These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve is not a sandbox

Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#21 - 2013-10-25 18:46:00 UTC
It's not a Sandbox unless it has confining borders.

Otherwise it's just a useless, and too vast, a Beach.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Anslo
Scope Works
#22 - 2013-10-25 18:46:26 UTC
Try coming to the Bleak Lands for a fight instead of feeling 'l33t' by blapping newbies.
Actually, no. Just quit. You're what's wrong with Eve.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-10-25 18:47:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
I guess maybe I'm a little angry I got warned for something yet I have no Idea why. I'm a paying customer and it seems like the want to protect the incoming players more than peeps like us who pay already and have been for some time. I don't think an action should be allowed to happen so easily mechanically if they don't want you to do it. Or at least be very clear on what it is they don't want you to do. Protecting one group over another is not a sandbox. For crying out loud if I'm yellow in couster that does not mean I'm tricking noobs into pvp. There are many reasons to be yellow in couster. Like how about trying to get a duel without being jumped by a guy who has 50 logi with him. In couster a guy like me who is trying to learn pvp couster is helpfull. Ps i dont mean to kill noobs but sometimes they attack me.

ok theres my rant, anyone got any helpfull thoughts?
Yes, i have.

It is completely broken that CCP believes new players have to be protected,
instead of being taught how to survive and protect themselves.

It's also broken that there are only highsec starter areas,
although there definitely have to be noobs out there who'd rather start in null- or lowsec.

Additionally, it's completely broken that new players pretty much only mine or run missions at the beginning
and worse, that they do most of the stuff solo. Griefers tell them to go mining or running missions,
instead of helping them finding out what to do in EvE or at least playing with them together.

You're welcome.
Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-10-25 18:50:17 UTC
No i don't kill noobs at least I don't try to. But I do run to the saftey of Couster. Yes becaus I don't know how to pvp to good . Give me good examples of how to learn .
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2013-10-25 18:50:49 UTC
Those who say this is a sandbox are the ones trying to make it their litterbox.

Those who say this is not a sandbox are envying those who are making this their litterbox.

The rest of us are not aspergian alpha personalities.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#26 - 2013-10-25 18:52:01 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Yes, i have.

the rules regarding newbies only apply to the starter systems and tutorials, where they're still learning how to control the spaceship and identify important information. that's the only place they need to be protected and it's the only place they are protected.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-10-25 18:52:54 UTC
destiny2 wrote:
Someone spent to much time argueing with himself.

looks like he lost Sad

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-10-25 18:52:56 UTC
Ps every noob I ever killed got his money back +, But the funny thing is some of them kill me,lol. Fighting solo as a new pvper is brutal. Put a place out there for me plz, heck I have put loads of money into EVE, why not protect me to??
Baggo Hammers
#29 - 2013-10-25 18:53:43 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
I guess maybe I'm a little angry I got warned for something yet I have no Idea why. I'm a paying customer and it seems like the want to protect the incoming players more than peeps like us who pay already and have been for some time. I don't think an action should be allowed to happen so easily mechanically if they don't want you to do it. Or at least be very clear on what it is they don't want you to do. Protecting one group over another is not a sandbox. For crying out loud if I'm yellow in couster that does not mean I'm tricking noobs into pvp. There are many reasons to be yellow in couster. Like how about trying to get a duel without being jumped by a guy who has 50 logi with him. In couster a guy like me who is trying to learn pvp couster is helpfull. Ps i dont mean to kill noobs but sometimes they attack me.

Here's one. Quit hanging around newb areas like a perv. WTF do you need to do there? Another punk-ass station hanger.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#30 - 2013-10-25 18:54:26 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
Ps every noob I ever killed got his money back +, But the funny thing is some of them kill me,lol. Fighting solo as a new pvper is brutal. Put a place out there for me plz, heck I have put loads of money into EVE, why not protect me to??

Ok Ill be serious, you have touched my heart-string

What happened? And dont omit any detail, no matter how filthy

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#31 - 2013-10-25 18:54:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
I don't think an action should be allowed to happen so easily mechanically if they don't want you to do it.
It's not the action they don't want, but the intent, and they can't filter that away.

Quote:
i dont mean to kill noobs but sometimes they attack me.
…at which point you're free to attack them right back assuming you haven't been abusing the rules in the rookie systems. However…
Quote:
For crying out loud if I'm yellow in couster that does not mean I'm tricking noobs into pvp. There are many reasons to be yellow in couster
…since that's exactly what you're doing, it means you're trying to hide your newbie abuse behind “onoz, sandbox”, which is quite frankly laughable in its abject weakness, and no amount of post-fact self-justification changes this.

No, there really aren't any reason whatsoever for you to go or yellow in Couster at your age. Stay out of the rookie systems, and you won't have to be slapped down for abusing the rookies who live there. The rules are very clear on this point, and your abuse of new players has even less to do with what is and isn't a sandbox than your original uninformed definition was.
Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-10-25 18:56:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Weeze88 Roman
Baggo Hammers wrote:
Weeze88 Roman wrote:

Here's one. Quit hanging around newb areas like a perv. WTF do you need to do there? Another punk-ass station hanger.

There are many other things to do in couster, Not just perving which you seem to have a handle on there. We were in a war, targets went there, I was yellow outside station, a noob attacked me I shot at him and he went boom in like a second. I wasn't there to f with noobs. Some of you can't get over that couster is not just a starter system. War targets go there and hide. There are agents there also not all of us start out doing missions etc, there are many things to do in couster. Just make it so only noob players can go there. dont allow the mechanic, don't threaten paying players over rules that are confusing. Didn't they add the blue green red button things?
Na Und
Galactronics
#33 - 2013-10-25 18:57:07 UTC
Baggo Hammers wrote:
Weeze88 Roman wrote:

You have to admit, whether he is correct or incorrect, the obsession with newbs is creepy.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-10-25 18:57:14 UTC
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
No i don't kill noobs at least I don't try to. But I do run to the saftey of Couster. Yes becaus I don't know how to pvp to good . Give me good examples of how to learn .
I will.

First and foremost ... most people have no actual clue about game mechanics.
Most people can't even fit a ship and instead just say "use this" or "use that".

If you want to learn how to win at ship combat, ask people who are good at it.

Experience matters more than skillpoints.

How to determine who is *bad* and should be avoided:

People only fighting within docking range.
People who rely on others to rep them even in 1vs1.
People who mostly blob. (avoid eve-uni, really)
People who run bigmouths, while hiding within a group. (see above)
People who tell you to use "this" fitting, without explanation or reasoning about
the harmony in between ship, modules and the pilot.

People you can safely ask, because they are legitimately good:

Cannibal Kane

I would expand this list, but i can't actually think of anybody else.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-10-25 18:58:59 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Yes, i have.

the rules regarding newbies only apply to the starter systems and tutorials, where they're still learning how to control the spaceship and identify important information. that's the only place they need to be protected and it's the only place they are protected.
Thanks for pointing that out. I must have a false memory,
because i think that CCP actually monitors them outside of starter systems too.

My bad.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-10-25 19:00:35 UTC
I have to add something.

You are a solo pilot.

I would suggest teaming up with noobs, leaving the starter area and just going for it.

Youtube will help you a lot more than most people.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#37 - 2013-10-25 19:00:48 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

way to get trolled, he's whining because he tried to skirt the rules and the GMs are smarter than he is
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#38 - 2013-10-25 19:02:21 UTC

I also imagine that hiding in the pre-schooler's sandbox because you annoyd bigger boys in your own grade's sandbox

Is probably not what Couster is for

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-10-25 19:05:02 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Weeze88 Roman wrote:
I will.

First and foremost ... most people have no actual clue about game mechanics.
Most people can't even fit a ship and instead just say "use this" or "use that".

If you want to learn how to win at ship combat, ask people who are good at it.

Experience matters more than skillpoints.

How to determine who is *bad* and should be avoided:

People only fighting within docking range.
People who rely on others to rep them even in 1vs1.
People who mostly blob. (avoid eve-uni, really)
People who run bigmouths, while hiding within a group. (see above)
People who tell you to use "this" fitting, without explanation or reasoning about
the harmony in between ship, modules and the pilot.

People you can safely ask, because they are legitimately good:

Cannibal Kane

Thx, someone who can see frustration and genuinely wants to help. I wish ccp was this helpfull.

I would expand this list, but i can't actually think of anybody else.
Weeze88 Roman
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2013-10-25 19:06:06 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

I also imagine that hiding in the pre-schooler's sandbox because you annoyd bigger boys in your own grade's sandbox

Is probably not what Couster is for

Thats funny! klol