These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Newbie question about Remote Capacitor Transmitter

Author
Natasha Konovalova
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-10-23 16:03:59 UTC
Given all skills at level 5 and two random battleships:

If each BS is using 2 x Large Remote Capacitor Transmitter on the other one, will they be able to remain cap stable running X-Large Shield Booster? Or, at least, will they be able to run it for a while (with my fits it shows cap running out in about 35 seconds without any transfer)? I am aware you are not supposed to permanently run such a powerful booster, but the tanks on my fits are very thin with maximum focus on DPS, and I would like to have more cushion than 35 seconds...
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#2 - 2013-10-23 16:36:46 UTC
The question is too broad. "Random Battleships" with shield boosters? could mean any manner of fail fits.
People can give better advice if you post the ships, the fits, the purpose, etc.
At first glance, I think there's a better way to do *whatever* it is you are doing.
And my first thought is: Why not remote shield boosters instead?
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-10-23 16:49:29 UTC
Open up EFT, add the capacitor transfers under projected effects.
Jay Kreutzer
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-23 16:51:43 UTC
didn't learn basic arithmetic in grade school?
Natasha Konovalova
Doomheim
#5 - 2013-10-23 16:52:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Natasha Konovalova
I discovered there's "Projected Effects" option in EFT, and it shows that fits get stable only with 3 cap transmitters (this will only work with marauders). With only 2 cap transmitters I get an extra minute of capacitor, which is not bad at all actually, considering combined DPS these ships put out.

I checked my fits with large remote shield booster, and the fitting requirements are prohibitive in my case. While two cap transmitters fit and run just fine, a single remote shield booster requires 5% implant right off the bat. With max skills...