These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon] Ghost Sites & Ascendancy Implant Set

First post First post
Author
Snape Dieboldmotor
Minotaur Congress
#41 - 2013-10-20 13:55:40 UTC
It's good to see new content. I look forward to even more new stuff
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-10-20 14:02:12 UTC
i'll reserve a jump clone for those implants right now, throw em on my indy alt and go to jita in 1 minute from 10 jumps out :D

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Sir Mattsimus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-10-20 14:35:32 UTC
I this a newly announced feature? I don't recall reading anything about this in the features and ideas discussion section.
SKINE DMZ
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#44 - 2013-10-20 14:45:46 UTC
Ghost site sounds awesome, do think it should be a cosmic signature. Smile

Also Sir Mattsimus I think this was announced at EVE Vegas.

I disagree

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2013-10-20 14:47:38 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
What are Ghost Sites?

Ghost sites are a new, rare type of cosmic anomaly

Does this mean they will only require the on-board scanner to find, and won't need to be probed down?

OP states that you'll be able to find it with system scanner, so I guess that the answer is positive.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#46 - 2013-10-20 15:04:25 UTC
Will there be a new type of salvager to salvage implanted corpses or will we be able to do that with a regular one?
Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#47 - 2013-10-20 15:29:07 UTC
I want to see one of the implant material requirements be a special type of scrap collected from used implants either through willful removal or frozen corpse exploitation.

I wonder if that could make for a new kind of ransom: "We'll let you keep your golem if you pull your snake set out and give us the scrap!"

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Makoto Priano
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#48 - 2013-10-20 15:34:02 UTC
Lloyd; nothing about corpses yet. ;)

Affinity;

So. I'm trying to think of where these will see use, outside of convenience-- and the obvious use cases seem to be freighters (between this and the Rogue set, they can probably hit ~2.72 au/s if they're motivated, though for the discerning freighter pilot Slaves might be better for anti-gank hilarity), and interceptor pilots for truly insane arrival speeds. The trick is-- if these end up anywhere near the cost of existing pirate implants, will that dissuade pilots from using them?

Which is to say-- people buy expensive implants when they specifically speak to the strengths of a ship, and expand those needs. Couching this new PvE's desirability on a single (admittedly powerful, but niche) implant series may be risky, given that for the heavy spenders there will often be more relevant implants. Perhaps it might not be a bad idea to do two or three implant series?

Also: what NPC types will be in these sites? Sleeper-based, or...?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Random Woman
Very Professional Corporation
#49 - 2013-10-20 15:48:16 UTC
Chitsa Jason wrote:
I am super excited about this one. Especially because these things gonna be in whs :)



Not excluding WHs sure is strange for CCP, but nowhere where it should be.
Sushi Nardieu
The Generic Pirate Corporation
#50 - 2013-10-20 16:13:31 UTC
Any clue on the difficulty of ghost sites in wormholes?

Can they be capital escalated in C5/6s? Like radar and mag sites can.
Is loot different in anyway between W-space and K-space?

The Guns of Knowledge 

David Laurentson
Laurentson INC
#51 - 2013-10-20 16:16:04 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
Lloyd; nothing about corpses yet. ;)

Affinity;

So. I'm trying to think of where these will see use, outside of convenience-- and the obvious use cases seem to be freighters (between this and the Rogue set, they can probably hit ~2.72 au/s if they're motivated, though for the discerning freighter pilot Slaves might be better for anti-gank hilarity), and interceptor pilots for truly insane arrival speeds. The trick is-- if these end up anywhere near the cost of existing pirate implants, will that dissuade pilots from using them?

Which is to say-- people buy expensive implants when they specifically speak to the strengths of a ship, and expand those needs. Couching this new PvE's desirability on a single (admittedly powerful, but niche) implant series may be risky, given that for the heavy spenders there will often be more relevant implants. Perhaps it might not be a bad idea to do two or three implant series?

Also: what NPC types will be in these sites? Sleeper-based, or...?



Blockade runner pilots looking to out-warp baseline interceptors, maybe? Without sacrificing cargo space, at least.
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2013-10-20 16:16:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Max Kolonko
CCP Affinity wrote:
Max Kolonko wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:

What are Ghost Sites?

Ghost sites are a new, rare type of cosmic anomaly. They will appear on your system scanner and will be a new style of exploration site featuring fast paced hacking and combat.


a few questions:

define "fast paced hacking and combat"

is it tailored for big team of players

is it maybe for small group of 1-5 players?

will those sites scale with WH class (from 1 man sites in c1 to triage/dread fleet in c6)

how rare/abdundant You want those sites to make

will they appear in addition to existing sites or will they be just added to "spawn table" so overall sites in one WH system will be similar? I hope they are made as addition so we can have more things to do in WH

does all material needed for production of those impalnts be available in WH or do we need materials from diffrent types of space (i.e. can we produce them in WH or do we have to move stuff from hi sec into wh first)


It's tailored to be run solo if you want to but to allow for disruption gameplay. It may be beneficial to take a team with you, but there will be nothing in the site that forces you to take a group of be at a disadvantage.

Fast paced just means perhaps it is in your best interests to not stick around for too long...

The highest level of site will be in WH space, but they won't scale with class

The sites will be rare enough that if you happen to be lucky and spot one, it is worth your while to drop what you are doing and go to the site

They will be an addition

All materials needed for production will not be available in WH space - no single area of space will have everything they need without moving stuff




Thak You for those answers, but what You wrote makes me kind of sad :(

First of all with introduction of new content that also affected WH (FInally You guys fought about us when introducing something that can be used everywhere) You missed the biggest chance to add actual gameplay so people that have nothing to do but spin pos'es will get their hands dirty. Instead we get a very rare site that will be cleared by single person and we will not see another in a day or so (example numbers)

Instead You guys could increase the amount of appearances of those sites but decrease the value of single site. That way people will actually venture and look for them instead of having just "lucky find" when they went for boring gas mining.

With rare occurances this will not solve another problem - it will not bring more people into WH that are searching for those sites. Its to big risk to go to WH to begin with and now they will also be lucky if they will find one site? Nahhhh, i'll just look in hi-sec for the lesser versions.

Last question: What kind of combat do You have in mind - just like the old hi/low/null hacking/archeo sites? if yes than this is the worse joke CCP pulled on us - taking away content with one hand and reintroduce as "New Content" with another.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#53 - 2013-10-20 16:51:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Schmata Bastanold
CCP Affinity wrote:
Content Designers don't work on lag, overview, broken grids :)


So what exactly did you work on for last 2 years? Because nothing new was introduced in term of content and environment and what was released consisted basically of attributes shifting (rebalance / tiercide team), artsy stuff (art team), sounds/music (audio team), few old hulls in new colors.

In the meantime lowsec pvp focal points were removed (static 2/10 DEDs), exploration switched into "go where lights are blinking and click on dots then grab whatever pinata spews on you", probing got broken on many levels from basic stuff up to meta level because apparently devs don't play their own game or even test for regressions. Oh, and you still didn't solve spaghetti code since what, 5 years ago? So no new POS system, no new corp management, no overview or d-scan revamp, no new anything.

So, what exactly Content Designers do for Eve?

Invalid signature format

Random Woman
Very Professional Corporation
#54 - 2013-10-20 17:16:36 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:

So, what exactly Content Designers do for Eve?


WHs got new Radar and Mag site containers (the sites are still the same), that end up being ignored completly because the new system sucks donkey balls.

The last big content update was incursions?! They seem to be rather pupular, but then thats like 2 years old now I guess.

Oh there are a few new gates in lowsec, hauling them there sure took half a year of content designer work.
Witchway
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#55 - 2013-10-20 17:37:43 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Guess we can all say you added something to wormhole space :-/



When we add content we should think about adding it to WH space also :) This is not supposed to be a huge WH feature, but they will get the best blueprint and it's worth mentioning they will be in WH space also as that is not always a given.


I think what he means is that wormholes need some serious love all the way around and specifically in terms of security within corps and we got an entire team of devs working on a useless feature that no one would give two ***** about had you not just announced it.

so to recap, fuckfuck this shitshit.

Official Shit Talking Captain, Bastard of Hard Knocks Inc.

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2013-10-20 17:47:02 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
What are Ghost Sites?

Ghost sites are a new, rare type of cosmic anomaly

Does this mean they will only require the on-board scanner to find, and won't need to be probed down?


Yes, just the on-board scanner

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#57 - 2013-10-20 17:47:53 UTC
Sir Mattsimus wrote:
I this a newly announced feature? I don't recall reading anything about this in the features and ideas discussion section.


Yes, was announced at EVE Vegas

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#58 - 2013-10-20 17:48:40 UTC
Sushi Nardieu wrote:
Any clue on the difficulty of ghost sites in wormholes?

Can they be capital escalated in C5/6s? Like radar and mag sites can.
Is loot different in anyway between W-space and K-space?


WH sites will be the most difficult but they will not scale

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#59 - 2013-10-20 17:57:05 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Affinity
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:
Content Designers don't work on lag, overview, broken grids :)


So what exactly did you work on for last 2 years? Because nothing new was introduced in term of content and environment and what was released consisted basically of attributes shifting (rebalance / tiercide team), artsy stuff (art team), sounds/music (audio team), few old hulls in new colors.

In the meantime lowsec pvp focal points were removed (static 2/10 DEDs), exploration switched into "go where lights are blinking and click on dots then grab whatever pinata spews on you", probing got broken on many levels from basic stuff up to meta level because apparently devs don't play their own game or even test for regressions. Oh, and you still didn't solve spaghetti code since what, 5 years ago? So no new POS system, no new corp management, no overview or d-scan revamp, no new anything.

So, what exactly Content Designers do for Eve?


Last 2 years... I think incursion rebalance, tutorial overhaul, FW overhaul inc missions and sites, exploration and now ghost sites. Even if I hadn't done these sites I still would not do a POS system, corp management, overview etc.. you are looking for a programmer to speak to about those :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#60 - 2013-10-20 17:58:05 UTC
Snape Dieboldmotor wrote:
It's good to see new content. I look forward to even more new stuff


Thanks :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle