These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Test Alliance Joining Caldari FW

First post
Author
Major Killz
inglorious bastards.
#101 - 2013-10-18 13:53:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Major Killz
X Gallentius wrote:
Major Killz wrote:
NOT TO MENTION strange things like corporations in Cal factional warfare that literally never go to low security space at all (why are you in factional warfare?). Also I know there's a lot of NCDOT, PL, and NULLI isk farmers in Amarr, Minmatar and Caldari militia. Seems near 30% of the pilots in these entities have alts in factional warfare (very common).

Wanted: Large Null Sec Corp to set up alts to farm for Gallente. Our Navy Domis are just as good looking as their Navy Ravens. We're not fat, our ships just have big bones!

Who knows v0v

In my everywhereness (ALTS) I interacted with pilots within my corporation and alliance (those referenced) and most of them had alts in those militia. Never spoke with anyone or knew anyone who had an alt in Gallente militia from those alliances but I'm sure there are; not as much as Amarr, Caldari and Minmatar.

As far as comments to the contrary. The height of Caldari factional warfare in recent time was when I was back in factional warfare pvping with this character. We had as much or more combat pilots as the Gallente side. Our corporations at that time were on par with Gallente corporations. Shadows of the federation, was an exception and MAYBE QCATS and Dark Rising.

The better ones were probably the Poison Ivy's group, the germans (forget their names they lived in Eha), inglourious, and whatever corp pred was in (i forget). Those could match QCATS and Dark Rising without aid. All the other corporations or alliances were strong enough. Generally we had no answer for Shadows of the federation other than to form 3 or more cal mil entities into a fleet. Still, that was only on the larger scale.

Anyway.

Things were as serious as they were at the beginning (2008 - early 2011) of factional warfare; which was MOST likely the greatest HEIGHT of factional warfare and caldari militia.

In the early days there was near full participation by militia members. When this character was in cal mil we still had a large group of players, corporations in militia but never in combat. Things like mining corporations that have been in militia for a year. You tend to know who is in the fight because it was always the same people while in cal mil chat you interacted with dudes you never saw in an engagement or roaming low. That's just the non farming population which is VERY LARGE in cal mill. Cal and Min mil have the largest amount of farmers.

Anyways. Before I took a break 2 months ago or what not I still had characters in the militias. Cal mil has more farmers than actual combat pilots. While the gal have less so. However, I don't know what's going on now. I only have 1 account and 1 character these days and I'm hardly playing but i still chat with friends in both militias.

Oh! No doubt cal can form can form 20 - 30 pilots in one fleet but they'll be flying through multiple gallente home systems. Systems with 10 - 20 pilots in them in all time zone and I can think of 6 systems that are like that. Also most of the entities in Cal mil atm aren't good at all. Old Man Gang is an exception and then there's the rest...

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

Markus Auralias
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2013-10-18 13:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Auralias
Hi yes hello.

Thank you for the warm welcome to FW. I hope you will all be pleased at our daily sacrifices of T1 frigs to the Navy Comet menace. The sacrifices will continue until the Wreck God is satiated.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2013-10-18 14:32:58 UTC
Markus Auralias wrote:
Hi yes hello.

Thank you for the warm welcome to FW. I hope you will all be pleased at our daily sacrifices of T1 frigs to the Navy Comet menace. The sacrifices will continue until the Wreck God is satiated.

The Wreck God's hunger is endless, and can never be sated. We can only make unto Him such sacrifices as we are able, so that he turns His eye from our fragile hulls and fixes His baleful gaze upon the undeserving.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#104 - 2013-10-18 15:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Major Killz wrote:
Never spoke with anyone or knew anyone who had an alt in Gallente militia from those alliances but I'm sure there are; not as much as Amarr, Caldari and Minmatar...
From my experience the only alts in Gallente FW are owned by Gallente FW pilots. It's a sad, lonely life we lead as members of the Gallente Militia. Some day a Null Sec alliance will look beneath the easy "market access" of the Caldari (you know what I mean), the blaster fleet doctrines that get our ships killed in large engagements, and see us for what we really are. Loyal, hard working, dependable, and always there when the chips are down.
Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#105 - 2013-10-18 19:14:15 UTC
Welcome TEST, i hope you enjoy your stay :-)
Markus Auralias
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2013-10-19 01:33:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Auralias
IHub bashes have been exceedingly enjoyable, everyone getting real quiet as we all call our various different handlers. Perhaps some sort of MAD doctrine will arise as someone who want to drop on us will be under threat of being dropped by one of the other interested parties.

Quote:
Implying we are relevant enough for someone to give a ****
inVictu5
No-Mercy
Shadow Ultimatum
#107 - 2013-10-19 03:51:41 UTC
Im not suprised, Black Rise IMO is the most violent region in the game. the best place for small roams, large roams, and solo pvp. Theres plenty of staging systems for both caldari and gals, its easy to navigate, close to jita, and has good null sec routes.
Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#108 - 2013-10-19 05:23:47 UTC
I wish we would get more TESTies in Nis area. All we are seeing is them in stealth bombers trying to get plex in Nis and Noto, then consequently warping away in pods.
Markus Auralias
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2013-10-19 06:15:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Auralias
~Elite PvP~ is the name of the game tonight. After pulling off the ihub bash, we managed to successfully not engage a fleet that was smaller than us. Using a medium plex to protect our as- I mean earn some LP, we managed to hold off the fierce mongol invasion of Gallente through strategic volleys of local spam.

Mumble was elated as we docked up in our pristine ships, the calls of cowards still being shouted at the few Gallente still in system.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#110 - 2013-10-19 12:32:56 UTC
So hows the whole taking Essence thing going froggies?

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2013-10-19 12:48:16 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
So hows the whole taking Essence thing going froggies?

Not so good actually. TEST seems to be sacrificing too many wrecks to JUSTK and they have pulled ahead of QCATS on the killboard for the first time I can recall. Things are not looking good at all.

Mabego Tetrimon
Spiritus Draconis
#112 - 2013-10-19 13:24:56 UTC
i already feel pity for the average Test Member, so much i let a pod go yesterday night i had already scrammed....currently not much of a "fight" with test, its more a guranteed slaughter. And they know it by now, as they start to flee even if clearly in supreme numbers to our fleets. No wonder Goonswarm could take Fountain that easy. Anyway a nice addition of targets and i hope you develop into real enemies over time, Test.

PS: I like smack, but what you bring is........meeeh at best, only number smack, no real good smack, improve on every front please
Markus Auralias
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2013-10-19 16:04:17 UTC
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:
i already feel pity for the average Test Member, so much i let a pod go yesterday night i had already scrammed....

Now you are just instilling poor practices among the ranks. How can we expect line members to learn if they face soft hearted pirates who cannot seal the deal? Our whole Pavlovian training regimen will be brought down around our ears from acts of misguided kindness such as this!
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#114 - 2013-10-19 18:55:23 UTC
Markus Auralias wrote:
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:
i already feel pity for the average Test Member, so much i let a pod go yesterday night i had already scrammed....

Now you are just instilling poor practices among the ranks. How can we expect line members to learn if they face soft hearted pirates who cannot seal the deal? Our whole Pavlovian training regimen will be brought down around our ears from acts of misguided kindness such as this!

JUSTK is considering a "don't goo the TESTies" policy, mainly because we love the idea of making them fly their pods 20+ jumps back to their staging systems.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#115 - 2013-10-19 19:44:40 UTC
AH! The EVE version of the "Walk of Shame".
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#116 - 2013-10-19 22:17:25 UTC
Markus Auralias wrote:
Now you are just instilling poor practices among the ranks. How can we expect line members to learn if they face soft hearted pirates....
We're not pirates, we're privateers!
ZheoTheThird
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#117 - 2013-10-20 02:01:45 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Markus Auralias wrote:
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:

JUSTK is considering a "don't goo the TESTies" policy, mainly because we love the idea of making them fly their pods 20+ jumps back to their staging systems.

One of the first lessons a TEST newbro learns is how to properly self destruct in order to avoid such situations. Oh, and self destruct games on the titan.

Honestly though, step up your game, galmil. You're losing way too many systems to us terrible, terrible TESTies. So many, in fact, that we're advancing towards T2. We must've done something wrong... Oh, and your spam? Even the freaking Russians in Aridia had better local spam. And that was cyrrilik.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#118 - 2013-10-20 02:12:19 UTC
ZheoTheThird wrote:
Veskrashen wrote:
Markus Auralias wrote:
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:

One of the first lessons a TEST newbro learns is how to properly self destruct in order to avoid such situations. Oh, and self destruct games on the titan.

Honestly though, step up your game, galmil. You're losing way too many systems to us terrible, terrible TESTies. So many, in fact, that we're advancing towards T2. We must've done something wrong... Oh, and your spam? Even the freaking Russians in Aridia had better local spam. And that was cyrrilik.

You seem a little upset?

Also, please do hurry with all the structure grinding and other PvE. Im growing impatient waiting for my stacks of faction items and ships to start increasing in value!
ZheoTheThird
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2013-10-20 02:31:35 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
ZheoTheThird wrote:
Veskrashen wrote:
Markus Auralias wrote:
Mabego Tetrimon wrote:

You seem a little upset?

Also, please do hurry with all the structure grinding and other PvE. Im growing impatient waiting for my stacks of faction items and ships to start increasing in value!

Nenna by christmas

Seriously though, you guys can't spam local. I feel like that's the reason you're losing

Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#120 - 2013-10-20 05:08:00 UTC
ZheoTheThird wrote:
Nenna by christmas

Seriously though, you guys can't spam local. I feel like that's the reason you're losing

Here's the thing. We're getting kills by the bucketload, and we haven't lost a single system that means a dang thing to GalMil. Noone deplexed or fought for any of the systems you've taken to date. You want Nennamalia? Come give it a shot. There's nothing at all stopping you from plexing it up right now, actually. Hell, from what I've heard there's even a technetium moon or two there you might want to try to take.

Doubt you will though. See, any corp / alliance that's actually serious about playing in FW, and who plans to go the distance, bases out of a FW system inside the warzone. TEST is based out of Tamo from what I've heard, which is 3 jumps out from any warzone system, and 9 jumps from any major GalMil staging area. Not exactly daring by any means.

Now, if you're here for iskies, then ya'll are actually ready to make bank right now. We're not impressed that you're halfway to tier 2 right now. See, with CalMil holding 42 systems, you could actually be in Tier 3 making 3.5 times as many LP per plex / mission as you are right now, without having to bash another hub. But you're not, which means you don't know how to optimize for the isks you want to make.

So, here's how you do it, since I know you're wondering.

1. Upgrade every system you currently hold in CalMil to 5. That puts you in Tier 3 immediately.
2. Have everyone run 1-2 plexes a day and donate those LP to the nearest / lowest IHUB to maintain all 5s.
3. Run around in a warp speed optimized inty, picking up L4 missions. At Tier 3, they'll pay about 50k LP each.
4. Run them in groups of 3-5 with Nemesis for DPS. If newbros don't have a bomber, no worries. Just have them open the mission plex when the group jumps in system and hang out while the older crew runs the mission.
5. You control enough systems to gather up 14 missions at a time. Gathering them up, running them, and turning them in should take about 4 hours total once you get it down - most of that travel time. The warp speed changes will speed that up a bit.
6. Running a block of L4s should therefore net you about 600-700k LP, for about 150k LP per hour.

Converting the LPs to isk can be tricky given the whole market issue, but having Dreddit logistics guys stock needed stuff at a designated turn-in system would make things easier. Could even do a set up where folks receive items and isk from your logi guys, convert it in the LP store to predetermined items, and give those back to the logi guys to handle the transport and sale on the open market. At a fixed value per LP, people could profit at various points along the chain, and you could avoid crashing the market for longer.

Just a thought.

But hey, you're here to "win" FW. To do that, you basically need to keep us from completing the Ladistier takeover, though that's really a fight between some Russian crews more than anything. Then you need to take Nisuwa, Nennamalia, Hallanen, Eha, and Vlillirier. Those are the major GalMil staging areas that I'm most familiar with. Taking systems next door doesn't really mean much, just gives us a place to find easy fights and offensive plex for more LPs. Since we can maintain Tier 2 all the way down to only holding 21 systems, it'll stay worth it for a good long time. Oh, and because GalMil doesn't have the same farmer density as CalMil (which TEST is definitely contributing to) we actually have just as much fun in Tier 1 as Tier 3 - if not more.

In short, thanks for bringing more sacrifices for the Wreck God, and hope that we've been able to educate you a bit on how to better make isk / LP during your stay. Looking forward to whether TEST plans to actually push for core GalMil systems or just around for the good fights and iskies - either way works for us.