These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AU-79 Implant

First post First post
Author
Lady Naween
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2013-10-18 05:39:59 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
From what I heard... it will be just like every other implant and calculated on the killboards (after enough people put it up on the market and enough "sell data" has been gathered).

So for a short while it will be considered "worthless" as far as the market is concerned (despite what the "buy orders" say).

I will personally plug it in without hesitation (because I want my corpmates to hate me more than they already do).

Not plugging it in or plugging it in. The ONLY reason I see for not plugging mine in, is so I can have the implant sitting in my stash of rare items. But.. golden pod is so lovely Amarrian how can I not..
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-10-18 06:19:32 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

I'm not really a killboard humper or a "pro points" junkie...

Liar.
Question is, though, if you're lying to yourself or us.
Ariel Dawn
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-10-18 09:32:48 UTC
Some of EVE's best PvPers have pretty "bad" killboard efficiency (50-60%) while tons of fleetmonkies have 95%+. Just stop caring about trivial numbers.

Sell me the implant and you can pod me a bunch of times to increase your %age!
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#24 - 2013-10-18 09:37:24 UTC
In some way. It would actually be a blessing to have the implant ******* up your killboard. Then noone would be able to get anything useful out of the efficiency and it would eventually become as useless as my likecount.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-10-18 11:51:09 UTC
Electrique Wizard
Mutually Lucrative Business Proposals
#26 - 2013-10-18 11:54:47 UTC
totally worth it
who cares about kb efficiency when your pod is made out of gold

I am the Zodiac, I am the stars, You are the sorceress, my priestess of Mars, Queen of the night, swathed in satin black, Your ivory flesh upon my torture rack.

Raze Zindonas
TYR.
Exodus.
#27 - 2013-10-18 13:57:49 UTC
so did the codes go out already?
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-10-18 13:59:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
Ariel Dawn wrote:
Some of EVE's best PvPers have pretty "bad" killboard efficiency (50-60%) while tons of fleetmonkies have 95%+. Just stop caring about trivial numbers.

Sell me the implant and you can pod me a bunch of times to increase your %age!

The only flaw in that plan is that I swore an oath against podding.

I'm not all-solos though. But 75% of my kill history has less than 10 people on the mail. Even when I was with Gentleman's Club and Atlas, I tended to shy away from the huge fleet engagements.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#29 - 2013-10-18 14:02:13 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
I am requesting official "Word of God" confirmation by a CCP employee on the question we all have in mind.

Lol get in line.

ISK destroyed is not a CCP metric, its a killboard metric. They'll probably just set it to zero isk.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-10-18 14:02:42 UTC
... waits for the mass bannings as people step forward to help and unwittingly violate that TOS ultimatum... Ugh

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2013-10-18 14:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Dolan
I have an answer for you guys, Horray!

So the deal is that right now they will show up on your lossmail with price "unknown" but I asked around the office, and we think that something that isn't actually destroyed shouldn't show up as destroyed. So, we'll be making it so that they dont show up on lossmails at all very soon. Don't worry though, your pod will still show up in all it's golden goodness on all mails regardless of the implants presence on the mail, to show off just what a fancy flier you really are.

(Buy CCP Masterplan a beer when you get a chance, for this change)

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-10-18 14:06:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jarod Garamonde
CCP Dolan wrote:
I have an answer for you guys, Horray!

So the deal is that right now they will show up on your lossmail with price "unknown" but I asked around the office, and we think that something that isn't actually destroyed shouldn't show up as destroyed. So, we'll be making it so that they dont show up on lossmails at all very soon. Don't worry though, your pod will still show up in all it's golden goodness on all mails regardless of the implants presence on the mail, to show off just what a fancy flier you really are.

(Buy CCP Masterplan a beer when you get a chance, for this change)

Thanks, Dolan.
Plugging my AU-79 in, next time I log on.

Tell your colleagues that nearly everyone who bought the CE is very satisfied with what we received. :)

(And seeing as how I plan on being at Fanfest, this time around, I may get the chance to do that.)

[#savethelance]
J3ssica Alba
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-10-18 14:23:52 UTC
Question about jump clones .. can you plug it into more than 1 JC or can you plug it into only one of them? Also what happens if you self destruct your pod or get podded? does the implant appear back in a station?
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.  Without me, my signature is useless. Without my signature, I am useless
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#34 - 2013-10-18 14:33:13 UTC
I just wish that every time a golden pod is shot, there would be a voice saying "Fifty points to [insert corporation here]" in a true quidditch style.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-10-18 14:34:41 UTC
J3ssica Alba wrote:
Question about jump clones .. can you plug it into more than 1 JC or can you plug it into only one of them? Also what happens if you self destruct your pod or get podded? does the implant appear back in a station?

The implant stays in your head even after jumping or podding. The only way to get rid of it is to manually unplug it.
CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#36 - 2013-10-18 14:36:23 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
J3ssica Alba wrote:

The implant stays in your head even after jumping or podding. The only way to get rid of it is to manually unplug it.

Warning- unplugging your implant works like unplugging any other implant.

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2013-10-18 14:36:24 UTC
Anna Karhunen wrote:
I just wish that every time a golden pod is shot, there would be a voice saying "Fifty points to [insert corporation here]" in a true quidditch style.

Since Aura won't say it, I'll just have to type it in local, every time someone pods me :p

[#savethelance]
Argus Sorn
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#38 - 2013-10-18 14:37:55 UTC
Never fly a pod you can't afford to lose.
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-10-18 14:38:57 UTC
Argus Sorn wrote:
Never fly a pod you can't afford to lose.

That was kinda the whole purpose of this thread. To make sure I can afford it before making a permanent commitment :p

[#savethelance]
Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#40 - 2013-10-18 15:37:51 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Anna Karhunen wrote:

Since Aura won't say it, I'll just have to type it in local, every time someone pods me :p

You'd have to get someone to do that on your behalf if you get zapped back to a starter system.

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.