These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

OH NO!!!! GOLEM LOOKS CRAPPIER!!!! NO damnit NO!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

First post
Author
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#61 - 2013-10-15 20:04:49 UTC
This is a new and exciting thread with loads of never before seen content.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#62 - 2013-10-15 21:22:57 UTC
You know what F this S!!!! I'm training now for the Paladin. DO NOT EVER TOUCH THAT SHIP!!!!!!!!!

Keep your crap Golem model. I'm throwing it into the junk pile with all the rest of my scrap metal loot.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

R Schuchart
#63 - 2013-10-16 06:38:40 UTC
I guess some people from the A-Team have no real desire more.

Otherwise I can not explain this loveless work. Someone here on the forum part has meant that for a ship worth 1 billion Isk the best design would be good enough.

That is my opinion!
Hawkwar
M.I.M.M.S
#64 - 2013-10-16 08:16:32 UTC
A lack luster looking ship so far thats unworthy of the eve game. Must of been an interns first attempt at a ship model surely.
Cyndrogen
#65 - 2013-10-16 12:11:35 UTC
Hawkwar wrote:
A lack luster looking ship so far thats unworthy of the eve game. Must of been an interns first attempt at a ship model surely.

THIS! Maybe it was outsourced to India like everything else.

Pynelo
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2013-10-16 21:54:52 UTC
there are no words to describe the disappointment of the new model of the Golem, a facepalm and terrible disappointment.
Cyndrogen
#67 - 2013-10-18 06:07:20 UTC
Pynelo wrote:
there are no words to describe the disappointment of the new model of the Golem, a facepalm and terrible disappointment.

Oh but there are many words to describe how disappointed I feel.

Rushed
Unfinished
Aesthetically challenged
Poorly proportioned
Frankensteined T3 upside down tengu with a broken raven hull
Uninspired
Inferior
Faulty
Misguided
UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2013-10-18 07:46:26 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
Hawkwar wrote:

Well **** you too.
Whisperen
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#69 - 2013-10-18 10:49:09 UTC
<_< >_> i like the new Golem model.

/Runs!
Cyndrogen
#70 - 2013-10-18 11:17:09 UTC
Whisperen wrote:
<_< >_> i like the new Golem model.

/Runs!

LOL, yeah, you like it, but you didn't "love" it either.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#71 - 2013-10-18 11:24:13 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
Hawkwar wrote:

I know who you are....

"The Duke of Edinburgh apologised yesterday after the Indian community became the latest group to be offended by one of his ill-judged, off-the-cuff remarks.

During a walkabout at an Edinburgh electronics factory, Prince Philip remarked that a fusebox bursting with wires looked "as if it was put in by an Indian". His remark prompted immediate condemnation."

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Cyndrogen
#72 - 2013-10-18 21:58:13 UTC
Was this the inspiration for the new Golem redesign?

http://www.birdlife.org/community/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/List-of-Birds-of-Prey.jpg

I would take a look at these proportions if you are going to steal from nature, make the wings even MORE extreme, give it MORE of this characteristic.

Gibbah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#73 - 2013-10-19 11:56:22 UTC
Add me to the crowd that does not like the new model at all. It actually looks like something I built in elementary school trying to resemble a bird. There is definitely something juvenile in its appearance, like a really bad child drawing. At least the current model still has SOME self respect left looking at least a LITTLE intimidating. Even though nobody is using it like that, it is suppose to be a war ship. Please, let it look like it at least.
Cyndrogen
#74 - 2013-10-19 12:34:30 UTC
Oops, I may have caused the redesigned golem to disappear from the test server. So if you want to see the model I am complainin bout..... forgetaboutit..... it is no longer on the test server.

Callic Veratar
#75 - 2013-10-19 16:59:29 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
You know what F this S!!!! I'm training now for the Paladin. DO NOT EVER TOUCH THAT SHIP!!!!!!!!!

Keep your crap Golem model. I'm throwing it into the junk pile with all the rest of my scrap metal loot.

The paladin model should be updated on Sisi early next week.
Cyndrogen
#76 - 2013-10-19 20:11:16 UTC
Callic Veratar wrote:
cyndrogen wrote:

The paladin model should be updated on Sisi early next week.

... I'm afraid Dave, stop Dave.... my mind is going.....

Ubat Batuk
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-10-19 21:06:00 UTC
@cyndrogen

You are wasting people's and CCP's time and you are creating an issue that does not exists. CCP has done a great job with Marauders transformations and changing the most ugly looking ship into something better looking and refreshing after years of ugliness. I do not care if you do not like the front of the Golem, I love it.

If only you concentrated your efforts on a better cause it would be beneficial to a lot of players.
Just get on with it, CCP has done enough to update this ship.
Ubat Batuk
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2013-10-19 21:13:54 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
500 000 people didn't read this thread.
I have already sold my Golem.

So a few of the 500 000 will sell their Golem... bid deal. If it so crap please sell it to me at reduced price, I will buy on the spot.
Octoven
Stellar Production
#79 - 2013-10-19 22:48:29 UTC
cyndrogen wrote:
Anton Menges Saddat wrote:
don't give us any screenshots or anything...

see for yourself, what do I look like the screen capture fairy?

To be quite frank don't complain to the rest of the community about a ship design unless you plan to also show us via screenshots. If you are proposing change and want to disseminate that proposition to the rest of the community, the duty of showing us what it is that is bad falls upon you.

Now onward to discussion. The raven model is used in both CNR, state issue, and T1 variation. Having a T2 being unique is rather great. I personally hate the whole angled wing look anyway, the flat look is a bit more variation. To be honest I refused to fly golem or raven because of this and trained into amarr. I think i will be training into the new sexy golem though. At the end of the day its all about personal taste.
Xhiucoatl Montezuma
Devils Diciples
#80 - 2013-10-25 09:38:40 UTC
What the Hell is CCP doing to the golem?

This has got to be the worse re-modeling ever!! The current model is gorgeous, DO NOT CHANGE IT, CCP.. you are ruining one of the game's most iconic ships.
Attention