These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[NEWS] Pirate Corp 'The United' Leaves Long-Time Home Rancer

Author
CommanderWorf
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-10-15 23:45:19 UTC
Martirous wrote:
CommanderWorf wrote:
but seriously - can someone make sure Katie is alive in RL?

Wanted poster did say DEAD or alive.

there are still laws, and the unprovoked agression will not be stood for or tolerated, we cannot sit idly by and tolerate such aggressions less we appease a monster.
Iskra Z
Tellurium Fighters
#22 - 2013-10-16 03:12:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Iskra Z
The problem here is much deeper than The United leaving Rancer. And it's called multiboxing.

If someone can run , let's say, 20 accounts at the same time, flying identical ships with an incredible alpha, this person will be able to do almost everything without any risks or consequences. It's like playing Eve in "safe" mode.

And the sad thing is that CCP approves (or at least prentent to no see) this. Not fair game, and any dumbass with enough money to run 20 accounts will turn invulnerable and also overpowered.

This is something like: "I have money, CCP loves money and go to hell who don't like this"

CCP has two weights and two measures for several things, unfortunately. It's all about money, sadly.
CommanderWorf
Doomheim
#23 - 2013-10-16 03:18:25 UTC
Iskra Z wrote:
The problem here is much deeper than The United leaving Rancer. And it's called multiboxing.

If someone can run , let's say, 20 accounts at the same time, flying identical ships with an incredible alpha, this person will be able to do almost everything without any risks or consequences. It's like playing Eve in "safe" mode.

And the sad thing is that CCP approves (or at least prentent to no see) this. Not fair game, and any dumbass with enough money to run 20 accounts will turn invulnerable and also overpowered.

This is something like: "I have money, CCP loves money and go to hell who don't like this"

CCP has two weights and two measures for the several things, unfortunately. It's all about money, sadly.

united *had* near 100 members, not being able to put together 20 man fleet to counter a 20 man fleet IS the problem.

Obvious alt is obvious
Zeus Maximo
Mentally Assured Destruction
The Pursuit of Happiness
#24 - 2013-10-16 04:54:04 UTC
I always thought the world would be in trouble if I had a twin. Just think if I had twentiiooopulets!!!

"It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus."

U-MAD Membership Recruitment

PoH Corporation Recruitment

NaK'Lin
Seamen Force
#25 - 2013-10-16 06:12:25 UTC  |  Edited by: NaK'Lin
CommanderWorf wrote:
Iskra Z wrote:
*snipped rage of apparent alt*

united *had* near 100 members, not being able to put together 20 man fleet to counter a 20 man fleet IS the problem.

Obvious alt is obvious

Screw this. Had a long post but... meh.
EvEmail me or convo me.

CommanderWorf - We never knew each other; so long.
Strider - You make me laugh. Thanks.
DB - You did it. Gratz. Now enjoy the spoils, push AFKD's **** in if he comes back and you still feel like it. I'm rather sure you'll find people "over here" won't mind. Leave it there; really.

--NaK
ry ry
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2013-10-16 10:13:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ry ry
Iskra Z wrote:

And the sad thing is that CCP approves (or at least prentent to no see) this. Not fair game, and any dumbass with enough money to run 20 accounts will turn invulnerable and also overpowered..

We jumped into and slow-motion warped a plated BC gang past that rancer isboxer guy the other day without losing anything to the ~20 tornados.

Apparently, the overviews don't seem to sync exactly and he couldn't focus his alpha - effectively making it slightly worse than having 19 other dudes with you.

ps. The United can rent Tama off us, contact me in-game to discuss terms.
Grunanca
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-10-16 12:41:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Grunanca
Iskra Z wrote:

CCP has two weights and two measures for several things, unfortunately. It's all about money, sadly.

Last time Legion of alts came by our home system in his 20 tornadoes, we undocked in 5 frigates, which kept him locked up in our home system for hours, all while we laughed our rear ends off as he had no way to counter our 5 frigs other than going back home in pods or wait till we logged. Sol you cant really say it cant be countered. Had we caught a tornado or 2, they would have gone down in a fire from said frigates and the accounts wouldnt be syncronized anymore.

With that said, I find it amazing and kinda impressive that he runs 20 accounts just to set up a gatecamp.

Also, I think he has been blue to united, but that might have changed?
Azriel Pazzuzu
Safety Set To Red
Train Wreck.
#28 - 2013-10-16 12:51:25 UTC
Lol this thread. Now back to watching vines. Shocked
Zeus Maximo
The Pursuit of Happiness
#29 - 2013-10-16 13:12:07 UTC
I'd suggest for the legion of alts guy to check out a destroyer set up for actual pvp.

Died under 30 seconds

That guy also killed a 100mn with rail cormorants.

Pretty nasty :)

Strider Hiryu
Insane Shadow Boxers
#30 - 2013-10-16 16:47:17 UTC
"actual pvp"

i love this :)
Zeus Maximo
The Pursuit of Happiness
#31 - 2013-10-16 22:03:14 UTC
My grammar being critiqued now? Don't take "actual" out of context.... Was only there because of my writing style :)

CommanderWorf
Doomheim
#32 - 2013-10-16 22:45:00 UTC  |  Edited by: CommanderWorf
NaK'Lin wrote:
push AFKD's **** in if he comes back and you still feel like it. I'm rather sure you'll find people "over here" won't mind. K

that won't make you not terrible.
ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#33 - 2013-10-17 11:03:45 UTC
This is the problem with 'old skool' pirates, all they know is how to gank. Wait at safe spot - pounce - gank thats it, absolutley no pvp skill needed and when someone comes along and actually ganks them back they simply do not have the skills or knowledge to form a proper fleet to combat said intruders, pathetic really. thats why KB stats mean sweet fa in my book.
Its a little ridiculous if its true that its one guy multiboxing (oh and dont blame isboxer, good on him that one guys as the ability to fight back, plus hes playing for all those accounts) tbh its funny as hell if hes doing that and forcing an whole alliance out of their home. try forming ships that can combat said intruder, honestly its not that hard, falcons are pro you know! 5 falcons can perma jam 20 ships! think about it..!
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-10-17 11:11:47 UTC
This is the only true "feared" entity in Eve.
I pity the people who live in the system they pick next.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Iskra Z
Tellurium Fighters
#35 - 2013-10-18 18:50:32 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
try forming ships that can combat said intruder, honestly its not that hard, falcons are pro you know! 5 falcons can perma jam 20 ships! think about it..!

This is a bit noobish... Let's talk about jamming the ships. What do you think he will do when 5 falcons starts to lock and jam him ? Stay there and wait ? This is not 0.0 where interdictors are allowed. What's your next suggestion ? To bring a bunch of Lachs to scramble him ?

I see two scenarios if someone try to jam him... 1) He will warp out as soon as he sees the jammers/dampners 2) Someone will light up a cyno and help him.

Multiboxing is lame.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-10-19 21:11:00 UTC
Hell !

I'm fitting my frigate for maximum tank to get to rancer safely ...
... i arrive in rancer and ...

What the F*** O_O

Now i read THIS ???

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

CommanderWorf
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-10-20 20:49:44 UTC  |  Edited by: CommanderWorf
Iskra Z wrote:
ImYourMom wrote:
try forming ships that can combat said intruder, honestly its not that hard, falcons are pro you know! 5 falcons can perma jam 20 ships! think about it..!

This is a bit noobish... Let's talk about jamming the ships. What do you think he will do when 5 falcons starts to lock and jam him ? Stay there and wait ? This is not 0.0 where interdictors are allowed. What's your next suggestion ? To bring a bunch of Lachs to scramble him ?

I see two scenarios if someone try to jam him... 1) He will warp out as soon as he sees the jammers/dampners 2) Someone will light up a cyno and help him.

Multiboxing is lame.

after you're done QQ'ing tell me how that is different from single boxing a fleet of the same
you're obviously extremely bitter.

PS - post with your main.
Marlin Spikes
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-10-20 21:31:11 UTC
Multiboxing or smartbombing....is there a difference? Both are cheap nonskill methods of pvp.....but then again, so are bombs... and I love a good bombing run...lol

Bombers Rule!!!

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-10-21 15:37:11 UTC
My question is how can you reliably root out a corporation who has lived in Rancer for 6 years? For all you know they have thousands of ships in Rancer stations.

Arsicas Dinon
Testicle Holdings
#40 - 2013-10-24 01:25:43 UTC
Private Pineapple wrote:
My question is how can you reliably root out a corporation who has lived in Rancer for 6 years? For all you know they have thousands of ships in Rancer stations.

FRIENDS.

THE THREAT HAS BEEN REMOVED AND IT IS NOW SAFE TO VENTURE BETWEEN JITA / HEK. PLEASE USE THE LOWSEC ROUTE FROM NOW ON.

IF YOU ARE PLEASED WITH THIS SERVICE PLEASE DONATE ANY AMOUNT OF ISK TO "ARSICAS DINON" WHEN YOU PASS THROUGH.

REGARDS,

JEFFRAIDER.

Previous page123Next page