These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

We seriously need to chill out a little...

Author
DarkAegix
Acetech Systems
#21 - 2011-11-17 12:32:27 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
DarkAegix wrote:
Oh please, there are like 3 people in total complaining about Crucible.

make that 4

Nah, you're one of the 3.
Eebi
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2011-11-17 12:34:40 UTC
DeBingJos wrote:
Benilopax wrote:
Florestan Bronstein wrote:
Benilopax wrote:
What say you?

don't care if CCP employees hate me.

But angry posts turn them off the community and so constructive suggestions get lost.

Angry posts and unsubbing made them do a 180 degree turn. The game is improving because of the critics. Don't forget that very important fact.

I like then new direction they are taking the game, but the community is responsible for it.

I'm glad with the sudden effort CCP made, the only thing that worries me; will it continue after the deployment of the winter expansion?
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#23 - 2011-11-17 12:38:16 UTC
When I get in a cab, I expect the driver to take to me where I've told him I need to go.

I don't expect him to stop off on the way and get a lottery ticket, which he couldn't do earlier in the day because his wife made him go and pick up his mother in law, and then his friend called and needed help with fixing his car. In addition to this, I expect him to know how to get to where I've told him to take me, and what the best route would be to miss out on all of the traffic in the surrounding area, because a cab driver should be listening to the traffic reports, not the cricket results whilst reading the paper.

In addition to that, I expect the cab to be clean and all of friday nights puke to have been removed from the rear seats.

All I should need to do is sit back and relax - and when we get to the destination, I don't expect him to moan and whine because he doesn't have any change for a twenty.

Cabs get me to where I need to be, not the other way around.

CCP have made steps in the right direction, and for now this is enough - only a fool would beleive that they can mess up again and get away with it.

The next big problem that CCP face is end-game content, because once you can fly captial ships, there is not much more for you to experience - hence the reason why null-sec is facing a backlash that has been very very very slowly brewing since Revelations.

If they make a mistake about the content gap between new players and end-game content, then they will face major expansion issues.

Yes, I know there is no such thing as an 'end-game', but there is is for content, which is looking thin on ground for players.

Fixing the game is always a priority, but what are CCP doing to add content? New ships don't count, as we already have plenty of ships - I'm talking about stuff we have never done before in space. What is there?

AK

This space for rent.

Boadicea Wales
Doomheim
#24 - 2011-11-17 12:48:14 UTC
I pay to play there for I am.Shocked

My EVE life has meaning god dame it X

Every revolution starts with one voice shouting in the wildernessRoll

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2011-11-17 12:51:38 UTC
so, im ment to be happy that ccp showed up after 18months and are doing stuff they should have done in that 18months?

OMG when can i get a pic here

Benilopax
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2011-11-17 13:20:22 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
so, im ment to be happy that ccp showed up after 18months and are doing stuff they should have done in that 18months?

Well they can't go back in time. Your just gonna stay angry forever?

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2011-11-17 13:24:09 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

Well they can't go back in time. Your just gonna stay angry forever?

im not angry, but i see no reason at this point to say 'good job ccp, well done' maybe in 2 years when they have worked there asses off for that 2 years making eve better. then maybe. but until then they do not deserve a pat on the back as they chose to neglect there main and only product.

Shawnm339
Ardent Industrial
#28 - 2011-11-17 13:27:15 UTC
So if Santa brought you a ferarri for xmas you'd sit and **** and moan about it because YOU wanted one a year ago.....???!!!
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2011-11-17 13:29:29 UTC
Shawnm339 wrote:
So if Santa brought you a ferarri for xmas you'd sit and **** and moan about it because YOU wanted one a year ago.....???!!!

lol. if he brought me a ferarri after making me sit in dog shite for 2 years prior, would i forget the dog shite?

Shawnm339
Ardent Industrial
#30 - 2011-11-17 13:33:05 UTC
Smoking Blunts wrote:
Shawnm339 wrote:

lol. if he brought me a ferarri after making me sit in dog shite for 2 years prior, would i forget the dog shite?
no but maybe you'd enjoy the ferarri a bit more and chicks would be more forgiving of the fact you smell of dog shite.....anyway my point is this you have no idea how good the expansion may or may not be but one things for sure we (collective we) will never forget the last months of balls up by CCP but maybe in tune with Xmas spirit it's time to forgive when the Crucible is released....
Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2011-11-17 13:41:36 UTC
Shawnm339 wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:
Shawnm339 wrote:

no but maybe you'd enjoy the ferarri a bit more and chicks would be more forgiving of the fact you smell of dog shite.....anyway my point is this you have no idea how good the expansion may or may not be but one things for sure we (collective we) will never forget the last months of balls up by CCP but maybe in tune with Xmas spirit it's time to forgive when the Crucible is released....

1 good thing dosnt make up for many screw ups. personnaly i will review ccp's turn around in and over the next few years. its kinda pointless to do that so soon. its been what 2 months?
talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words and all that jazz.

Boadicea Wales
Doomheim
#32 - 2011-11-17 13:43:53 UTC
Shawnm339 wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:
Shawnm339 wrote:

being made to wait 4 years to final walk in a station = being made to sit in dog shite
4 years later we are walking in stations only to see it as a bit of a fail, then having to stare at a door = the return to the dog shite

When can you deliver the ferarri CCP? Alass knowing CCP as we do it'll have no engin LolLolLol

I think that about cover the point being made here savvy.Pirate
MaiLina KaTar
Katar Corp
#33 - 2011-11-17 13:54:31 UTC
Benilopax wrote:
What say you?

Well. Though rage goes far beyond what I feel about the whole thing (really don't give a **** at the end of the day to be honest), I'm not really all that hyped on Crucible.

To me it's like CCP going »We're finally doing what we were supposed to be doing since 2005. Aren't we awesome?!«
Well no, you're not, sorry. Fix your game, hire some real CRM expertise and pay attention to what your colleagues are doing. Then we'll talk about awesome.

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2011-11-17 14:00:53 UTC
Crucible is a terrible expansion.

CCP are completly failing to listen to the community's demands for all Minmatar ships to be reskinned into a steampunk theme with random gears and pistons and **** all over them, also for autocanons to be changed into swords wielded by robotic arms. When will CCP learn?
Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#35 - 2011-11-17 14:37:50 UTC
Occupy Jita

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: diogenes.proc@gmail.com

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2011-11-17 14:45:00 UTC
I think people needed to shut the **** up and play the game or quit when Incarna came out. This is all a little late if you ask me.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#37 - 2011-11-17 14:47:59 UTC
Your all a Bunch of Cry Babies :)

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#38 - 2011-11-17 15:24:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Benilopax wrote:

Did we expect them to go without sleep for 3 months and fix the whole game?

Shocked
I figured they weren't sleeping for three months because the Community Brute Squad sat them all down and made them actually PLAY the game they're making ...

I can see (some of) it now:

Dev 1 -- you know what this game needs?
Dev 2 -- hmm ..
(both in unison) -- ENGINE TRAILS!

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#39 - 2011-11-17 15:49:34 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
Zleon Leigh wrote:
While on the fast track to turn things around they are implementing without thinking.

POCO's are screwing a lot of players over and run a real risk of causing a lot of economy grief.

that is the understatement of the day , i am furious about POCO, because low sec pi is one of my main sources of income for my industrial acount
89 pages of feedback overwhelming majority saying it is a stupid idea and a concept that will NEVER work and what does CCP do they jusy ignoring us and implement POCO s

If only you didn't have a penis on your face I would be able to read you post.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#40 - 2011-11-17 15:49:59 UTC
Benilopax wrote:

TL:DR 

You can't expect miracles overnight, give CCP one more expansion to fix the game. Stop raging, keep calm and carry on.

it will take a little more than a shinies expansion to fix everything
remember, this expansion is like 75% art, 15% carebear buff, and 10% papercut fixes

its a good start, and looks good on the front page of Pravda
but it's only a small step in the right direction down a long road