These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to lure more players to lowsec (a thinking-outside-of-the-box approach)

Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#81 - 2013-10-24 11:29:12 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
As i said, EVE keeps luring wrong people because of its monopoly, but that's likely to change sooner than later once there are more options to play serious online space games.
Get the F*** out !

You are too ******* full of yourself !

Without us "wrong" people, this game wouldn't even exist !
Would never have !

You are weaklings !
We will decimate all of you, if you threaten us !

We don't need you !
CCP doesn't cater to you !

Thanks for your money, now shut the **** up !

By the wrong players, I mean any of the following:

- carebears
- soloers/non-multiplayers
- hiseccers
- PvErs/non-PvPers
- casuals
- WiSers (these are becoming exctinct)
- failers/losers/misfits

You know, everyone who insists to play the game wrong, or tries to play it right but fails.

Roughly 60% of the players, actually, should rather be playing something else, but they aren't because there is no "something else". At the moment.

Im already waiting for the SC beta, within 24h all the EvE players are going to have found the exploits and make the game as unenjoyable for carebears as EvE is.

This. Count on it.

After all, "we" have had about a decade worth of experience doing it to this game. A new one ought to be easy.

And it's not like there aren't Goons in other games. Hell, I'm considering putting in my tenbux just for Star Citizen, once/if we get a release date.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Chandaris
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#82 - 2013-10-24 16:13:20 UTC
No.
Spurty
#83 - 2013-10-24 16:16:35 UTC
Q: How to lure more players into lowsec?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

TharOkha
0asis Group
#84 - 2013-10-24 16:20:02 UTC  |  Edited by: TharOkha

- carebears
- hiseccers
- PvErs/non-PvPers
- casuals
- failers/losers/misfits

You know, everyone who insists to play the game wrong, or tries to play it right but fails.

Please show us how to build "the right type" of sandcastles in this SANDBOX game.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#85 - 2013-10-24 16:31:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless

- Industrialists
- Explorers/Scouts
- hiseccers (Define this, I dont know what it is)
- Mission runners seeking to run low-sec missions
- People who only get time to play at the weekend
- People who invest in the setting
- People that I look down on

Roughly 60% of the players, actually, should rather be playing something else, but they aren't because there is no "something else". At the moment.

Confirming Eve would be better without these people Roll

And that no other games exist, or have ever existed

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#86 - 2013-10-24 18:19:31 UTC
TharOkha wrote:

- carebears
- hiseccers
- PvErs/non-PvPers
- casuals
- failers/losers/misfits

Please show us how to build "the right type" of sandcastles in this SANDBOX game.

Who, me? No, just ask around. Ask CCP why this people get no content, ask PvPrs, nullseccers and trolls why these people are continuosly demanded to have their content nerfed, i mean, just read the forums. The hostility is almost tangible sometimes.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Richard Ramlrez
Doomheim
#87 - 2013-10-24 18:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Ramlrez
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
How to get more players to leave highsec.
Volume 1.

By Unsuccessful at Everything.

Shrink true highsec to only a few core systems with at least 1 lowsec system in between.

After 30 days, NPCs attack you for loitering in their space. Wanna stay longer, buy an empire visa.

NPC corps should have 30% taxes on everything (welcome to empire citizenship) includes visa holders.

Make NPC corps wardeccable via FW, this would include anyone who is staying in empire space with a visa.

Remove CONCORD in .7 and below systems, leave only slightly buffed NPC police and gate/station guns.

Reduce highsec asteroid belts to absolute bare minimum (its highsec empire space with a high population density, resources should be severely dimished due to NPC mining for 24000 years).

Remove 50% of highsec manufacturing slots (NPC competition).

Have tutorials actually get you ready for life on your own.

This list could go on for quite awhile....

Watch the majority of player base quit tired from being harrased. You won't have your easy ganks and now the only PVP you will find will be against your own corp members.

Enjoy.

Gankers are really dumb to think PVErs would accept their terms. Notice i said gankers, not PVPers.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#88 - 2013-10-24 18:40:22 UTC
Richard Ramlrez wrote:
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
How to get more players to leave highsec.
Volume 1.

By Unsuccessful at Everything.

Shrink true highsec to only a few core systems with at least 1 lowsec system in between.

After 30 days, NPCs attack you for loitering in their space. Wanna stay longer, buy an empire visa.

NPC corps should have 30% taxes on everything (welcome to empire citizenship) includes visa holders.

Make NPC corps wardeccable via FW, this would include anyone who is staying in empire space with a visa.

Remove CONCORD in .7 and below systems, leave only slightly buffed NPC police and gate/station guns.

Reduce highsec asteroid belts to absolute bare minimum (its highsec empire space with a high population density, resources should be severely dimished due to NPC mining for 24000 years).

Remove 50% of highsec manufacturing slots (NPC competition).

Have tutorials actually get you ready for life on your own.

This list could go on for quite awhile....

Watch the majority of player base quit tired from being harrased. You won't have your easy ganks and now the only PVP you will find will be against your own corp members.

Enjoy.

Gankers are really dumb to think PVErs would accept their terms. Notice i said gankers, not PVPers.

If you couldn't that Unsuccessful was trolling...

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#89 - 2013-10-24 18:54:25 UTC
I applaud the OP's idea but, asking a bunch of lazy, gate-camping, shoot everything that moves "leet PvPers" to moderate themselves is like asking an alcoholic not to drink at an open bar.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#90 - 2013-10-24 19:06:20 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
I applaud the OP's idea but, asking a bunch of lazy, gate-camping, shoot everything that moves "leet PvPers" to moderate themselves is like asking an alcoholic not to drink at an open bar.

As opposed to what? A bunch of afk miners who can't be asked to orbit a roid or fit shield hardeners? Or the kind of player who is too lazy to use DotLan before jumping through a lowsec pipe? Or the kind of guy who can't be asked not to put 5 billion isk worth of stuff in a freighter, then autopilot 26 jumps to Jita?

Best Meltdown Ever.

Zen Dad
Solitary Sad Bastard In Space
#91 - 2013-10-24 19:18:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Zen Dad
I can't see the point of high sec or null sec. Both are full of boring pilots. Wormholes are good if you enjoy spending half your time in a catatonic trance. if it wasn't hard in lo-sec I would have given up Eve long ago.

Come to think of it - now that every other exploration ship is a triple or quad stabbed magnate there IS no Point anymore. ( if you get my clever pun)
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#92 - 2013-10-24 19:19:33 UTC
Zen Dad wrote:
I can't see the point of high sec or null sec. Both are full of boring pilots. Wormholes are good if you enjoy catatonics trances...

Translaiton: I can't see why anyone would live somewhere i wouldn't.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#93 - 2013-10-24 19:22:47 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:

That's how i see it, but then, at least we set a case against anti-soberness laws and the demands to force everyone to drink alcohol or leave the city.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Zen Dad
#94 - 2013-10-24 19:26:33 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Zen Dad wrote:
I can't see the point of high sec or null sec. Both are full of boring pilots. Wormholes are good if you enjoy catatonics trances...

Ah ha - CCP's trained attack dog is on guard again! Quick interception there jenn..
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#95 - 2013-10-24 19:36:37 UTC
Zen Dad wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Zen Dad wrote:

Ah ha - CCP's trained attack dog is on guard again! Quick interception there jenn..

If you don't like CCP (and by extension the game they made, you just said you don't like null, high or wormholes lol) why are you here again?
Anslo
Scope Works
#96 - 2013-10-24 20:50:00 UTC
Broken Record EP, by Jenna Side.
The song never ends.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#97 - 2013-10-24 20:51:03 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Broken Record EP, by Jenna Side.
The song never ends.

This is the song that never ends!

Best Meltdown Ever.

Zen Dad
#98 - 2013-10-25 08:09:07 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Zen Dad wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Zen Dad wrote:

If you don't like CCP (and by extension the game they made, you just said you don't like null, high or wormholes lol) why are you here again?

Where didi I post about not liking CCP?
Jenn says many things but they all translate as '"turn around and put your hands up against the wall"
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#99 - 2013-10-25 08:31:08 UTC
How to lure more players to lowsec?

Invite them. Tell them you're going to teach them PvP, then do so. Take them on roams, teach them how to help you. Teach them how to help themselves. Then cut them loose and tell them they have 30 seconds to run before you start shooting :)

The hard part is just getting them interested in lowsec at all, not getting them out there.