These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE Vegas

Author
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-10-19 23:03:30 UTC
I watched off an on today. I just wanted to see what they'd say about Rubicon more than anything. Then I saw Joker and boy he was way too nervous but he actually tried to give some help to people from what I gathered from his presentation.

Then I saw Mittens... Grr Goons but more than anything it was just boring epeen stroking for a good half hour(not sure how long but it seemed like forever). I started watching a movie and saw Chribba speaking and it was pretty much the same thing Mittens was doing which was more epeen stroking telling about themselves and that's it pretty much.

Was this the whole purpose of EVE Vegas was to get people to talk about themselves which was quite boring. I will give Mittens it gave a good history even tho it was just about Goons being Goons and definitely not "nice people".

I'd recommend getting some people that are actually going to maybe say something that isn't just about what they exactly do and what they've done..
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-10-19 23:06:03 UTC
And you're so special that you had to create this thread to tell us your nonsense ?

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Noriko Mai
#3 - 2013-10-19 23:06:42 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
I watched off an on today. I just wanted to see what they'd say about Rubicon more than anything. Then I saw Joker and boy he was way too nervous but he actually tried to give some help to people from what I gathered from his presentation.

Then I saw Mittens... Grr Goons but more than anything it was just boring epeen stroking for a good half hour(not sure how long but it seemed like forever). I started watching a movie and saw Chribba speaking and it was pretty much the same thing Mittens was doing which was more epeen stroking telling about themselves and that's it pretty much.

Was this the whole purpose of EVE Vegas was to get people to talk about themselves which was quite boring. I will give Mittens it gave a good history even tho it was just about Goons being Goons and definitely not "nice people".

I'd recommend getting some people that are actually going to maybe say something that isn't just about what they exactly do and what they've done..

All fine. *strokes epeen in Tron 3K's face*

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-19 23:14:25 UTC
No I'm not special.. Never said I was just saying what was the point other than get drunk. Hopefully I"m still playing this game to make it down there next year just was hoping for something a little more. I think Chribba's a good guy and I think Mittens is a douche canoe but they did their thing..
Noriko Mai
#5 - 2013-10-19 23:17:12 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
No I'm not special.. Never said I was just saying what was the point other than get drunk. Hopefully I"m still playing this game to make it down there next year just was hoping for something a little more. I think Chribba's a good guy and I think Mittens is a douche canoe but they did their thing..

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2013-10-19 23:19:05 UTC
Boring alts...
Noriko Mai
#7 - 2013-10-19 23:23:00 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
Boring alts...

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#8 - 2013-10-19 23:40:22 UTC
Personally i enjoyed the presentations.

Maybe a player cant really "learn" much from watching these presentations, but you do learn something about some of the people who have a permanent place in EVE's history, and honestly i wish that there would be more of this kind of presentations in the future.
Noriko Mai
#9 - 2013-10-19 23:42:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

Maybe a player cant really "learn" much from watching these presentations, but you do learn something about some of the people who have a permanent place in EVE's history, and honestly i wish that there would be more of this kind of presentations in the future.

AttentionAttentionAttentionAttentionAttentionDude. What's wrong with you? GD isn't a place for reasonable posts! AttentionAttentionAttentionAttentionAttention

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-10-20 00:24:07 UTC
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

I'd like to see an immediate summary posted to the EVE Portal by somebody at CCP when these kinds of announcements or info is/are shared by CCP as part of an official EVE gig.

You can't tell me such a summary can't be prepared ahead of time, and then kept under some kind of "embargo" until the appropriate time, and then released shortly after the relevant "live" announcements have been made at whatever event.

-1 CCP, for sloppy PR.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Noriko Mai
#11 - 2013-10-20 00:27:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
Felicity Love wrote:
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

I'd like to see an immediate summary posted to the EVE Portal by somebody at CCP when these kinds of announcements or info is/are shared by CCP as part of an official EVE gig.

You can't tell me such a summary can't be prepared ahead of time, and then kept under some kind of "embargo" until the appropriate time, and then released shortly after the relevant "live" announcements have been made at whatever event.

-1 CCP, for sloppy PR.

All fine. *strokes epeen in Felicity Love's face*

Feels much better than Tron 3K's face btw! Big smile

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-10-20 00:36:47 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Felicity Love wrote:
NightCrawler 85 wrote:

-1 CCP, for sloppy PR.

All fine. *strokes epeen in Felicity Love's face*

Feels much better than Tron 3K's face btw! Big smile

Wasn't funny the first time.. I mean if you are just trying to get this locked by stupidity I think you'll fail and hopefully they'll just delete your posts. Its just a little criticism from people watching that want a little more than just, I did this and I did that. Its not really a presentation then. Granted Mittens did show some history behind all the other stuff so I give him a little for that.

Everything else looked good maybe more eve talk and less valk and dust junk
Damsel in Distress
The Scope
#13 - 2013-10-20 00:44:18 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
I what they've done..

They made me quit - guess that's something...
Miku Yumi
Emergency Medical Assistance Unit
#14 - 2013-10-20 02:03:34 UTC
Presenters presenting what they do...imagine that.

Would you rather someone hurf blurf about something they know nothing about??

I enjoyed the stream
WilliamMays
Stuffs Inc.
#15 - 2013-10-20 02:08:27 UTC
@OP: would you rather have people stand up there and tell you their theories on how they think things might work or should work? If that's your thing, save the pricey vegas trip, and just go sift through the GD and F&I forums; they both have plenty of unsubstantiated "experts".....myself included.

Mittens, Chribba and Joker were telling stories of real eve historical examples of why and how different things do/don't work. Much of what they talked on are questions that you see on these very forums daily.

You go ahead, get up on stage and you'll be strokin it just as much as everyone else; that is of course if you've done anything worth telling.
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2013-10-20 02:09:28 UTC
Miku Yumi wrote:
Presenters presenting what they do...imagine that.

Would you rather someone hurf blurf about something they know nothing about??

I enjoyed the stream

No something of value but then again you wouldn't understand being a Goon and all since it was mostly goons up there. (That doesn't bother me so don't try to come back that I hate them or whatever, they bring content to the game)
Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2013-10-20 02:12:14 UTC
WilliamMays wrote:
@OP: would you rather have people stand up there and tell you their theories on how they think things might work or should work? If that's your thing, save the pricey vegas trip, and just go sift through the GD and F&I forums; they both have plenty of unsubstantiated "experts".....myself included.

Mittens, Chribba and Joker were telling stories of real eve historical examples of why and how different things do/don't work. Much of what they talked on are questions that you see on these very forums daily.

You go ahead, get up on stage and you'll be strokin it just as much as everyone else; that is of course if you've done anything worth telling.

Mittens and Joker did I only caught bits and pieces of Chribba but the parts I saw were how much his biggest trade was and how his smallest trade was that he was the 3rd party for.

I guess I'm the minority here and everyone that was bored out of their mind on twitch were just trolling..
Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-10-20 02:27:13 UTC
GOON LOGISTICS IS SO AWESOME. YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE SO MUCH ISK! YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE SO MANY POSs! YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE A WEBSITE! YOU KNOW...

GOONSWARM SUCCESS IS MEASURED BY HOW FEW CHARACTERS YOU NEED TO ENTER INTO A WEBSITE! YOU KNOW...

YOU KNOW...

Thank You Obama!

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-10-20 02:29:47 UTC
Skill Training Online wrote:
GOON LOGISTICS IS SO AWESOME. YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE SO MUCH ISK! YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE SO MANY POSs! YOU KNOW...

THEY HAVE A WEBSITE! YOU KNOW...

GOONSWARM SUCCESS IS MEASURED BY HOW FEW CHARACTERS YOU NEED TO ENTER INTO A WEBSITE! YOU KNOW...

YOU KNOW...

lol Oh I do know this.. I wonder how many actually tried to drink to those "you knows".
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#20 - 2013-10-20 04:00:50 UTC
There is no more trusted escrow for capitals than the Mittani. That's why I use him.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

12Next page