These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#141 - 2013-10-18 13:41:26 UTC
F2P and eve are incompatible, stop using that argument. It makes you look worse than you already look.
Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#142 - 2013-10-18 13:42:12 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
and for all the newfags joining the convo, its well established im a chick , stop calling me he.

I'll stop calling you "he" when you stop calling people "fags". Deal?

Oh and in my part of the world, it's "hon" as in short for "honey".

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#143 - 2013-10-18 13:42:13 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
The reason why the OP doesn't understand?

I think he does understand. What he doesn't do is ACCEPT. There are many like him.

I for one hate it when a person makes a post suggesting they are open to learning when they whole time they are set in their beliefs lol. It's basically lying.

Read my first post again, I have no intention of agreeing with or being open to your side. It says it all at the bottom.

Close-mindedness confirmed.
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#144 - 2013-10-18 13:42:47 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

That's an "if" Star Citizen comes out. X Rebirth, on the other hand, has been out for less than a month but EVE is still limping along, not quite dead yet. I mean, X Rebirth is precisely the game that carebear miners are demanding, and yet EVE is still here, and I killed a miner yesterday, so they're still here too.

Will say personally I did not like the look of X rebirth and have no intention of getting it.

As to star Citizen it just hit $23,000,000, their goal to be fully funded. The game still has over a year to release and the funding will continue.

In all honesty they will probably get more than a million this weekend. So no I think SC will be good and they update people on the progress every week via Wingman (a video blog) and then every month in the Jump Point magazine.

:3 im gonna do the $500 donation the second im not a broke ***** with only $1300 to my name... neeeeeed job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2013-10-18 13:43:40 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
and for all the newfags joining the convo, its well established im a chick , stop calling me he.

its the same as "bittervet" , just from a different forum, old habbits die hard

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#146 - 2013-10-18 13:45:02 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
[
YOu wont be saying that when CCP goes the way of every other MMO creator.. F2P

Hon, CCP has a listing up for an Executive Producer for EVE on their corporate jobs site. Among the desired requirements is not experience with F2P or with downsizing to a lesser market but with expanding and keeping EVE geared towards being a "product as service". That's not an F2P model. Moreover, every whiney dissatisfied noob on any MMO I've ever set foot in always cries that _x_ company is going to go F2P/go out of business/whatever if that company doesn't do exactly what whiney dissatisfied noob wants.

And generally whiney dissatisfied noobs don't know what they're talking about, especially ones that do nothing but sit in their hangars staring at unused Hyperions.

Its "hun" and I was refering to the fact if Eve loses its new playerbase to SC, CCP will have to do something to draw in new players, the most often played tactic, F2P model.

And even suggesting that shows complete ignorance of the history of EVE.

There have been plenty of games that, by your logic, should have stolen the new playerbase. And yet, EVE is here, and it's bigger than it ever was when those games came out.

Further, as I mentioned, the new playerbase are inherently flash in the pan players anyway, so as far as taking them into account in a business model is done, they can be safely ignored. EVE isn't a gas station, where we cater to people just passing through. It's built on the backs of loyal players, the same you widely deride, and the same who will still be playing the game no matter how many times the carebears threaten to quit if they don't exactly what they want for the umpteenth time.

They've already nerfed ganking more than anything in the history of the game barring the Drake. And that's saying something.

No more. You do not get another inch.

You will actually have to learn to defend yourselves now. The horror...

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#147 - 2013-10-18 13:45:49 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Well know that you can get permabanned for using it.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2013-10-18 13:47:07 UTC
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Well know that you can get permabanned for using it.

Point taken

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#149 - 2013-10-18 13:47:24 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
[
YOu wont be saying that when CCP goes the way of every other MMO creator.. F2P

Hon, CCP has a listing up for an Executive Producer for EVE on their corporate jobs site. Among the desired requirements is not experience with F2P or with downsizing to a lesser market but with expanding and keeping EVE geared towards being a "product as service". That's not an F2P model. Moreover, every whiney dissatisfied noob on any MMO I've ever set foot in always cries that _x_ company is going to go F2P/go out of business/whatever if that company doesn't do exactly what whiney dissatisfied noob wants.

And generally whiney dissatisfied noobs don't know what they're talking about, especially ones that do nothing but sit in their hangars staring at unused Hyperions.

Its "hun" and I was refering to the fact if Eve loses its new playerbase to SC, CCP will have to do something to draw in new players, the most often played tactic, F2P model.

Why would a sandbox mmo-rpg game like EvE Online lose players to a space themed arcade shooter like SC?

It's just like saying Sim City loses players to Street Fighter.

The Tears Must Flow

Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#150 - 2013-10-18 13:47:31 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Read my first post again, I have no intention of agreeing with or being open to your side. It says it all at the bottom.

Now we see your true colours.

Regardless of logic, reason or proof, you are right and we are wrong?

That’s that then, no point in continuing this shell of a discussion.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Lady Areola Fappington
#151 - 2013-10-18 13:48:13 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

They've already nerfed ganking more than anything in the history of the game barring the Drake. And that's saying something.

Poor, poor DRAEK.

Suicide ganking, at least it's not as bad as a Drake!

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#152 - 2013-10-18 13:49:21 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:
The reason why the OP doesn't understand?

I think he does understand. What he doesn't do is ACCEPT. There are many like him.

I for one hate it when a person makes a post suggesting they are open to learning when they whole time they are set in their beliefs lol. It's basically lying.

It doesn't matter what you agree or not in EvE Online, this game is a sandbox mmo-rpg game.

The Tears Must Flow

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2013-10-18 13:51:54 UTC
Pretty sure i edited all the "Old****" , if i missed one let me know

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#154 - 2013-10-18 13:52:00 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
[

Further, as I mentioned, the new playerbase are inherently flash in the pan players anyway, so as far as taking them into account in a business model is done, they can be safely ignored. EVE isn't a gas station, where we cater to people just passing through. It's built on the backs of loyal players, the same you widely deride, and the same who will still be playing the game no matter how many times the carebears threaten to quit if they don't exactly what they want for the umpteenth time.

This is the unvarnished truth, and yet people like the OP always ignore it. it's irritating to me because the entire time I've been in EVE some game was coming to kill it, especially any game with the words "Star" and "Wars" or "trek" in it lol.

They don't understand that the things they think they hate (PVPrs, losing stuff, danger) are actually the things that keep everyone playing. That's why they go to those other games (and all of those games restrict the things that make eve great, just like SC's "pvp slider" will) and then quietly slink back to EVE.

How these people can be so incredibly short sighted is beyond me.

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2013-10-18 13:54:54 UTC
Ive never once threatened to quit, my playstyle cant be affected unless CCP all of a sudden makes stations destructible ...

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#156 - 2013-10-18 13:56:29 UTC
It's all about that bogus EPEEN, douchebag attitude that so many otherwise "normal" individuals succumb to when they get behind the anonymous safety of a keyboard.

Would they act like douchebags in front of their real life friends and family? Not likely.

At work in the company of their fellow "professionals" ? Rarely, if at all.

Amongst a crowd of total strangers. Anything is possible, but still, it's RL, so not so much.

Point being, ALL of those situations have CONSEQUENCES of one kind or another. Like getting the crap kicked out of you.

Here on the good ol' internet, however -- it's DOUCHEBAGS ANONYMOUS.

And I speak from a position of authority, because somedays I ARE ONE. Yar. Pirate

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#157 - 2013-10-18 13:57:09 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ive never once threatened to quit, my playstyle cant be affected unless CCP all of a sudden makes stations destructible ...

so why do you care?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#158 - 2013-10-18 13:57:17 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Your playstyle is always affected by other players in the sandbox, but you are just a themepark carebear so it's understandable that you can't see this.

The Tears Must Flow

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#159 - 2013-10-18 13:59:07 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Your playstyle is always affected by other players in the sandbox, but you are just a themepark carebear so it's understandable that you can't see this.

My playstyle is sit in a space station and stare at my hyperion, NOTHING can affect that, I derive my isk to fit said ship from Plex .. the only thing that might affect is plex price fluctuations

oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#160 - 2013-10-18 13:59:39 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

so why do you care?

Because I dont want Eve to die.. I like looking at my pretty ship and sticking more stuff on it and learning skills to make it even more awesome