These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I for the life of me dont understand.

Author
Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#61 - 2013-10-18 12:47:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mythrandier
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Please describe in detail how to avoid a multi alpha suicide gank? Im pretty sure Burn Jita proved that some things are unavoidable (ignoring obviously the warning they gave in advance)

1) Do not operate in areas where suicide ganks happen. Dontlan can be great asset in finding quiet out of the way systems with plenty of belts.

2) Pay attention to local at all times, I find it best to drag local to its own window and I have using the full height of the screen. When someone new appears in your system ( you should notice, as you are mining in a quiet system right?) check their info and sec status

3) If ANYONE with a criminal flag appears in local, dock up or jump to a safe till you can figure out what they are up to

4) Sit aligned to the station or your (off plane) safe spot

5) DO NOT ever mine from within about 15-20 of the belt warp in point, move above the roids

If you follow these simple rules the chances of getting caught are almost nill. I’ve been a miner on my other account since 2005. The ebil gankers still haven popped me yet.

Oh, and your “Burn Jita” being “Unavoidable” makes no sense, are you saying you were somehow forced to go to Jita while this event was running?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#62 - 2013-10-18 12:47:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I edited it , oldfag is a term for old player

We use the term bittervet.

Did you not think that its because, this is EvE? This game is meant to be radically different from other MMO's. Here you choices have consequences. If you want to go out and mine, in an exhumer with no tank fitted, then that is your choice. When you get ganked you have nobody to blame but yourself.

The hate, stems from the fact that people do this, they mine afk in a ship worth 250mil+ and then they come to the forums and complain when it goes bang. They honestly think that the gankers are in the wrong! The game gives you the tools to avoid it, if you choose not to use those tools then you have nobody but yourself to blame. But these whiney little bastards do it anyway.

To me this is like a small weedy man, going up to someone like Mike Tyson and calling him as many names as possible then acting surprised when he breaks their jaw. Its beyond belief.

Just for the record, I mine. A lot. I make BC hulls on my alt in order to feed my PVP habit. I have never once been ganked, sure I’ve had people try. But I’ve never lost a barge to a player because I pay attention, I use the tools CCP gave me to keep my boats alive.

Please describe in detail how to avoid a multi alpha suicide gank? Im pretty sure Burn Jita proved that some things are unavoidable (ignoring obviously the warning they gave in advance)

well that's the risk. lol. you cost it into your overall profit and loss.
eg: every week you make 100 million on mineral sales, and you get ganked once in a 20 mill ship. profit for that week = 100-20 = 80 million. As long as you are net profitable, you are winning.
(made up numbers because i have no idea about mining)

assuming it happens to you.. once? not to mention fits.. mining laser upgrades? and its usually not the ISK value thats of concern, its the ragequit factor im concerned about

well then...can't help you.
eve is an economic simulator with space crap thrown on top. everything is risk/reward, cost/benefit, profit/loss.
if you open a shop, you will get shoplifting. if you open a "mining business" in eve, you will get ganked (sooner or later).
if it makes you rage, maybe the game's just not for you.
What?
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2013-10-18 12:47:39 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

(Sigh) You fail to see I actually like this game and am trying to point out that before SC it didnt have a competitor for people to rage quit and go to.

If you think no one will.. If you think CCP isn't at all worried about it... I think you may be naive

Why would any game as complex as EvE do BETTER as a play environment with people who don't WANT to play or think their way out of problems?

This is a game

It requires players, not more NPCs

Im sorry but do you mine? I had to use a treadmill to keep my interest in mining... let me repeat.. i EXERCISED .. just to keep myself interested in mining..

I do not blame miners for afking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSDNPFCPfY

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#64 - 2013-10-18 12:48:02 UTC
I love how all the miners think that they actually make the prices for minerals, theyre all in the hands of market players and old gun miners from the drone regions.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Maaaaowm Ogeko
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#65 - 2013-10-18 12:48:36 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Maaaaowm Ogeko wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Please describe in detail how to avoid a multi alpha suicide gank?

Play Farmville. Seriously, that's your answer.

Your non answer is the answer btw... there is no safety from a multi alpha suicide gank... no amount of tank will prevent it

OMG! You are so SMRT. Now I know why you had to make this thread.

(Apologies to everyone. I am in a bad mood and I have no patience for people like the OP just now.)

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#66 - 2013-10-18 12:49:23 UTC
[quote=oOReikaOo Michiko

Im sorry but do you mine? I had to use a treadmill to keep my interest in mining... let me repeat.. i EXERCISED .. just to keep myself interested in mining..

I do not blame miners for afking[/quote]

My High-Sec alts do yes

And I have NEVER gone AFK while in space unless I had to because of a RL emergency

And then I would accept the consquences of that action

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lady Areola Fappington
#67 - 2013-10-18 12:49:27 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Sounds like mining isn't the activity for you.

Might I suggest suicide ganking? I know a group who can get you going....

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#68 - 2013-10-18 12:50:39 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

You appear to be confused as to the difference between a carebear industrialist (yay)

and an AFK Bot-Aspirant scumbag (BBBEEEWWWWWWW)

Again, this has NO bearing on your game , in fact it supports your playstyle by making YOUR ships... leave ur PVP vendettas where they belong, low/null sec

HTFU

/thread

Tho to comment I do mostly industiralist stuff as thats what I want to acomplish by helping people. I may seem carebear since I haven't PVPed. Been blown up a couple times pissing off the wrong people but nonetheless I'm not going to ***** when someone comes and attacks my PVE ship..
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-10-18 12:51:02 UTC
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Oh, and your “Burn Jita” being “Unavoidable” makes no sense, are you saying you were somehow forced to go to Jita while this event was running?

My point was that get enough suicide gankers together, no ship is safe from a high sec suicide gank... even a freighter

Job Valador
Professional Amateurs
#70 - 2013-10-18 12:51:38 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

I edited it , oldfag is a term for old player

We use the term bittervet.

Did you not think that its because, this is EvE? This game is meant to be radically different from other MMO's. Here you choices have consequences. If you want to go out and mine, in an exhumer with no tank fitted, then that is your choice. When you get ganked you have nobody to blame but yourself.

The hate, stems from the fact that people do this, they mine afk in a ship worth 250mil+ and then they come to the forums and complain when it goes bang. They honestly think that the gankers are in the wrong! The game gives you the tools to avoid it, if you choose not to use those tools then you have nobody but yourself to blame. But these whiney little bastards do it anyway.

To me this is like a small weedy man, going up to someone like Mike Tyson and calling him as many names as possible then acting surprised when he breaks their jaw. Its beyond belief.

Just for the record, I mine. A lot. I make BC hulls on my alt in order to feed my PVP habit. I have never once been ganked, sure I’ve had people try. But I’ve never lost a barge to a player because I pay attention, I use the tools CCP gave me to keep my boats alive.

well that's the risk. lol. you cost it into your overall profit and loss.
eg: every week you make 100 million on mineral sales, and you get ganked once in a 20 mill ship. profit for that week = 100-20 = 80 million. As long as you are net profitable, you are winning.
(made up numbers because i have no idea about mining)

assuming it happens to you.. once? not to mention fits.. mining laser upgrades? and its usually not the ISK value thats of concern, its the ragequit factor im concerned about

If they dont know how to lose space pixels with dignity then we dont need them. All though i did bash my head several times into my desk when i lost a fully fit sansha large tower set up guns and all do to being a prick to my hole neighbors. Oops

"The stone exhibited a profound lack of movement."

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#71 - 2013-10-18 12:52:54 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
[quote=oOReikaOo Michiko

My High-Sec alts do yes

And I have NEVER gone AFK while in space unless I had to because of a RL emergency

And then I would accept the consquences of that action[/quote]

How dare you have a sense of personal responsibility? Get out of EVE naow!
Mythrandier
Solace Corp
#72 - 2013-10-18 12:53:00 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Mythrandier wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

My point was that get enough suicide gankers together, no ship is safe from a high sec suicide gank... even a freighter

So, you just ignored the rest of my post on how to avoid them, ignored the fact that you can easily just stay away from hotspots and are now arguing that "its just a numbers game"

Ok, logic has no effect on you, I'm done here.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -  D. Adams.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#73 - 2013-10-18 12:54:55 UTC
For me, I did not start out wanting to "destroy highsec".

I just wanted to play the game. The game involves killing people. But the moment you engage in this aspect of the game, all the rabbits come out of the freaking walls to tell you how bad you are, how awful a person you must be, and how everyone should shame-shun you for making the choice to shoot at someone else.

Meanwhile, in lowsec, you have this group of people who, astonishingly, will actually tell you about how to fit your ship after they blow you up. They actually take the time to tell a newbie player how to better himself and improve his game.

The disparity between the two levels of discourse is what turned me. On one hand, I have well reasoned, mature players, and on the other hand I have a group reminiscent of a ring of children in a schoolyard, yelling at the ginger in the middle.

Besides, you can only be told so many times that you are an evil player, before you say "eff it!" and become one. If I'm gonna "do the time", as it were, then I might as well do the crime.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#74 - 2013-10-18 12:55:20 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Why should they be safe?
oOReikaOo Michiko
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#75 - 2013-10-18 12:55:34 UTC
Sec , mother birthday call :3

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#76 - 2013-10-18 12:56:54 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:

Sounds like mining isn't the activity for you.

Might I suggest suicide ganking? I know a group who can get you going....

LOL

To the OP, no one is against miners. They are against the whiney, entitled , "I should be left alone to make money in a pvp game" idiots who deserve in-game space death.

I remember one guy raging on these forums after getting ganked about how he came home from work and relaxed by afk mining and watching a movie.

You don't find this type of person in any other video game. I don't recall seeing a Call of Duty player say "man, I was just trying to watch a movie and play CoD when this dude rammed a grenade up me bum and I exploded all over the place, I demand Developers fix this by giving me bum more EHP"......
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2013-10-18 12:57:46 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Assuming this is the case, reverse it then, where would the PVP'er sell to if there were no highsec miners?

To traders, low-/null-sec ratters/mission runners/incursion runners etc. of course.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#78 - 2013-10-18 12:59:27 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
For me, I did not start out wanting to "destroy highsec".

I just wanted to play the game. The game involves killing people. But the moment you engage in this aspect of the game, all the rabbits come out of the freaking walls to tell you how bad you are, how awful a person you must be, and how everyone should shame-shun you for making the choice to shoot at someone else.

Meanwhile, in lowsec, you have this group of people who, astonishingly, will actually tell you about how to fit your ship after they blow you up. They actually take the time to tell a newbie player how to better himself and improve his game.

The disparity between the two levels of discourse is what turned me. On one hand, I have well reasoned, mature players, and on the other hand I have a group reminiscent of a ring of children in a schoolyard, yelling at the ginger in the middle.

Besides, you can only be told so many times that you are an evil player, before you say "eff it!" and become one. If I'm gonna "do the time", as it were, then I might as well do the crime.

You just described the majority of null/low and WH space dwellers as opposed to some of the "people" who call high sec home. It's something about the coddling, safe, themepark nature of EVE's high sec that attracts certain types of crazy.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#79 - 2013-10-18 13:00:37 UTC
oOReikaOo Michiko wrote:
Sec , mother birthday call :3

Make sure you dock up first

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Lugalbandak
Lego3
#80 - 2013-10-18 13:00:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugalbandak
Guys , maybe your not with OP , but we have to give him credits for answering questions, +1

edit: sorry she , didnt know

The police horse is the only animal in the world that haz his male genitals on his back