These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#161 - 2013-10-18 14:00:13 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ive never once threatened to quit, my playstyle cant be affected unless CCP all of a sudden makes stations destructible ...

well then
just get on with it
loool
what are u goin on abooouuuuuuut
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#162 - 2013-10-18 14:01:00 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ive never once threatened to quit, my playstyle cant be affected unless CCP all of a sudden makes stations destructible ...

well then
just get on with it
loool
what are u goin on abooouuuuuuut

again i fear for EVE's future because you guys will drive away all the new players and stagnate ccp's cash flow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#163 - 2013-10-18 14:01:31 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

so why do you care?

Because I dont want Eve to die.. I like looking at my pretty ship and sticking more stuff on it and learning skills to make it even more awesome

Well dont worry

A few exsanguinated AFK miners wont make it die

Here, have a Snickers

*wipes the blood off the bar onto her tunic*

Sorry, here

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#164 - 2013-10-18 14:02:30 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

Because I dont want Eve to die.. I like looking at my pretty ship and sticking more stuff on it and learning skills to make it even more awesome

Why would EvE Online die? It's going strong, it's the only mmo-rpg that grows every single year.

The more themepark carebears cry, the more this game grows.

The Tears Must Flow

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#165 - 2013-10-18 14:03:33 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

Why would EvE Online die? It's going strong, it's the only mmo-rpg that grows every single year.

Because those carebears are gonna go play a much nicer shinier easier game called SC , that actually lets u shoot people inside stations as well...........................

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#166 - 2013-10-18 14:03:55 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Ok, then I would advise against pulling out the "if the carebears quit, the game will die!" card. It's not only not true, but it also irritates people to no end.

If a few people who were afk, and therefore weren't playing the game in the first place, quit, then we lose nothing. They weren't players before, they aren't players now, and they won't be players if they quit.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#167 - 2013-10-18 14:04:21 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
again i fear for EVE's future because you guys will drive away all the new players and stagnate ccp's cash flow

You don't have to worry about that, it's all covered.
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#168 - 2013-10-18 14:04:37 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Your playstyle is always affected by other players in the sandbox, but you are just a themepark carebear so it's understandable that you can't see this.

My playstyle is sit in a space station and stare at my hyperion, NOTHING can affect that, I derive my isk to fit said ship from Plex .. the only thing that might affect is plex price fluctuations

• sit in a space station and stare at my hyperion
  • NOTHING can affect that
  • I derive my isk to fit said ship from Plex
  • the only thing that might affect is plex price fluctuations

Spock, is that you?

The Tears Must Flow

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#169 - 2013-10-18 14:05:30 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

I think this is the underlying itrrational fear that drives these kinds of "EVE is dying, don't run off the carebears" type posts.

EVE has survived when other games have died horrible MMO deaths. The ONLY time it's seen a really signifigant drop in subs was when CCP tried to "monetze" the game in a stupid way. People have been ganking carebears since before the bears cared lol,. and yet it's still here, stronger than at any point in it's past,alive with others are dead.

Star Wars games, Star trek games, other space games like black prophecy and X Rebirth, games about tanks and monsters and airplanes etc etc, none of these could kill EVE. SC won't be able to either because it won't force players in to the deep end (the FUN end) like EVE does.

Your fears are misplaced.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#170 - 2013-10-18 14:05:58 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Your playstyle is always affected by other players in the sandbox, but you are just a themepark carebear so it's understandable that you can't see this.

My playstyle is sit in a space station and stare at my hyperion, NOTHING can affect that, I derive my isk to fit said ship from Plex .. the only thing that might affect is plex price fluctuations

Spock, is that you?

I assure you, i cannot do the vulcan hand thingy.. its weird my pinkie wont do it

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#171 - 2013-10-18 14:05:59 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

It's not. Please stop inflating your own importance by thinking that because you're too frightened to leave the station, there must be scores of others who are as well.

I'll let you in on a secret: I am a woman, too. I have two accounts. Like many players, I keep one account for (mostly) high sec things, while the other hosts what I consider to be my main character, who is a pvp type who hangs out mostly in low sec. I'm not going to give away more than that, but I want to demonstrate that there are women who play who aren't whiney and scared of their own shadow, and who actually enjoy the game for what it really is. You could, too, if you'd try.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#172 - 2013-10-18 14:08:19 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

It's not. Please stop inflating your own importance by thinking that because you're too frightened to leave the station, there must be scores of others who are as well.

I'll let you in on a secret: I am a woman, too. I have two accounts. Like many players, I keep one account for (mostly) high sec things, while the other hosts what I consider to be my main character, who is a pvp type who hangs out mostly in low sec. I'm not going to give away more than that, but I want to demonstrate that there are women who play who aren't whiney and scared of their own shadow, and who actually enjoy the game for what it really is. You could, too, if you'd try.

Excuse me *****? I sit in my station with my hyperion because thats what I like to do, take your **** elsewhere, ive been more then polite this entire convo and i dont appreciate personal attacks

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#173 - 2013-10-18 14:10:00 UTC
Here are two things that happened

Which do you think made more people try out EvE?

Set your ship to mine while you go and fold laundry

or

A gigantic stellar Alliance being murdered from the inside by one man

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lady Areola Fappington
#174 - 2013-10-18 14:10:26 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:

Female gamer, checking in. Not all of us are silly risk averse never undock pseudo-industrialists!

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#175 - 2013-10-18 14:10:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaju Enki
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

Because those carebears are gonna go play a much nicer shinier easier game called SC , that actually lets u shoot people inside stations as well...........................

Again, why would a player leave a sandbox mmo-rpg to play a arcade shoter? And even if some of them leave EvE Online, it's just the normal cycle of sandbox mmo-rpg's, it's a niche game, not for everyone, that's why we like it, that's why we play it.

The reality is this, EvE Online is going strong, the game is in its best shape ever.

The Tears Must Flow

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#176 - 2013-10-18 14:11:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugalbandak
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

i would love to spin some ship with you , too bad the door is still closed

A lot of anger btw towards station ship spinning me sad panda.

i once got to 57 spins

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#177 - 2013-10-18 14:13:07 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

Excuse me *****? I sit in my station with my hyperion because thats what I like to do, take your **** elsewhere, ive been more then polite this entire convo and i dont appreciate personal attacks

I struck a nerve.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#178 - 2013-10-18 14:13:26 UTC
The EvE way of things:

This is getting annoying.
You're making yourself a target.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#179 - 2013-10-18 14:14:58 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Spock, is that you?

I assure you, i cannot do the vulcan hand thingy.. its weird my pinkie wont do it

In a way it bring up a point I've been talking about.

Before Star Trek online came out, people were swearing up and down , left and right that it would hurt EVE. It has walking in stations/on planets, no non-consensual pvp and in the beginning, no real death penalty.

In short it was everything the EVEbears (i've coined a new term!) said they wanted. And they went and tried it.

Too boring. Back to EVE and the excitement of mining afk they came. They'll do it again with SC.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#180 - 2013-10-18 14:15:17 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:

I struck a nerve.

Critical hit, left torso

Also;

oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Logic failure at Line 300