These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Open Letter to James 315 and the New Order of Highsec and those tired of thier actions

First post
Author
Velicitia
XS Tech
#61 - 2013-10-18 13:38:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Remiel Pollard wrote:

On that note, I can't remember who had it, but I remember seeing a sig once on a respected GD regular that stated that if you cannot defend what you have, it was never yours to begin with.

I believe that is Tippia.

edit - yup

Tippia's Sig wrote:

“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

stoicfaux
#62 - 2013-10-18 13:44:18 UTC
A miner gets griefed for mining (i.e. bumped) and then gets griefed when they try to fight back (jumped by an alliance.)

What message are we sending here?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#63 - 2013-10-18 13:51:04 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
A miner gets griefed for mining (i.e. bumped) and then gets griefed when they try to fight back (jumped by an alliance.)

Mine while at the keyboard?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#64 - 2013-10-18 13:56:24 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

On that note, I can't remember who had it, but I remember seeing a sig once on a respected GD regular that stated that if you cannot defend what you have, it was never yours to begin with.

edit - yup
Tippia's Sig wrote:

“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”
Originally from here.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-10-18 14:09:37 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:

edit - yup
Tippia's Sig wrote:

Originally from here.

That guy deserves a medal, and so do you for holding onto that since 2009.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#66 - 2013-10-18 14:12:24 UTC
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Tears™

You don't like a game, don't play it. Its a simple as that. This is a sandbox where anything can happen and you should have done the research before putting real life time and money into a sub. Playing Eve is a privileged, not a right. Just because you don't agree with another players playstyle doesn't mean that (so long as it is within game rules) you are allowed to defame, call out, or personally attack them on the forums or any other means of communication.

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Aiyana Bayushi
Miners in Pink
#67 - 2013-10-18 14:38:40 UTC
Alduin666 Shikkoken wrote:
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Tears™

You don't like a game, don't play it. Its a simple as that. This is a sandbox where anything can happen and you should have done the research before putting real life time and money into a sub. Playing Eve is a privileged, not a right. Just because you don't agree with another players playstyle doesn't mean that (so long as it is within game rules) you are allowed to defame, call out, or personally attack them on the forums or any other means of communication.

Tears lol , please learn to read people , I am looking forward to the fight problem is I can 't find any damn targets lol.

Forum insults are like being on a blob KM , its a pointless way to get people to laugh at you not with you.

I did not know they had been forum trolling or I'd would have not bothered posting and for the record I war decced the alliance after they joined the fight hows that crying lol. Have not seen a single war target yet Roll

Plan on keeping the corp war dec but keeping the alliance one is pointless since they are not coming out to play and have allied with the corp. Either way I'll rack up kills as soon as someone shows up to kill.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2013-10-18 15:04:12 UTC
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Have not seen a single war target yet Roll

Have you tried logging on?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Trii Seo
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2013-10-18 15:09:58 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

Pay up, buddy or next time it's not your window that goes.

Proud pilot of the Imperium

Arek'Jaalan: Heliograph

Lady Areola Fappington
#70 - 2013-10-18 15:16:48 UTC
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Tears™

Tears lol , please learn to read people , I am looking forward to the fight problem is I can 't find any damn targets lol.

Forum insults are like being on a blob KM , its a pointless way to get people to laugh at you not with you.

I did not know they had been forum trolling or I'd would have not bothered posting and for the record I war decced the alliance after they joined the fight hows that crying lol. Have not seen a single war target yet Roll

Plan on keeping the corp war dec but keeping the alliance one is pointless since they are not coming out to play and have allied with the corp. Either way I'll rack up kills as soon as someone shows up to kill.

Hi there war target, how's it hangin?

Just a protip, so you don't waste time...the vast majority of New Order Logistics are gankers. We're outlaw status, so we can't undock for honorable space ~gudfites~.

Here's hoping the rest of CODE. can generate some awesome and fun content for you, though! Lots of us gank alts are getting our normal PVP chars in position to ally in. Been awhile since we've had a good ol' fashioned throw-down war.

Best of luck to ya!

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#71 - 2013-10-18 15:20:16 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

Find some friends

Learn to fight

Dont be a target

You wanna get nuts?

LETS GET NUTS

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2013-10-18 15:30:27 UTC
I need to pee :/
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2013-10-18 15:32:18 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

Only in Happy Funtime Rainbow Unicorn Land is a wardec corp accepting allies "griefing".

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#74 - 2013-10-18 15:35:07 UTC
I dont think the miners would leave to SC , if i see the dev. of that game afk would be real suicide , eve is actully a soft game for afking .

Imagen going afk in war thunder , of with gta5 online to name a few.

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back

Velicitia
XS Tech
#75 - 2013-10-18 15:36:05 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

CCP says that "bumping" is not griefing. Doesn't matter what you, I, James, or any other player think about it.

Getting jumped by an alliance is a completely possible outcome of a wardec ... since when was "having friends" (or "being bait") considered griefing?

I believe the message is twofold:

1. Don't AFK EVE
2. Get friends

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#76 - 2013-10-18 16:36:00 UTC
You don't say.What?

Blue

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-10-18 16:49:23 UTC
I hope OP wasn't counting on Frost Fuels Logistics to heed the clarion call to rebel action against the New Order. CEO Krall Vir wardec'd our intrepid bumper's corp, then dropped corp himself.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#78 - 2013-10-18 17:13:36 UTC
Confirming "Open Letters" are Flavor of the Week.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Takari
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#79 - 2013-10-18 17:25:35 UTC
Every time someone snaps and fights back, or starts teaching people how not to get bumped or ganked, it only proves that the New Order was right all along.

This is exactly the lesson they were trying to teach you, and you fell for it and became pawns in their game.

The only way to defeat those New Order folks is to relentlessly and aggressively mine ore AFK in highsec, and then again and again until they learn that they can't stop you.

Proving them right only makes them laugh harder.

"Roll the dice, don't think twice. This is the way of things. Welcome to EVE." ~ CCP Falcon

"Good luck, shoot straight and don't back down." - Serendipity Lost

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#80 - 2013-10-18 17:37:24 UTC
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Aiyana Bayushi wrote:
Tears™

I can 't find any damn targets lol.

I don't think that's going to be a problem after today. I consulted the magic 8-ball and it sees lots of avatar photo shoots and ship spinning in your future.