These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How to lure more players to lowsec (a thinking-outside-of-the-box approach)

Author
Baaldor
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#61 - 2013-10-22 13:12:18 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Silvetica Dian wrote:
(...)
Finally you are missing the adrenaline rush that many of us have only experienced in eve (outside of rl ofc) that comes from being hunted or being the hunter in this game. Seriously open up dotlan. look up the characteristics of a place you would like to visit and go take a visit. You will be surprised at the different ecosystems you can find in various areas of the map.

Most people don't experience adrenaline rushes. A minority actually gets sick with them. As i said, EVE keeps luring wrong people because of its monopoly, but that's likely to change sooner than later once there are more options to play serious online space games.

Yes Eve is dying, new space pixel game will arrive soon to save the risk averse e-honor crowd.

After all the years of seeing all this tripe, it is obvious that 99.8% of all call out threads and whinenaughts are basically Trolls pulling out the small percentage of specialsnowflakes that play this game and whine about the sand in their va jay jay.

Jamagh
Grand Violations
#62 - 2013-10-22 13:31:21 UTC
low sucks. I have been there. Did not like it. Mining there was a pain. Made less isk than I did in high. Gave up and went null on my main. So far... I am enjoying it. Although I have been there only a day or so.

"Please stop reopening silly rumor threads."  CCP Navigator.

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#63 - 2013-10-22 13:33:10 UTC
Q: How to lure more players into lowsec?
A: Don't shoot them unless they're war targets.

Your suggestion is alluringly simple. Maybe even to simple.

IT'S A TRAP! Lol

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#64 - 2013-10-22 13:41:03 UTC

/me facepalm. *

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

TharOkha
0asis Group
#65 - 2013-10-22 13:43:05 UTC
Lowsec is not just about isk/hr.( Also since CCP introducted Clone soldiers into low sec belts, it doesn't suck so bad anymore.) Lowec has its own "atmosphere" which i like.
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#66 - 2013-10-22 13:43:09 UTC
Did you log into the right game forum to post this?

I think you have the wrong... environment

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#67 - 2013-10-22 13:45:33 UTC
Na Und wrote:
And that's the point. I'm a carebear who pays for my sub with rl money because my rl does not allow me to make my home in low or nullsec. I don't understand why some people cannot accept my playstyle. (And I've never played WoW, by the way . . . and I don't care to . . . .) And I have ONE account, so stuff it, boxers.

Uhhh... I have a steady job (40hrs / 5 days a week) and I even run a small corporation... in lowsec, using a single character on a single account. I've been part of a smaller nullsec Alliance, and at one time I even lived in a wormhole. Still, I only have a couple of hours in the evening, maybe some more during the weekends. It's not about how much time you can play. It's about what you actually do with your time when you log in.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#68 - 2013-10-22 13:59:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Arduemont wrote:

/me facepalm. *

It's cold outside of the box, isn't it? Lol

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#69 - 2013-10-22 14:01:18 UTC
Baaldor wrote:
Silvetica Dian wrote:
(...)
Finally you are missing the adrenaline rush that many of us have only experienced in eve (outside of rl ofc) that comes from being hunted or being the hunter in this game. Seriously open up dotlan. look up the characteristics of a place you would like to visit and go take a visit. You will be surprised at the different ecosystems you can find in various areas of the map.

Most people don't experience adrenaline rushes. A minority actually gets sick with them. As i said, EVE keeps luring wrong people because of its monopoly, but that's likely to change sooner than later once there are more options to play serious online space games.

Yes Eve is dying, new space pixel game will arrive soon to save the risk averse e-honor crowd.

+1 you had me laughing this morning :) .

I don't know why these folks can't understand that they are slaves to EVE and nothing is gonna change that. It's like when Star Trek online was announced and many of them bears yelled "EVE is gonna lose subs" after it was announced that STO would not have non-consensual pvp, would harshly punish any kind of "griefing" and would bascially have no real death penalty even in PVP.

You'd think they'd just leave EVe and go to their carebearing paradise that even lets you walk around in stations and on planets. but nooooo, to EVE they cling, using excuses like "well STO isn't a sandbox"...while they complain about the sandbox elements of EVE and live in EVE's themepark section (high sec).

It will be exactly that way with Star Citizen. They'll go there, find that it doesn't give them the things EVE does, and slnik right back here (quietly of course) only to begin posting anew that EVE is dying when the next space "savior" game appears on the horizon.

One day, nursing homes and retirement communities across Europe, Australia and North America will be filled with Alzheimers patients screaming "EVE is Dying" .. at least until they themselves actually die lol.
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2013-10-22 14:26:27 UTC
Karle Tabot wrote:

Are you wrong in what you posted above? Not in my opinion.

Now, were you to kill some new player and gloat over what in essence was a trained and experienced adult fighter beating up a new and inexperienced teenager, and then go to the forums and cry and whine that more such victims do not come to low and null sec to offer themselves as such sacrifices to your insatiable ego, then in that case, again in my opinion, you are indeed wrong, and it tells me a bit about who you are in real life. But Eve Online allows that, it encourages that, and it seems a very large number of players truly think doing that makes you or them look good.

If in some player's all around life that type thing truly passes for a noteworthy achievement they are truly proud of, I suppose I will have to have as much empathy for them as for their victim.

Well i am a 2013 char and moved to null within a couple of months.
I prefer to shoot at larger gangs than at small gangs but will happily shoot anything that crosses my gunsights.
Finding fights isn't too hard in lowsec.
I would have hated it if no one had shot at me when i first started pvping "because i have too little SP to shoot at"
My ego is easily sated ty.
How someone plays a role playing game tells you virtually nothing about what they are like IRL.
If you chat with them a lot in text and TS maybe you will learn a bit about what they are like IRL but even then you are missing too much context for any real accuracy.
Telling someone they are playing with the sand incorrectly is laughable.
I personally think more people should try out low and null and i think many of them would adapt quickly and find it rewarding. I don't think they are wrong to stay in highsec if they truely want to.
Mining in highsec without a permit is wrong though.
Botting is wrong.
not giving a gf in local is also wrong (politeness costs nothing) after an alt of mine tried mining for a while i even offered one up to the person who suicide ganked my barge. (i had a permit too Sad )

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Montine FleurdeLys
DEEP-13
#71 - 2013-10-22 14:57:16 UTC
Na Und wrote:
I've never gotten the "let's move them to lowsec" argument. For example, tonight I have a game on the telly, and the usual . . . a dog who requires my attention. (Other people have family).

I might not even log on tonight, and if I do, I do not plan on devoting my attention to clicking a damn button every few seconds.

Agreed.

I used to live in nullsec and in low, so I know what it's like.
I went back to hisec because I got tired of having to watch my back constantly. It takes too much mental energy than I want to spend to always have to be "on" like that. I decided that I like the safer hisec to just tool around in and relax after a hard days work without having to deal with fight or flight stresses and Dscanning every other second.

I'm not in it for the iskies or the killboard glory. I have lost more ships than I can remember, it's not a big deal. I just want to be able to relax in the evening in a cool space game. Maybe other hi sec residents feel this way too.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#72 - 2013-10-22 15:10:07 UTC
Montine FleurdeLys wrote:
Na Und wrote:
I've never gotten the "let's move them to lowsec" argument. For example, tonight I have a game on the telly, and the usual . . . a dog who requires my attention. (Other people have family).

I might not even log on tonight, and if I do, I do not plan on devoting my attention to clicking a damn button every few seconds.

Agreed.

I went back to hisec because I got tired of having to watch my back constantly. It takes too much mental energy than I want to spend to always have to be "on" like that. I decided that I like the safer hisec to just tool around in and relax after a hard days work without having to deal with fight or flight stresses and Dscanning every other second.

I'm not in it for the iskies or the killboard glory. I have lost more ships than I can remember, it's not a big deal. I just want to be able to relax in the evening in a cool space game. Maybe other hi sec residents feel this way too.

The bolded part is a lie. according to EVE Online's General Discussion forum, Null sec is safer than high sec, you don't even have to have local up it's so damn safe.

/sarcasm Lol
Na Und
Galactronics
#73 - 2013-10-24 01:47:26 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Na Und wrote:
And that's the point. I'm a carebear who pays for my sub with rl money because my rl does not allow me to make my home in low or nullsec. I don't understand why some people cannot accept my playstyle. (And I've never played WoW, by the way . . . and I don't care to . . . .) And I have ONE account, so stuff it, boxers.

Uhhh... I have a steady job (40hrs / 5 days a week) and I even run a small corporation... in lowsec, using a single character on a single account. I've been part of a smaller nullsec Alliance, and at one time I even lived in a wormhole. Still, I only have a couple of hours in the evening, maybe some more during the weekends. It's not about how much time you can play. It's about what you actually do with your time when you log in.

We are talking past each other. Fact of the matter is, my rl responsibilities prevent me from devoting 100% of my attention to the game, when I'm logged-on. Oh, did I say the word, "game?"
Na Und
Galactronics
#74 - 2013-10-24 02:08:24 UTC
Montine FleurdeLys wrote:
Na Und wrote:

Agreed.

Others will disagree, but the d-scan mechanic in this game probably is the most effed-up thing about it. I can jump into a system, and auto-scan for anomalies, but not for predators? Gimme a break.

That being said, the d-scan thing is so institutionally-entrenched that there's no hope of changing it for the better.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2013-10-24 02:44:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
As i said, EVE keeps luring wrong people because of its monopoly, but that's likely to change sooner than later once there are more options to play serious online space games.
Get the F*** out !

You are too ******* full of yourself !

Without us "wrong" people, this game wouldn't even exist !
Would never have !

You are weaklings !
We will decimate all of you, if you threaten us !

We don't need you !
CCP doesn't cater to you !

Thanks for your money, now shut the **** up !
Josef Djugashvilis
#76 - 2013-10-24 06:22:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
How to get more players to leave highsec.
Volume 1.

By Unsuccessful at Everything.

Shrink true highsec to only a few core systems with at least 1 lowsec system in between.

After 30 days, NPCs attack you for loitering in their space. Wanna stay longer, buy an empire visa.

NPC corps should have 30% taxes on everything (welcome to empire citizenship) includes visa holders.

Make NPC corps wardeccable via FW, this would include anyone who is staying in empire space with a visa.

Remove CONCORD in .7 and below systems, leave only slightly buffed NPC police and gate/station guns.

Reduce highsec asteroid belts to absolute bare minimum (its highsec empire space with a high population density, resources should be severely dimished due to NPC mining for 24000 years).

Remove 50% of highsec manufacturing slots (NPC competition).

Have tutorials actually get you ready for life on your own.

This list could go on for quite awhile....

Dear Unsuccessful at Everything, your application to CCP to help grow the customer base has been, well, unsuccessful.

Reason: The bean counters have determined that if your ideas were to be implemented, the four or so remaining players would not be enough to sustain the company as a viable financial concern.

We wish you luck and sincerely hope that you are more successful in your future endeavors.

This is not a signature.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#77 - 2013-10-24 07:39:13 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
As i said, EVE keeps luring wrong people because of its monopoly, but that's likely to change sooner than later once there are more options to play serious online space games.
Get the F*** out !

Would never have !

You are weaklings !

We don't need you !

By the wrong players, I mean any of the following:

- carebears
- soloers/non-multiplayers
- hiseccers
- PvErs/non-PvPers
- casuals
- WiSers (these are becoming exctinct)
- failers/losers/misfits

You know, everyone who insists to play the game wrong, or tries to play it right but fails.

Roughly 60% of the players, actually, should rather be playing something else, but they aren't because there is no "something else". At the moment.

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#78 - 2013-10-24 08:23:50 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Get the F*** out !

Would never have !

You are weaklings !

We don't need you !

By the wrong players, I mean any of the following:

- carebears
- soloers/non-multiplayers
- hiseccers
- PvErs/non-PvPers
- casuals
- WiSers (these are becoming exctinct)
- failers/losers/misfits

You know, everyone who insists to play the game wrong, or tries to play it right but fails.

Roughly 60% of the players, actually, should rather be playing something else, but they aren't because there is no "something else". At the moment.

Im already waiting for the SC beta, within 24h all the EvE players are going to have found the exploits and make the game as unenjoyable for carebears as EvE is.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#79 - 2013-10-24 08:29:30 UTC

gun ragequit

Byyyyy the wayyyyyy: can I have your stuff?

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#80 - 2013-10-24 08:54:34 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:

gun ragequit

Byyyyy the wayyyyyy: can I have your stuff?

I am not quitting. Smile

i am just kicking the ball back to PvPr's side. What can YOU do so YOU have more/better PvP? My suggestion: favor quality over quantity.