These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jita: from tradehub to scamhub!!

First post
Author
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#61 - 2013-10-25 18:07:10 UTC
Angeal MacNova wrote:
The trade hubs are plagued with scammers and the forums are plagued with trolls.

Lies.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2013-10-25 18:08:55 UTC
Angeal MacNova wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
I don't care if others are trying to be funny, i'm definitely not.

What i'm trying, though, is to attack your ignorance and childish behaviour
and i am obviously succeeding.

Why do you insist on writing "you", although you know it's wrong and makes you look like an idiot?

The OP had the intent of creating more awareness to the scams and, with your first replay, you jumped down their throat with a wild assumption for no reason.

You simply make yourself look like an ******* and a child.

@OP: The trade hubs are plagued with scammers and the forums are plagued with trolls.
If you really believe this, then you're as bright as the OP.
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#63 - 2013-10-25 18:38:35 UTC
Aivo Dresden wrote:
The only annoying thing with Jita is the never ending stream of scams in chat. The chat there is just completely useless and the 1 genuine seller in there will never get any kind of visibility. While I agree that scamming is part of the game, and you should just pay attention to what you buy, the endless stream of spam isn't.

According to the code of conduct here (link) spamming is indeed prohibited and I really hope at some point ISD or what not will take action against these players spamming the same crap every couple of seconds.

im reasonably convinced that several, most, if not all the repeat scam posters are just bots. and while i have no way of proving it, i dont know if theres any way to even have ccp investigate them. I mean if bot mining is bad, shouldnt bot scamming be just as bad. After seeing the same names posting the same message in the same trade hub for days weeks months when does it start to become obvious.

When are these freeloaders who wont even undock to make thier botted filth vulnerable to player action going to get whats coming to them (an investigation at least prove me wrong even i dont care just something).

I know some scammers in trade hubs are legit humans cause i have spoken to them and had a good laugh - and i fully endorse thier human operated services!
TharOkha
0asis Group
#64 - 2013-10-25 19:03:16 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha
Aramatheia wrote:

im reasonably convinced that several, most, if not all the repeat scam posters are just bots. and while i have no way of proving it, i dont know if theres any way to even have ccp investigate them.

It has been proven already . Problem is that CCP is mysteriously avoiding this long term problem (mining bots=forbidden; spam bots=allowed.)

Also solution could be simple. Just automatically ban all those characters from this list.
Hammer Crendraven
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-10-25 19:09:47 UTC
Nina Mink wrote:
Gone try to start a thread where people can discuss the
latest scams. Tell us about you being scammed. If we all work
together we can try to prevent that the same thing happens to others...

Nina

What you actually read local in Jita, that was where you went wrong.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#66 - 2013-10-25 21:41:05 UTC
This thread has been moved to Crime & Punishment.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#67 - 2013-10-25 23:19:48 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

...because the OP didn't get slammed hard enough in general d.

WTS CCC rigged battleship skill book. Lower than market value!
Nina Mink
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2013-10-26 00:14:08 UTC
Thx to those that supported me and understood what i was trying to do.

@Solstice Project: i wasn't trying to avoid discussion, excuse me for
having a real life next to EVE. I still want to discuss this with you some other time if u want.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#69 - 2013-10-26 00:39:54 UTC
Let's steer this conversation away from discussions of activities against the eula and such moderation. I'm sure CCP has things under control.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2013-10-28 18:04:14 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

Thanks. We didnt have enough bad threads.

Lol

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Rhatar Khurin
Doomheim
#71 - 2013-10-28 18:18:35 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Erotica 1 wrote:
So what is everyone having to eat? While I'm in Jita, I think I will enjoy a club sub with extra bacon. I'll load on the veggies and finish it off with a small stripe of yellow mustard and some vinegar and oil.

I usually have two hotdogs at once

With onions and red sauce

Sometimes mus-tard

It depends

I like NY style Mustard but not real mus-turd

your talk of hotdogs reminded me of this