These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question: how many icelanders play eve

Author
River Huren
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-10-17 16:24:43 UTC
after going to this years fanfest and not meeting a single native icelander, who also played eve, i ask myself are there any out there.

PS (not counting devs of course
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#2 - 2013-10-17 17:09:49 UTC
Icelanders don't play Eve. Its generally a bad idea for dealers to use their own product.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

destiny2
Decaying Rocky Odious Non Evil Stupid Inane Nobody
Rogue Drone Recovery Syndicate
#3 - 2013-10-17 17:17:16 UTC
i met a few at fanfest, but for icelandic eve players, when they wanna hang with ccp they bring coffee and pastries Shocked
voetius
Grundrisse
#4 - 2013-10-17 17:24:01 UTC

It shouldn't be surprising if there were zero Icelanders playing and I'm sure some do, because they are CCP.

If there are 6 billion people that could play and we assume that only 1 billion could afford to play, and we know that Eve had 400k subscribers (including Serenity) that is a very small percentage of the worlds population.

Now the whole of Iceland has the same population as a small town in UK or US, so you wouldn't except anyone in Iceland to play except for the visibility derived from CCP being based there and being a major employer.
Donbe Scurred
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-10-17 17:56:44 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Icelanders don't play Eve. Its generally a bad idea for dealers to use their own product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJM8yJTn_I0
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#6 - 2013-10-17 18:58:54 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

This ^^

I'm afraid you will have to change your name though....

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

stoicfaux
#7 - 2013-10-17 19:03:27 UTC
And of those who do play, what percentage are cousins?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#8 - 2013-10-17 19:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
River Huren wrote:
after going to this years fanfest and not meeting a single native icelander, who also played eve, i ask myself are there any out there.

PS (not counting devs of course

Why would they bother to pay to go to FF when they all live within 5 a minute dogsled trip to the CCP office that they can drop by for free any time of the year?

Or maybe because as a culture, Icelanders don't feel comfortable around fat sweaty nerds vOv

Mr Epeen Cool
samualvimes
Brothers At Arms
#9 - 2013-10-17 19:39:19 UTC
I actually spent some time with an icelander from my old corp. He also had a friend.

Icelandic people are all really cool.

And the women are hot

If you've never tried PvP in EvE it's quite possible you've missed out on one of the greatest rushes available in modern gaming.