These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#201 - 2013-10-18 14:55:10 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Anslo wrote:
OP, why do you care what they think? Ignore and move on. Nerds gonna nerd...or kill nerds in carebear undeccable Scope with Scope PvP Wing and COLLECT THEIR TEARS TO CREATE ICE CUBES FOR YOUR DRINK WHILST CAREBEARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a nerd calls other nerds nerds.

Dude, you play an MMO about spaceships. Embrace your own nerdyness. Revel in it. Befriend other nerds, and make fun of the smooth-brained masses, clinging to their trends and their silly "swag", and their poorly-enunciated cries of "YOLO".
When their society collapses, and we're the only ones smart enough to rebuild it for them, they will understand.

I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't work through text. Also I'm sorry but, YOLOing Scope frig/dessie fleets have produced some of the most fun I've had in Eve for a very long time (and some of the priciest KMs. You know you're doin' it right when you nab a Dramiel, 500mil isk pod, cane, harbinger, navy vex, 3 dessies, and a slicer with a few **** fit t1 frigs).

Oh, no.... I caught your snark. Tis why I snarked back :p

Never, ever trust a guy who PVPs on behalf of the Scope, a news organization.

It's like being a member of the Army of CNN or the FoxNews Marines!.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#202 - 2013-10-18 14:56:15 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

In Starcraft, if I'm AFK, I get WTFzergrushed.

Counterpoint -> you can be ATK and still get OMGWTFZERG!

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Anslo
Scope Works
#203 - 2013-10-18 14:57:13 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Up yours man, I reimburse ships after I whelp em and we have fun (and get kills).

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#204 - 2013-10-18 14:58:26 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Now THAT's what I call "Action News".

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lady Areola Fappington
#205 - 2013-10-18 15:01:30 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

I know man. Remember a SC2 game a few months ago. I blinked when the match started...game over, man.

The professional players scare me. Go watch some of their training videos, it's intense.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#206 - 2013-10-18 15:07:05 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Then explain it to me , explain to me why afk miners hurt YOUR game?

How do large nullsec entities hurt my game?
How do FW peeps hurt my game?
How to null sec miners/ratters hurt my game?

In a spaceship shooting game i am only allowed to shoot spaceships that i can demonstrate have harmed my gameplay in some way?
damn odd game if that is the case.
i prefer my version whereby i shoot whoever the hell i want taking the consequences of game mechanics and from corp leadership into account before i fire.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#207 - 2013-10-18 15:15:25 UTC
Druthlen wrote:
Wait who wants to get rid of high sec?

nobody it is called a strawman.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Anslo
Scope Works
#208 - 2013-10-18 15:16:18 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Druthlen wrote:
Wait who wants to get rid of high sec?

nobody it is called a strawman.

Weeeeell not entirely true. There's a few people you legitimately want it gone. Luckily there's very few of them.

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#209 - 2013-10-18 15:22:39 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

I know man. Remember a SC2 game a few months ago. I blinked when the match started...game over, man.

The professional players scare me. Go watch some of their training videos, it's intense.

There's a 16-year-old Korean pro named Life who can conjure up 500,000 zerglings before the 5:00 mark. If the 500,000 zerglings don't destroy his opponent, the 500,000 roaches he rallies in by 7:30 to follow up will.

OMGWTFZERG

xxVastorxx
Invisible Operations
Invisible.
#210 - 2013-10-18 15:29:21 UTC
technically everyone in eve is a carebear, some are just better, at admitting it then others Shocked
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#211 - 2013-10-18 15:30:34 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

There's a 16-year-old Korean pro named Life who can conjure up 500,000 zerglings before the 5:00 mark. If the 500,000 zerglings don't destroy his opponent, the 500,000 roaches he rallies in by 7:30 to follow up will.

OMGWTFZERG

Life? More like No Life.

I mean, I used to be pretty good at Zerg back in Brood War, but that's just nuts.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Maaaaowm Ogeko
#212 - 2013-10-18 15:33:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

OMGWTFZERG

Life? More like No Life.

I mean, I used to be pretty good at Zerg back in Brood War, but that's just nuts.

It's pretty crazy. He's dominating old timers right now in the big tournamnents.

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#213 - 2013-10-18 15:42:04 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Whos gonna mine all that ore for the ships to be made so you can keep blowing them up?
Whos gonna pay for all those expansions that you like getting free so much?
Whos gonna buy the plex and sell to you for ISK so you dont have to subscribe?

SO please someone explain to me why we all hate Carebears?

Because they think they matter here. Noone needs risk adverse morons afk mining in high sec to have the things we want. You're insignificant at best and really just short term prey until that fact sinks in and you quit.
Maaaaowm Ogeko
#214 - 2013-10-18 15:46:41 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Whos gonna mine all that ore for the ships to be made so you can keep blowing them up?

Because they think they matter here. Noone needs risk adverse morons afk mining in high sec to have the things we want. You're insignificant at best and really just short term prey until that fact sinks in and you quit.

I really missed you. Please post more.

Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#215 - 2013-10-18 15:55:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Harry Forever
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
What is with the carebear hate?

Countless threads on the issue...
Theres even pvp'ers who dedicate themselves to killing highsec miners...

What is the big deal? Why do some of you go as far as to make crusades against Hisec?

So a person plays a different type of EVE then you? Why does that frustrate you so much? I for one sit in a hangar all day staring at my hyperion , thats EVE to me... literally thats what ive done the last month, thats why I pay $15 a month... Why should that bother you?

Its not like theres a lack of pvp'ers, you guys blow each other up all the time. So why try and push people who just wanna fly around in a ship and blow up rats, or mine the heck out of an asteroid.. or like me just like big ships in general and stare at them?

Let me break this down for you, I've only been here a month and I can already tell this will happen.

If you push into Highsec your gonna lose casual non pvp players to other space games , especially Star Citizen. Sure you can go with the mentality "Haha leave noob" but lets face it , your economy, and CCP's income, largely comes from that sit around and do nothing playerbase.

SO please someone explain to me why we all hate Carebears? Just because you cant touch their privates without getting blown up by concord? Is that what this is really all about?

I dont usually like to get involved in Eve crap, I like my little hyperion in her little station, its probably always gonna sit there and keep being my money sink. But its starting to get annoying that I read all these threads and suicide ganker mottos that have no sort of logical thought about the effect obliterating highsec would have on the game.

YOUR EVE WOULD NOT EXSIST WITHOUT IT, THIS IS WHY CCP KEEPS IT, LUCKILY THEY ARENT AS DUMB AS YOU.

Thats my TL;DR.

they don't hate carebears, they fear them, because they have so much ISK they could crush them every time they want

the true carebears are out there in nullsec, its the safest place, they all are friends and nobody fights, peaseful ratting and mining all day long, I'm the only one who fights those guys, and thats another reason they hate carebears, they don't want that more are going out there and become like me because then the theme park out there would burn and many tears would drop

they pretend to hate the highsec carebears so much because they know they are like them, and they hate themselves, they are carebearing the **** out of nullsec, no PvP happens unless they have a 100 vs. 1 lead, its disgusting... highsecers at least have honorable duels infront of each station

when they think about a highsec carebear they look into a mirror, and they don't like what they see, they don't realize that it is them what they seem to hate, and that highsec people are actually a lot different, ready to crush them whenever they want
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#216 - 2013-10-18 16:06:34 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

My answer to that is Highsec is a staging ground for new players, there needs to be safety till they can learn how to play the game.

Why? EvE isn’t safe, this will just create a false impression of what the game has to offer, thus giving us a net increase in the amount of pointless threads.

Just like this one.

I think you really have forgotten what its like to be a new player? I suggest deleting all your stuff and starting from scratch, and then tell me u arent happy to be safe in highsec running missions and mining

am i a new enough player for you? the safe zones are the starter zones. I have already tried almost every activity in the game (except sov holding and actually living in a wh). It is actually easy as a new player and when i first joined my corp i flew out to the middle of venal in a slasher alone. (actually that flight was the single thing that has freaked me out the most in this game...lol). i did that because that is where they lived.
If anything high sec is too safe and it makes people too risk averse. That is what makes them so sad when they lose a ship that really can be replaced very quickly or when they get scammed (god i am looking forward to the thread you make when u get scammed).
you will enjoy this game more when u see your ships as disposable objects. your pve ships are a success if they make more isk than they cost to buy and fit during their life.
your market trades are a success if u made a profit before the market pvpers destroy your margins.
your manufacturing jobs are a success if you sell them for more than the materials are worth.
your pvp ships are a success if they destroyed more isk than they are worth.
these are the metrics of eve, every activity (except ship spinning) is a form of pvp and if you can't see how then you just haven't thought about it deeply enough.

Anslo
Scope Works
#217 - 2013-10-18 16:06:59 UTC
Minmatar Citizen160812 wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

2edgy4me

Lady Areola Fappington
#218 - 2013-10-18 16:16:53 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:

am i a new enough player for you? the safe zones are the starter zones. I have already tried almost every activity in the game (except sov holding and actually living in a wh). It is actually easy as a new player and when i first joined my corp i flew out to the middle of venal in a slasher alone. (actually that flight was the single thing that has freaked me out the most in this game...lol). i did that because that is where they lived.
If anything high sec is too safe and it makes people too risk averse. That is what makes them so sad when they lose a ship that really can be replaced very quickly or when they get scammed (god i am looking forward to the thread you make when u get scammed).
you will enjoy this game more when u see your ships as disposable objects. your pve ships are a success if they make more isk than they cost to buy and fit during their life.
your market trades are a success if u made a profit before the market pvpers destroy your margins.
your manufacturing jobs are a success if you sell them for more than the materials are worth.
your pvp ships are a success if they destroyed more isk than they are worth.
these are the metrics of eve, every activity (except ship spinning) is a form of pvp and if you can't see how then you just haven't thought about it deeply enough.

What, never had a spinning contest, waiting for an undock call? Ship spin counter PVP right there!

You did miss an important metric though. Your (insert activity) is a success, if you had fun doing it.

In the end, that's the only metric that matters. If you having fun means others become unhappy, so be it. Welcome to EVE.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

John XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#219 - 2013-10-18 16:17:27 UTC
James 315 has taken over management of Highsec. We all voted him in ffs! Until we reach 100% compliance in Highsec expect more space violence. Permits to operate in Highsec cost 10 million isk and are good for 1 year. Send James isk for yourself and your mates and don't forget to update those bios!

This bickering is pointless.

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Lady Areola Fappington
#220 - 2013-10-18 16:23:07 UTC
John XIII wrote:
James 315 has taken over management of Highsec. We all voted him in ffs! Until we reach 100% compliance in Highsec expect more space violence. Permits to operate in Highsec cost 10 million isk and are good for 1 year. Send James isk for yourself and your mates and don't forget to update those bios!

This bickering is pointless.

I must say John, you're looking quite dashing in your welder's goggles.

See kids, a permit makes an ugly man handsome. Permit up today!