These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Prime time is a joke

Author
Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#21 - 2011-11-17 05:51:27 UTC
Without being silly and declaring EVE dead, it is quite obvious that CCP are in some degree of trouble caused by strong competition in gaming generally and complete mismanagement over the last two years.

Crucible may not cut out all the rot, but it will put the brakes on the decline.

Time will tell once all the low hanging fruit is picked if CCP have the ability to deliver in large scale again. The problem for CCP is they used to build in response to increased players and subsequent emergent gaming. What will they build to now?
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#22 - 2011-11-17 06:49:15 UTC
When plex price is 500m people are cutting down amount of alts and also client requires more from computer so you can not run as many clients than before.

So accounts online has reduced but actual amount of players may be almost same.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#23 - 2011-11-17 07:12:55 UTC
Gogela wrote:
...plus we lost some people.

See... there were these problems with Incarna and and then there was something people are calling the "Fearless Incident" and then... awww frack it.

Google it.

We're whats left.

Welcome back.

We're starting over. Big smile

LolLol
Dbars Grinding
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2011-11-17 07:20:35 UTC
Excuse me while i farm 1.5 bil a month just to keep my accounts active. While paying for my ships,ammo, modules, etc that die in a fire. Yea ,can't see why the population is so low. Shocked

I have more space likes than you. 

mkint
#25 - 2011-11-17 08:39:02 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
Excuse me while i farm 1.5 bil a month just to keep my accounts active. While paying for my ships,ammo, modules, etc that die in a fire. Yea ,can't see why the population is so low. Shocked

I hate to say it, but the ONLY reason you have to grind 1.5 bill a month is because YOU pay in isk. It is your fault.

I feel no pity for people who complain about PLEX prices, because it's more people who buy plexes for $ that EVE needs, not the people who consume them.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

Shalia Ripper
#26 - 2011-11-17 08:51:49 UTC
The Archetect wrote:
T' Elk wrote:
Skyrim, MechWarrior 3, BF3, Saints Row 3....

MW3 = Modern Warfare 3....... You got me excited for a moment.... :(

I got wood.

Sig blah blah blah blah

Zleon Leigh
#27 - 2011-11-17 09:51:53 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Thanksgiving holiday is next week (runs Thursday-Sunday, and the Friday is a "big" shopping day called "Black Friday").

A lot of folks that I know (and I'm personally one of them) are taking the next two weeks to play other games until the expansion hits. Only reason I'm logging on this week and next is to tend to my PI and production lines and make sure that I have everything stockpiled for what I want to get done after the expansion hits.

Better take some time to get your PI *OUT* of customs. It won't be there waiting on you very long after release.

Incarna - Newest business example of mismanaged capital. CCP - Continuing to gank independent PI producers every day

PvP's latest  incentive program ** Unified Inventory **  'Cause you gotta kill something after trying to use it

Luh Windan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2011-11-17 09:55:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Luh Windan
While of course I do think Eve must have lost some customers through high PLEX and some bad decisions over the last couple of years: why is no one mentioning the recessions* over a lot of the western world at least? many people are reducing their spending, and let's face it a subscription to an MMO is a luxury, and with the high PLEX prices pricing a lot of people out of the ISK subscription market - even if CCP was doing a impeccable job I am sure numbers would be down a bit.

*oh sorry: "low growth nudge nudge wink wink"
Dr Karsun
Coffee Lovers Brewing Club
#29 - 2011-11-17 09:57:11 UTC
And to make that smile on your face even more noticable - check the plex prices out! Are we in the 600-s yet?

"Have you had your morning coffee?" -> the Coffee Lovers Brewing Club is recruiting! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=363976#post363976

Gatan Hahran
Brukterer
#30 - 2011-11-17 10:06:18 UTC
Dont worry folks. the new PANDA race we get in winter expansion will bring all the lost players back and a lot of females on top of it!
I was already allowed to have a look at their ships, they are fantastic! They have a bamboo form and are painted Black/White
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#31 - 2011-11-17 10:07:11 UTC
Klask Atriund wrote:
T' Elk wrote:
MechWarrior 3

What?

Everybody just calm down, there is no news on the new mechwarrior.

OP finds prime time a joke, if it is, he is the punchline.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Ethidium Bromide
ZEALOT WARRIORS AGAINST TERRORISTS
#32 - 2011-11-17 10:07:25 UTC
dude! when i had subed for my first week primtime was like 3k!
those were the days eve was really fun!!!! Big smile
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#33 - 2011-11-17 10:33:30 UTC
Hash Arzi wrote:
Really quick question. Since when does prime time have 25k people logged in? I just re-activated my account for the upcoming winter expansion and last time I checked, it was usually around 50k-60k. Has it just been an off-week or is this pretty common?

Since when was 02:48 "prime time".

Check between 19:00-23:00 on a weekday.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Kiblete
Perkone
Caldari State
#34 - 2011-11-17 11:03:11 UTC
Ciar Meara wrote:
Klask Atriund wrote:
T' Elk wrote:
MechWarrior 3

What?

Everybody just calm down, there is no news on the new mechwarrior.

OP finds prime time a joke, if it is, he is the punchline.

www.mwomercs.com

Bender 01000010
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2011-11-17 11:07:05 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:
When plex price is 500m people are cutting down amount of alts and also client requires more from computer so you can not run as many clients than before.

YOUR FACE GODDAMMIT!!!!
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2011-11-17 11:10:54 UTC
Bad Messenger wrote:

rumor has it that according to internal CCP communications subscriber count dropped by about 8% over summer.
Silent Lamb
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2011-11-17 12:16:23 UTC
Holy One wrote:
Shivus Tao wrote:
Skyrim killed EVE.

That and two years of complete dereliction and neglect.

lol.... only 2 years?

Where are they taking the hobbits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VznlDlNPw4Q

Illwill Bill
End of employment history
#38 - 2011-11-17 12:18:53 UTC
Silent Lamb wrote:
Holy One wrote:
Shivus Tao wrote:
Skyrim killed EVE.

lol.... only 2 years?

:18months:
Jak'rat
Doomheim
#39 - 2011-11-17 12:23:41 UTC
Luh Windan wrote:
While of course I do think Eve must have lost some customers through high PLEX and some bad decisions over the last couple of years: why is no one mentioning the recessions* over a lot of the western world at least? many people are reducing their spending, and let's face it a subscription to an MMO is a luxury, and with the high PLEX prices pricing a lot of people out of the ISK subscription market - even if CCP was doing a impeccable job I am sure numbers would be down a bit.

Because it's easier to blame CCP for everything, and to claim in a melodramatic fashion that "Eve is dying" . Blink

A lot of people are not only cutting down on costs but having to work longer hours or pick up a second job - so why pay for accounts you don't have time to log on to - sure, persistent skill training is cool, but it's down to that luxuy factor again.

"That's not a ship, it's a flying shotgun..."

Barbie D0ll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#40 - 2011-11-17 12:25:11 UTC
Illwill Bill wrote:
Silent Lamb wrote:
Holy One wrote:
Shivus Tao wrote:
Skyrim killed EVE.

lol.... only 2 years?

:18months:

not empty quoting