These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Masquerade/Costume Ball and Party

Author
Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#41 - 2013-10-17 18:31:40 UTC
Just a friendly reminder that the event is almost upon us and if you wish to participate in the silent auction, you can send the notifications in to me now (by EVEmail of course).

We travel in the dark of the new moon,

A starry highway traced on the map of the sky

Anslo
Scope Works
#42 - 2013-10-17 18:32:37 UTC
Eeeeh won't be able to make it Saturday. Sorry Steff. But you already know I got your back!

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#43 - 2013-10-18 04:43:40 UTC
Steffanie Saissore wrote:
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
Where is the event being held? Is that Gallente space?

What system? What's the security rating on that system?

By midnight, I assume you mean 0:00 standard time and not whatever is midnight on that planet.

The exact details are in the link, but to answer directly, the estate is on a small island on Gallente Prime.

I went to the link and it didn't say what planet or system the event was being held in. Only that it was at the Ebon Rose Estate.

That's why I asked.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#44 - 2013-10-18 04:54:19 UTC
Hmm, I will have to speak to the editor...I admit, I was in a bit of a rush to get the information out, but that is quite an oversight. My apologies

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#45 - 2013-10-18 07:31:40 UTC
Should be a very entertaining evening :-)

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#46 - 2013-10-18 12:04:34 UTC
Kyllsa Siikanen wrote:
Are we allowed to come dressed as other capsuleers?

I hope you don't plan to... display flesh with jacks? Oops

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#47 - 2013-10-18 16:37:13 UTC
Even Update

I have added a sample menu for the event that can be found here: Masquerade Menu

Please note, this is not a detailed menu, just a sample of what will be available.

Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#48 - 2013-10-19 00:22:33 UTC
The exact location for the event is: House of the Black Rose

If you need the co-ordinates tomorrow, you can contact me directly.

Thank you

Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#49 - 2013-10-20 06:00:45 UTC
With the masquerade wrapped up, I would like to thank all who attended for an enjoyable and pleasant evening.

I would also like to thank those that took part in the silent auction. Now, given that the identities of the winners were revealed at the end of the event, I might as well make a public accounting and publicly thank each of the winners for donating to a worthy cause.

• The Gnosis-class battlecruiser went to Jude Kopenhagen for 90m ISK
  • The Tempest-class (Fleet Issue) battleship went to Havohej for 625m ISK
  • The Megathron-class battleship went to...well...one Silas Vitalia for 191m ISK

The contracts were issued and all have been honored, so thank you to the three winners.
The auction raised 906m ISK for the Ebon Rose Orphanages.

Thank you.

Makkal Hanaya
#50 - 2013-10-20 06:39:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Makkal Hanaya
I'm not one to judge, but do you think it's in the best interest of an organization designed to help orphans to give a battleship to someone who blows up ships full of orphans?

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Sofia Roseburn
Verdant Inquiries
#51 - 2013-10-20 06:44:09 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
I'm not one to judge, but do you think it's in the best interest of an organization designed to help orphans to give a battleship to someone who blows ups ships full of orphans?

Give with one hand, take with the other.
Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#52 - 2013-10-20 06:49:37 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
I'm not one to judge, but do you think it's in the best interest of an organization designed to help orphans to give a battleship to someone who blows ups ships full of orphans?

To the best of my knowledge, Pilot Hanaya, I have never blown up a ship full of orphans.

Ms. Saissore, you did a fine job organizing and hosting tonight's charity event. The atmosphere was light enough for casual relaxation, and yet it drew a number of fine and influential infomorphs so that the foundations of some important business could be laid at the same time. I thank you for the opportunity to help the human children vicariously through your Order and the efforts it goes to on their behalf.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Steffanie Saissore
Tyrathlion Interstellar
#53 - 2013-10-20 06:50:13 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:

I did not know the identity of the third person till after the event. They stayed masked the entire evening until they left.

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#54 - 2013-10-20 06:51:46 UTC
Oh, was she talking about Vitalia?

She did that? I must pay more attention... so many straw figures posting propaganda, lately, it's hard to determine what's worth reading and what isn't.

My apologies, Pilot Hanaya.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Makkal Hanaya
#55 - 2013-10-20 07:02:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Makkal Hanaya
Not a problem. I should have been more specific. Heretic, not heathen.

Steffanie Saissore wrote:
I did not know the identity of the third person till after the event. They stayed masked the entire evening until they left.

I see.

Whatever the case, sorry I missed it. Medical emergency. Maybe next time.

Lasairiona Raske
#56 - 2013-10-20 07:54:58 UTC
It was a wonderful evening, Stef. I won't soon forget it :-)

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell

Iwan Terpalen
Doomheim
#57 - 2013-10-20 11:35:35 UTC
I most certainly was not boozing it up on a lush estate in the heartland of an opposing nation's territory. But if I were, I'm sure I would have had an excellent time.
Vincent Pryce
Blue Canary
Watch This
#58 - 2013-10-20 11:39:47 UTC
This was a lovely event. I rarely step in the limelight these days, but I am glad I did for this one. You were an excellent hostess miss Saissore.

"From your Curse we made Heaven for ourselves."

Domination Seraphim

Cartel approved, Heaven blessed

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#59 - 2013-10-20 13:43:11 UTC
Thank you for organizing this event Miss Saissore. Originally I didn't really know what to expect, as this was my first time attending such event. I can assure you I had a good time and it was great meeting many of the more famous capsuleers in person.
It was a good way of knowing some of the capsuleers in a more informal way.
May the winds be with you on your endeavour.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
#60 - 2013-10-20 17:53:02 UTC
I deeply regret not having being able to attend; other business sadly kept me from what sounds to have been an extremely pleasant evening. I congratulate Miss Saissore on a finely hosted gala and wish her order the best luck in the distribution of aid to those who are in such desperate need. May God guide you on your endeavor and in your good works may you see His hand in all our lives.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13