These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

SOE Cruiser

Author
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#21 - 2013-10-25 19:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Solstice Project wrote:

ESGs are
uhm
"n. an acronym for excessive salivating glands"

What ?

Expanding Sphere Generator

"The ESG was used as a defensive tool to block incoming projectiles like missiles. It puts a sphere of energy around the ship; it is charged like a phaser capacitor. Its size is controlled by a setting: the smaller the size, the more powerful it is. Its offensive purpose is to ram enemy starships. "

I have the former, SOE should have the latter

Reading Urban Dictionary is like staring into a copy of The Sun

Dont

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-10-25 19:48:21 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

ESGs are
uhm
"n. an acronym for excessive salivating glands"

What ?

"The ESG was used as a defensive tool to block incoming projectiles like missiles. It puts a sphere of energy around the ship; it is charged like a phaser capacitor. Its size is controlled by a setting: the smaller the size, the more powerful it is. Its offensive purpose is to ram enemy starships. "

I have the former, SOE should have the latter

Reading Urban Dictionary is like staring into a copy of The Sun

Dont
So ... shields ? o_O
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#23 - 2013-10-25 19:51:56 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
So ... shields ? o_O

Good shields

Propershields

Or even a non-lethal weapon of some kind

Other wise

The Little Hunters are liars and hypocrits of the highest order

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#24 - 2013-10-25 20:00:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
Just saw the updates to the Stratios. Its terrible now. It'll see use in hisec 4/10s, and it will also still be the best option for all-in-one cloaky lowsec explo, but the thing will be slow as all hell at doing any serious plexes. As in, it'll be moderately faster than a covert-sub t3. Its gone from being noticeably inferior to the gila/ishtar for tank/damage to being completely inferior.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#25 - 2013-10-25 20:01:03 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Just saw the updates to the Stratios. Its terrible now. It'll see use in hisec 4/10s, and it will also still be the best option for the all-in-one lowsec explo, but the thing will be slow as all hell at doing any serious plexes. As in, it'll be moderately faster than a covert-sub t3. Its gone from being noticeably inferior to the gila/ishtar for tank/damage to being completely inferior.

Ship not suited to task underpar to ships suited to task shocker

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-10-25 20:04:27 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
I just watched Ted Williams on Youtube and this sentence, with his voice, is awesome !
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-10-25 20:10:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Just saw the updates to the Stratios. Its terrible now. It'll see use in hisec 4/10s, and it will also still be the best option for the all-in-one lowsec explo, but the thing will be slow as all hell at doing any serious plexes. As in, it'll be moderately faster than a covert-sub t3. Its gone from being noticeably inferior to the gila/ishtar for tank/damage to being completely inferior.

Considering the task was to do those sites, and now the top end of being able to do that has been scaled back while making other tools for doing the same greatly superior, seems like the intent has failed.

But lets not fret, after all we have a new cloaky ganker and hot dropper.

Also, I disagree with the idea of these being used in highsec. The use of a covert cloak is of minimal use and site completion times of greater concern to keep from getting the site stolen from under you. An ishtar would serve better.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#28 - 2013-10-25 20:13:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Considering the task was to do those sites,

No it wasnt
Unless you mean thats the task its not suited to do?
In which case yes

Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Which is PRECISELY the job Ill be putting it to, seeing as no one has bothered to make my poor little Ashimmu cloakable :(

That and its actual purpose. Maybe.

If I get poor and need cheap but boring Isk

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2013-10-25 20:19:35 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Considering the task was to do those sites,

No it wasnt
Unless you mean thats the task its not suited to do?
In which case yes

Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Which is PRECISELY the job Ill be putting it to, seeing as no one has bothered to make my poor little Ashimmu cloakable :(

That and its actual purpose. Maybe.

If I get poor and need cheap but boring Isk

If this is the task intended, which is not what was stated when these were announced or presented, and was the intended target of the nerf per the statement made, then great, but logically it could stand to have some of the bonuses scaled back to fit that, such as the virus strength, high drone bay and cargo hold, arguably the scan strength bonus as well. Those were aimed at a task which the ship apparently was not aimed at despite the CCP statements to the contrary.
Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#30 - 2013-10-25 20:19:43 UTC
Lilliana Stelles wrote:
Am I the only one who thought this was a PVE ship?
For farming the new implant sites? Aka combat+scanning?

I mean, I certainly don't want to do that with a rapier.
And it'll be nice to not use a T3 for everything.

The new Ghost site do not require scanning. They are anoms.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#31 - 2013-10-25 20:24:10 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

If this is the task intended, which is not what was stated when these were announced or presented, and was the intended target of the nerf per the statement made, then great, but logically it could stand to have some of the bonuses scaled back to fit that, such as the virus strength, high drone bay and cargo hold, arguably the scan strength bonus as well. Those were aimed at a task which the ship apparently was not aimed at despite the CCP statements to the contrary.

Where please

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-10-25 21:00:22 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Where please

CCP Rise wrote:
What we're shooting for is ships that are themed around exploration and therefor make good platforms for a range of activities including probing, hacking, exploration combat sites, anoms, killing anom runners, spying on people, looking super sexy and generally being kind of awesome.
If you guys can show me fits that you feel SHOULD work with the cloak and don't because of missing the bonus please let me know, but we were able to run 6/10s with it set like this and it gives it some interesting tradeoffs when deciding what to do with it.
We felt the ships needed a defensive bonus of some kind to help them run sites, but we didn't want to use the Gal side of the bonus for active armor rep (especially since people don't love active armor rep bonuses generally).
We've had several references to PvE intent, while not excluding PvP of course, and while I can't quote it, the rubicon announcement on twitch had a good portion of talk about it as well.

These and more can be found in the thread on the F&I forums, including quotes of .
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#33 - 2013-10-25 21:10:38 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

CCP Rise wrote:
What we're shooting for is ships that are themed around exploration and therefor make good platforms for a range of activities including probing, hacking, exploration combat sites, anoms, killing anom runners, spying on people, looking super sexy and generally being kind of awesome.
If you guys can show me fits that you feel SHOULD work with the cloak and don't because of missing the bonus please let me know, but we were able to run 6/10s with it set like this and it gives it some interesting tradeoffs when deciding what to do with it.
We felt the ships needed a defensive bonus of some kind to help them run sites, but we didn't want to use the Gal side of the bonus for active armor rep (especially since people don't love active armor rep bonuses generally).
We've had several references to PvE intent, while not excluding PvP of course, and while I can't quote it, the rubicon announcement on twitch had a good portion of talk about it as well.

These and more can be found in the thread on the F&I forums, including quotes of .

Cheers

Though I dont see where it says what you said, especially not specific to the cruiser BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU WILL SAY

So lets just agree to disagree

I know what you mean, I just don't agree

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#34 - 2013-10-25 21:15:44 UTC
Speaking of implant sites, can we get a sniper frigate with bonuses for zapping pods from great distances?

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#35 - 2013-10-25 21:16:40 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

have the former, SOE should have the latter

So ... shields ? o_O

Sounds more like a misappropriated Langston Field.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#36 - 2013-10-25 21:17:48 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Speaking of implant sites, can we get a sniper frigate with bonuses for zapping pods from great distances?

When I first played EvE

I wanted a Heron with a L Railgun on it to snipe other frigs in a single shot

But :op:

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#37 - 2013-10-25 21:19:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Sounds more like a misappropriated Langston Field.

So you wouldn't be too suprised to see a ESG coming towards you if you were on the bridge of a Kzin ship Id imagine....

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#38 - 2013-10-25 21:20:45 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

CCP Rise wrote:

Cheers

Though I dont see where it says what you said, especially not specific to the cruiser

You're right, they could've been referring to the frigate in running 6/10 plexs.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#39 - 2013-10-25 21:21:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
War Kitten wrote:

You're right, they could've been referring to the frigate in running 6/10 plexs.

Yup cruisers and frigates the only classes of ship there are

Oh and in case your eyes have malfunctioned Ill repeat myself

"especially not specific to the cruiser BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU WILL SAY

So lets just agree to disagree"

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#40 - 2013-10-25 21:22:20 UTC
i'd like to point out the bit about running 6/10s was prior to it losing a 25mbit.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Previous page123Next page