These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Good quality computers for eve-online ?

Author
Charles Wu-Wong
Anti-Nub Incorporated
Centipede Caliphate.
#21 - 2013-10-18 11:14:18 UTC
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#22 - 2013-10-18 15:31:18 UTC
xxVastorxx wrote:

so would something like this be able to handle eve client, moderatly with some high graphic settings ?
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX36957

Sorry my consultancy fee starts at $2000...
xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#23 - 2013-10-18 17:30:11 UTC
initially i didnt want to spend to much on my computer, at start but upgrade it as i need it, and yes i play other games as well like SC2 and Crysis 3
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#24 - 2013-10-18 17:42:09 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
well, also, you should consider buying a Titan Blink

Seriously though, anything in the $300-$1000 range should work (add in 20-25% if you want a laptop, so you can get a slightly better gfx card/CPU ... since the dirt cheap ones are usually terrible).

Titan Shocked Nah...GTX - 780 is cheaper and better for gaming with, it's what I just purchased for my rig that I am building.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-10-18 18:06:31 UTC
xxVastorxx wrote:
initially i didnt want to spend to much on my computer, at start but upgrade it as i need it, and yes i play other games as well like SC2 and Crysis 3

If this is the case, then focus on getting a good case and motherboard/processor. A NVidia 650 or Radeon 6670-6770 should be plenty for the video card. For the power supply get something cheap initially and upgrade later once you know what your upgrading to. For the HDD get a standard 1tb 7200rpm drive to start, and you can get an ssd later (they make a massive difference in load times, its probably the most noticable performance increases on modern pc's). Do your research on motherboards, an i7 processor is preferred, but honeslty i5 is plenty. Pay attention to the chipset of the motherboard though. For cases I recently got a corsair obsidian 550D and can't recommend it enough.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#26 - 2013-10-18 22:23:46 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
xxVastorxx wrote:

If this is the case, then focus on getting a good case and motherboard/processor. A NVidia 650 or Radeon 6670-6770 should be plenty for the video card. For the power supply get something cheap initially and upgrade later once you know what your upgrading to. For the HDD get a standard 1tb 7200rpm drive to start, and you can get an ssd later (they make a massive difference in load times, its probably the most noticable performance increases on modern pc's). Do your research on motherboards, an i7 processor is preferred, but honeslty i5 is plenty. Pay attention to the chipset of the motherboard though. For cases I recently got a corsair obsidian 550D and can't recommend it enough.

i talked to the guy at the store, and i said that comp is what im looking at getting but might need a bigger case incase i decide to upgrade it, and their more then willing to add a different case in for an extra 50$
Koki Ottic
Merry dancers in the sky
#27 - 2013-10-18 23:45:28 UTC

duel monitors ftw
Iudicium Vastus
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-10-18 23:52:27 UTC
Koki Ottic wrote:

duel monitors ftw

I bet that is rather entertaining to watch. Big smile

[u]Nerf stabs/cloaks in FW?[/u] No, just.. -Fit more points -Fit faction points -Bring a friend or two with points (an alt is fine too)

xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#29 - 2013-10-18 23:56:31 UTC
Koki Ottic wrote:

duel monitors ftw

i want to do at least 3, 2 for eve, 1 for youtube,facebook ts, and eft :D
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#30 - 2013-10-19 11:32:28 UTC
Seraph Essael wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

Seriously though, anything in the $300-$1000 range should work (add in 20-25% if you want a laptop, so you can get a slightly better gfx card/CPU ... since the dirt cheap ones are usually terrible).

Titan Shocked Nah...GTX - 780 is cheaper and better for gaming with, it's what I just purchased for my rig that I am building.

SLI dual 670s are cheaper and more powerful.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-10-19 12:22:38 UTC
Charles Wu-Wong wrote:

While I'm sure this was a joke, after looking at this ad I'm gonna buy this one...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-Accents-44737-4-Slice/dp/B0052WHF9U/ref=sr_1_8/276-2043584-3675546?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1382185255&sr=1-8

Very Nice. Not for EVE but for toast, I need a new toaster anyway...

Everyone is always repeating the mantra "Don't Trust Anyone" ad nauseum... If I can't trust the guys I play with, why bother playing with them at all? Fly Solo...

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-10-19 12:25:39 UTC
Koki Ottic wrote:

duel monitors ftw

Yes

and my 2 are Dell 30 Inch at 2560 at 1600. (5120 x 3200)

Incredibly nice...

Everyone is always repeating the mantra "Don't Trust Anyone" ad nauseum... If I can't trust the guys I play with, why bother playing with them at all? Fly Solo...

Rath Kelbore
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-10-19 15:38:17 UTC
xxVastorxx wrote:

Don't suppose you know anyone that can build one for you? That'd be the way to go. If you want to upgrade it as you go, just start with a good motherboard and you should be able to keep it current over the next few years.

I built a very nice gaming rig for my friend earlier this year for about 1000 dollars and I'm no expert. so it can probably be done better for cheaper.

hth

I plan on living forever.......so far, so good.

xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#34 - 2013-10-19 16:34:59 UTC
Rath Kelbore wrote:
xxVastorxx wrote:

Don't suppose you know anyone that can build one for you? That'd be the way to go. If you want to upgrade it as you go, just start with a good motherboard and you should be able to keep it current over the next few years.

I built a very nice gaming rig for my friend earlier this year for about 1000 dollars and I'm no expert. so it can probably be done better for cheaper.

hth

i do got a friend who can build them, but getting a hold of him is the problem lol
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2013-10-19 17:17:29 UTC
Toshiba has a decent touch screen laptop, I think it's a 19" monitor(?) that's like 400 bucks and should run even fairly well. Acer makes one as well but I haven't messed with one yet.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-10-19 17:20:08 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
I5 + 8gb ram + 660ti. Done.

AMD Phenom II X4 965+8gb + GTX 550ti + SSD = win <---have this except with an i3

This AMD mobo/cpu combo is pretty cheap

I have a gaming rig that is about 3 years old and cost me about a 1/4 of that rig and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Now, if we were to play a different game, like Forsaken World or something we might notice a bit of a difference...

hehe =P

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2013-10-19 17:21:06 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
The importance of having a good internet connection cannot be overstated (use cables not wifi if you want a faster gaming capable data stream)

Depends on the router.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-10-19 17:22:25 UTC
Let's start this thread over....

OP-

What's your budget you're wanting to spend? (Don't be shy it's ok).

Charles Panzram
Doomheim
#39 - 2013-10-19 17:39:03 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
I5 + 8gb ram + 660ti. Done.

i3+8gb ram + gtx 650 +mobo+hd+dvd/blue ray burner +case/psu
120$+80$+100$+90$+90$+60$ +80$ = 620$ Will even run most of todays games at ok quality
Upgrade cpu or gpu at your leisure.
You might even get something like this as a complete package for less than 600$
xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#40 - 2013-10-19 17:51:51 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

ill get a titan after i get a new comp Big smile
Previous page123Next page