These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

YES YOU CAN HAVE MY STUFF / DNSBLACK LOOKING FOR GTC SELLER

First post First post First post
Author
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#101 - 2013-10-17 14:01:32 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Prince Kobol wrote:

By converting isk to $ you have just committed RMT..

At no point does Somerblink which thread is aimed at, covert RL Money to Isk or isk to RL Money

They give blink credits in turn for you using their referral scheme.


That's the genius part of the entire thing. Neither of the two parties in this setup directly handle both the ISK AND the real money and thus there is no RMT to speak of.

If you would attempt to do this thing on your own IE; you both sell the GTC's AND run the lottery THEN it would be RMT.


Are you saying that SOMER do not receive a referral fee for those GTCs?

They may not get the full amount paid by the GTC purchaser but they definitely get paid so they are handling both the ISK AND the real money and thus there is RMT. The fact there is a fake currency in between that works as the cash > ISK exchange is immaterial.
Embarased for You
Oooooo Burn
#102 - 2013-10-17 14:05:42 UTC
Cameron Freerunner
Long Jump.
#103 - 2013-10-17 14:13:55 UTC
So they moved the thread? This is why CCP should hire a professional communicator. Moving it here pretends there's a real raffle while ignoring the underlying point. When CCP does crap like this, it just comes off as a snarky, jackass move.
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#104 - 2013-10-17 15:18:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Two step
Black, you can set yourself up as a Markee Dragon affiliate yourself. He says you get about 5%, which works out to about $1 US per 30 day GTC. So your raffle would net you $1,000. You would probably be better off selling your character the regular way, and taking all the ISK and starting a terrible, dumb "gambling" site. You could tell people you pay out 80% of the time, like Somer does, and end up getting $1 per 80 mil ISK.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#105 - 2013-10-17 15:57:21 UTC  |  Edited by: DNSBLACK
Two Step better yet

1. I just sold a GTC to a guy for $2500.00 I gave him 2500 black credits.

2. I just sold another guy a GTC for $17.00 and gave him 2 black credits

3. Both of these guys used the black credits and bought tickets to my charcter raffle.

4. I all ready held the drawing and the winner will be announced soon.

5. I will be starting the legal transfer on the charcter form today.

6. Thank you CCP I made $ 2502 dollars enjoy your 30.00 dollars.

7. I did this with no website.
Cameron Freerunner
Long Jump.
#106 - 2013-10-17 16:41:51 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Two Step better yet

1. I just sold a GTC to a guy for $2500.00 I gave him 2500 black credits.

2. I just sold another guy a GTC for $17.00 and gave him 2 black credits

3. Both of these guys used the black credits and bought tickets to my charcter raffle.

4. I all ready held the drawing and the winner will be announced soon.

5. I will be starting the legal transfer on the charcter form today.

6. Thank you CCP I made $ 2502 dollars enjoy your 30.00 dollars.

7. I did this with no website.

Did you warn the new buyer that no one will engage him when he's in an Arazu?
DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#107 - 2013-10-17 16:51:24 UTC
1. Net gain $2475.00.

2. Would like to thank all of you for posting and helping me sell my GTC and black credits. The bumps and advertising was awesome.

3. Please watch the character Bazaar for the final transfer according to all the rules.
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#108 - 2013-10-17 20:54:31 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
Two Step better yet

1. I just sold a GTC to a guy for $2500.00 I gave him 2500 black credits.

2. I just sold another guy a GTC for $17.00 and gave him 2 black credits

3. Both of these guys used the black credits and bought tickets to my charcter raffle.

4. I all ready held the drawing and the winner will be announced soon.

5. I will be starting the legal transfer on the charcter form today.

6. Thank you CCP I made $ 2502 dollars enjoy your 30.00 dollars.

7. I did this with no website.

Wait.

Are you kidding me?

Did this really just happen? ...or am I being trolled?

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Frying Doom
#109 - 2013-10-17 21:16:20 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
1. Net gain $2475.00.

2. Would like to thank all of you for posting and helping me sell my GTC and black credits. The bumps and advertising was awesome.

3. Please watch the character Bazaar for the final transfer according to all the rules.

Awesome

I think this section is about to get very full Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

DarkDecay
Real money traders
#110 - 2013-10-17 21:40:29 UTC
DNSBLACK wrote:
1. Net gain $2475.00.


Is this RMT? Almost certainly.

Is it funny as ****? You are god damn right it is...

Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#111 - 2013-10-17 21:42:10 UTC
DarkDecay wrote:

Is this RMT? Almost certainly.

Apparently it's actually more of a grey area.
Frying Doom
#112 - 2013-10-17 21:44:02 UTC
DarkDecay wrote:
DNSBLACK wrote:
1. Net gain $2475.00.


Is this RMT? Almost certainly.

Is it funny as ****? You are god damn right it is...


No apparently by using black credits it is perfectly legal.

I will admit I like the fact there is someone out there who is willing to pay real cash for well known characters, I wonder what Frying doom is worth?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

DarkDecay
Real money traders
#113 - 2013-10-17 21:45:16 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
... I wonder what Frying doom is worth?


I think quite a lot of people are wondering what their characters are worth at the moment. P
Gogela
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#114 - 2013-10-17 21:46:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Frying Doom wrote:

No apparently by using black credits it is perfectly legal.

I will admit I like the fact there is someone out there who is willing to pay real cash for well known characters, I wonder what Frying doom is worth?

Don't know. Pretty sure the zillion hours I've invested in Gogela isn't worth his $20 market value. Lol
DarkDecay wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
... I wonder what Frying doom is worth?


I think quite a lot of people are wondering what their characters are worth at the moment. P

Might be an interesting experiment to watch what happens to character value in the character bazaar forum area. You could create a pod pilot confidence index based on the market reaction I think.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

DarkDecay
Real money traders
#115 - 2013-10-17 22:08:11 UTC
Still laughing at how funny this is.
Bob FromMarketing
Space Marketing Department
#116 - 2013-10-18 00:01:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Bob FromMarketing
I like this.

I'd like to see what CCP does, as technically the Black Credit only allows the winner to negotiate the sale of the character which will be sold for 1isk and with the seller paying the transfer fee, no rules are broken.

Good Fights allround

*to clarify* I like the subversion, not the RMT
Joey Zasa
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2013-10-18 01:11:12 UTC
Please understand DNS is going thru a change of command, in the coming days, a new CEO will be elected per our bylaws. The new position will be called "LORD MARSHALL". I would like it to be known that Zasaco and its affiliates were not involved that this is not a Coup, we are looking for a smooth transition and hope our ex- leader the best in his search for a new corp or game.


Joey Zasa- Capo of Finance and logistics


PS- we are booting Hu Immediately....
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2013-10-18 02:25:15 UTC
Joey Zasa wrote:
PS- we are booting Hu Immediately....

Well, at least one good thing is coming out of this sh*tstorm... Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Frying Doom
#119 - 2013-10-18 03:06:30 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Joey Zasa wrote:
PS- we are booting Hu Immediately....

Well, at least one good thing is coming out of this sh*tstorm... Twisted

Who is Hu?

Did you let some prat like Frying Doom into Dirt Nap Squad?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2013-10-18 03:30:23 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Did you let some prat like Frying Doom into Dirt Nap Squad?

Frying Doom is far too respectable to be allowed in DNS.

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery