These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RMT Is Now Legal

First post
Author
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#21 - 2013-10-18 13:40:19 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

No it people who have an understanding how it works unlike yourself :)

the amount of shill I've seen from you is simply mind-boggling.
DarkDecay
Real money traders
#22 - 2013-10-18 13:41:58 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
Sometimes people just feel like being idiots...

My future wardec list just keep growing.

There are more to dec!

Rare ships for 'raffle'
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=287581&find=unread

Plex for 'raffle'
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=287597&find=unread
Prince Kobol
#23 - 2013-10-18 13:42:11 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

Lol.. in otherwords you have zero argument and can only try and fail to insult me :)

How about you try and put forward a constructive argument..
Calisto Thellere
#24 - 2013-10-18 13:43:30 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
If a single person would sell the GTC AND give out the ISK then it would be plain old RMT and thus against the rules.

If you want to show RMT is legal then provide evidence that Markee Dragon and SOMER are in this sceme together with the explicit goal of RMTing.

So if my brother sells the GTC and I give out the isk, then according to you that would not be RMT even if I got a cut of the cash profits as well.

Is Somer receiving Cash for GTC sales and giving out isk? There is only one answer and that is yes.

But apparently it is ok if you call it credits before you convert it to isk, therefore Somer is not RMTing and neither is anyone else.

Exactly its credit.

You can not withdrawal this isk, you have to use it on a blink first of which there is no 100% guarantee that you will win it.

Nor is the character lottery 100% guaranteed.

1st guy get 3000 tickets.
2nd guy gets 1 ticket.

Draw is made, who do you think will win statistically?
Prince Kobol
#25 - 2013-10-18 13:45:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Calisto Thellere wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
If a single person would sell the GTC AND give out the ISK then it would be plain old RMT and thus against the rules.

If you want to show RMT is legal then provide evidence that Markee Dragon and SOMER are in this sceme together with the explicit goal of RMTing.

So if my brother sells the GTC and I give out the isk, then according to you that would not be RMT even if I got a cut of the cash profits as well.

Is Somer receiving Cash for GTC sales and giving out isk? There is only one answer and that is yes.

But apparently it is ok if you call it credits before you convert it to isk, therefore Somer is not RMTing and neither is anyone else.

Exactly its credit.

You can not withdrawal this isk, you have to use it on a blink first of which there is no 100% guarantee that you will win it.

2nd guy gets 1 ticket.

Unfortunately you are not allowed to raffle characters

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369&find=unread

17. Lottery style sales are not permitted. Auctions and buyouts are the appropriate method for selling a character.

So your argument is irrelevant.
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#26 - 2013-10-18 13:45:52 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

Lol.. in otherwords you have zero argument and can only try and fail to insult me :)

your own willful ignorance and myopic views have done more to insult you than any of us ever will.

*drops mic*
Prince Kobol
#27 - 2013-10-18 13:46:56 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

your own willful ignorance and myopic views have done more to insult you than any of us ever will.

*drops mic*

Still no argument and more butthurt, please continue Big smile
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#28 - 2013-10-18 13:48:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Prince Kobol wrote:

17. Lottery style sales are not permitted. Auctions and buyouts are the appropriate method for selling a character.

he didn't raffle the character. he raffled tickets for an opportunity to bid on the character. the character sale is technically open to everyone in the same manner that Somer's lottos are.

i find it hilarious that you can justify it for Somer but condemn others for the exact same thing. i wonder why you're playing the hypocrite... is there perhaps a conflict of interest we aren't aware of? Twisted
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#29 - 2013-10-18 13:48:48 UTC
Thomas Hurt wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
[quote=Thomas Hurt]And not a moment too soon, I say! Finally all of us low-SP newcomers to the game can compete on a level playing field with all the mega-SP goonswarm knuckleheads and trolls.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3749022#post3749022

That's completely idiotic. If you're going to post crap like this at least understand the sceme SOMER uses.

With SOMER and Markee Dragon neither of them handle both the money and the ISK. Markee gets the money, SOMER gives out the ISK. Markee gives Somer a small percentage of the GTC sale for their trouble.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Frying Doom
#30 - 2013-10-18 13:49:49 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

Exactly its credit.

Strangely there is a thing called probability. If I enter a sufficient amount of Blinks purchasing 50% of the tickets I will win 50% of the time.

So if I buy 50 GTC and get given my 10 billion blink credits and buy 50% of the tickets in plex lotteries I will win 50% of the time.
Now in every lottery there are more isk than the item is worth, I can't remember the amount but it is about 20% loss to the customers.

So now to get these plex I just ask for pay out and recieve about 8 billion isk in plexes

Or I ask for in game isk and Somer takes even more for that so out of my 10 Billion credits I get what 6.5 Billion isk in game?

Explaining it the long way sounds more like money laundering than RMT to be honest, Somer has taken their cut to clean the isk of its RMT stench.

Either way around I put in cash and get out isk that did not come from an in game plex sale.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Calisto Thellere
#31 - 2013-10-18 13:50:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Calisto Thellere
Prince Kobol wrote:
Calisto Thellere wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:

Exactly its credit.

2nd guy gets 1 ticket.

He hasnt raffled the character.

He raffled the opportunity to make a bid on that char in the char bizarre.

If that char is won by the guy that had 3000 tickets with a buyout offer of 1isk, so be it, the sale price and winner is for the seller to determine.

Try again Blink alt?
Frying Doom
#32 - 2013-10-18 13:51:07 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:

The character is not up for a lottery, the right to bid 1 isk for it is.Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Prince Kobol
#33 - 2013-10-18 13:54:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

he didn't raffle the character. he raffled tickets for an opportunity to bid on the character. the character sale is technically open to everyone in the same manner that Somer's lottos are.

i find it hilarious that you can justify it for Somer but condemn others for the exact same thing. i wonder why you're playing the hypocrite... is there perhaps a conflict of interest we aren't aware of? Twisted

The problem is how the sales of the GTC's were handled.

GTC's can only be purchased via a authorised seller.

So either way he did it wrong and if CCP do not ban him then all hell is going to break lose as they are saying that you can now openly trade GTC's for RL money which is something Somer does not do.

Unless of course DNS Corp is now a authorised seller of GTC's.
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#34 - 2013-10-18 13:54:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Frying Doom wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

he already knows Roll he's just being willfully obtuse. look at his post history in threads about Somegate, they're pretty much all the same.
DarkDecay
Real money traders
#35 - 2013-10-18 13:56:03 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Calisto Thellere wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:

Exactly its credit.

2nd guy gets 1 ticket.

You need to think like a rmt dodger.

The character is not auctioned or sold but is given away. The sell part is the over priced gtc.

This avoiding rules by breaking the rmt process into multiple smaller yet legal steps is what must change.
Prince Kobol
#36 - 2013-10-18 13:56:21 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

he already knows Roll he's just being willfully obtuse. look at his post history in threads about Somegate, they're pretty much all the same.

Yep, they are all pointing out that you are making stuff up as you go along Blink
Frying Doom
#37 - 2013-10-18 14:03:04 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

The problem is how the sales of the GTC's were handled.

GTC's can only be purchased via a authorised seller.

So either way he did it wrong and if CCP do not ban him then all hell is going to break lose as they are saying that you can now openly trade GTC's for RL money which is something Somer does not do.

Unless of course DNS Corp is now a authorised seller of GTC's.

Actually you might want to check with the wholesale sites about that as they are happy to give anyone the ability to buy from them and resell, there is no such thing as an authorized reseller according to the wholesalers.

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2013-10-18 14:08:17 UTC
Plug in Baby wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
Thomas Hurt wrote:
And not a moment too soon, I say! Finally all of us low-SP newcomers to the game can compete on a level playing field with all the mega-SP goonswarm knuckleheads and trolls.

That's completely idiotic. If you're going to post crap like this at least understand the sceme SOMER uses.

With SOMER and Markee Dragon neither of them handle both the money and the ISK. Markee gets the money, SOMER gives out the ISK. Markee gives Somer a small percentage of the GTC sale for their trouble.

Erm isn't doing it through 2 unrelated parties even more like RMT? Think of the transaction between Markee Dragon and SOMER for a minute. Markee is just giving SOMER $.

Anyway if CCP does impose a rule that you need use 2 different names/websites to do it it isn't really a big issue surely?

The key element is that you have to prove the two parties aren't related. If there is any sort of mutual interest to be proven then my guess is that it would be illegal. But this isn't the case (yet) for SOMER and Markee Dragon. As it stands Markee is using an affiliate system to boost his sales, which is legal. SOMER is using that affiliate system to fund their servers, which is legal and done on wide scale in the EVE community. SOMER then decides to give people credit for using their affiliate link.

If you want to break it down, here is what happens:

1. Player buys GTC from Markee Dragon for $$$. Legal Transaction.
2. Markee Dragon gives SOMER a % in $$$ for forwarding a customer. Legal Transaction.
3. SOMER gives the player credit to use on their site. Legal Transaction (if this was illegal at the moment CCP would not have endorsed them, simple as that).
4. Player can then win ISK to cash out. Legal Transaction.

The reason this setup is legal and a one person setup is not is because SOMER is not receiving money from the player in return for ISK or even credit. In turn Markee Dragon is not giving out ISK in return for selling a GTC.

If you were to do this on your own you would be the one receiving the money AND giving out the ISK in return (directly or indirectly). That's the major issue here.

In my opinion the whole credit thing is a secondary issue that needs to be looked at. Should a website be allowed to reward its visitors for using their affiliate link? Google is a nice example here. Google (CCP) receives money to show ads (provide game time). Google(CCP) then allows website owners to get a cut of the profit for showing the ads they sold (selling GTC's). However Google very strictly prohibits website owners to encourage users to click on the ads or reward users for doing so. Maybe the same system should be applied here. You're free to make a buck or two by using affiliate links, but you shouldn't be allowed to reward people for using it.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Frying Doom
#39 - 2013-10-18 14:09:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Prince Kobol, Frankly you are now just making things up

Now personally I had no ill will towards Somer other than what it was doing giving bonus isk was wrong.

But frankly the more I read about you defense of the undefendable the more pissed towards Somer I am getting.

Frying Doom
#40 - 2013-10-18 14:15:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
TigerXtrm wrote:
Plug in Baby wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
Thomas Hurt wrote:
And not a moment too soon, I say! Finally all of us low-SP newcomers to the game can compete on a level playing field with all the mega-SP goonswarm knuckleheads and trolls.

Erm isn't doing it through 2 unrelated parties even more like RMT? Think of the transaction between Markee Dragon and SOMER for a minute. Markee is just giving SOMER $.

Anyway if CCP does impose a rule that you need use 2 different names/websites to do it it isn't really a big issue surely?

The key element is that you have to prove the two parties aren't related. If there is any sort of mutual interest to be proven then my guess is that it would be illegal. But this isn't the case (yet) for SOMER and Markee Dragon. As it stands Markee is using an affiliate system to boost his sales, which is legal. SOMER is using that affiliate system to fund their servers, which is legal and done on wide scale in the EVE community. SOMER then decides to give people credit for using their affiliate link.

If you want to break it down, here is what happens:

1. Player buys GTC from Markee Dragon for $$$. Legal Transaction.
2. Markee Dragon gives SOMER a % in $$$ for forwarding a customer. Legal Transaction.
3. SOMER gives the player credit to use on their site. Legal Transaction (if this was illegal at the moment CCP would not have endorsed them, simple as that).
4. Player can then win ISK to cash out. Legal Transaction.

The reason this setup is legal and a one person setup is not is because SOMER is not receiving money from the player in return for ISK or even credit. In turn Markee Dragon is not giving out ISK in return for selling a GTC.

If you were to do this on your own you would be the one receiving the money AND giving out the ISK in return (directly or indirectly). That's the major issue here.

In my opinion the whole credit thing is a secondary issue that needs to be looked at. Should a website be allowed to reward its visitors for using their affiliate link? Google is a nice example here. Google (CCP) receives money to show ads (provide game time). Google(CCP) then allows website owners to get a cut of the profit for showing the ads they sold (selling GTC's). However Google very strictly prohibits website owners to encourage users to click on the ads or reward users for doing so. Maybe the same system should be applied here. You're free to make a buck or two by using affiliate links, but you shouldn't be allowed to reward people for using it.

The credit thing is a major issue not a minor one and as to two parties handling the GTC transaction, well they are not if you look at it from the perspective that Somer receives cash from the sale of that GTC, it is the same as if Somer bought them in bulk and sold them, they are making RL cash and though a system handing out isk.

As I said the someone else handles the cash makes as much sense as my brother selling the GTC and me giving out the isk, if I am receiving a portion of that sale I am still receiving cash in exchange for isk.

But I did like this sentiment "You're free to make a buck or two by using affiliate links, but you shouldn't be allowed to reward people for using it."