These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Starting new account - cheapest option?

Author
Frillo Teslar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-10-11 09:15:15 UTC
Hello. So I'd like to start a new account with a fresh alt. What is currently the best option to get the best value for my money/ isk?
I noticed that some gaming sites sometimes sell the eve starter pack for $5 (or euro 5), but I could find any site with an offer atm.
Do you know of any site with an eve starter pack sale?

Thanks.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#2 - 2013-10-11 09:24:26 UTC

Somewhat depends on what you feel is the best value. Each offer is best for someone depending on their financial situation or feelings about paying cash versus isk. As far as I know, you can still buddy refer yourself for essentially 51 free days of game time on the new account. Power of 2 is often a good deal for many people where you pay something like half price on the second account for like 6 months. Sales seem so frequent, I wouldn't be too rushed to making a decision unless you have a time constraint like helping Harry take down goons in the next 24 hours.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Chance Harper
Doomheim
#3 - 2013-10-11 09:55:48 UTC
send a 30 day invite to an alt email of yours, create new account and pay some isk to your alt to buy a PLEX. done
Frillo Teslar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-10-11 10:12:37 UTC
Chance Harper wrote:
send a 30 day invite to an alt email of yours, create new account and pay some isk to your alt to buy a PLEX. done

30 day invite? The buddy invite is a 21 day trial.
Maximilian Akora
It's just business.
#5 - 2013-10-11 10:48:58 UTC
Frillo Teslar wrote:
Chance Harper wrote:

- create buddy account
- send 600 mil to newly created alt
- buy plex with new alt and apply it, this makes it a full account with 51 days on the clock
- you receive a free month on your main account so as long as you planned to buy an ingame plex to extend your game time this whole operation is free of charge
Frillo Teslar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-10-11 10:56:57 UTC
Maximilian Akora wrote:
Frillo Teslar wrote:
Chance Harper wrote:

- create buddy account
- send 600 mil to newly created alt
- buy plex with new alt and apply it, this makes it a full account with 51 days on the clock
- you receive a free month on your main account so as long as you planned to buy an ingame plex to extend your game time this whole operation is free of charge

Yes I am aware of this. Was just wondering why he said 30 days. Also I'd prefer to spend $5-10 instead of 600m isk, but that's just me.
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-10-11 11:44:30 UTC
You can subscribe the alt account for cash and get PLEX (or gametime on your main account) in return.
YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#8 - 2013-10-11 17:19:36 UTC
Markee Dragon also has a 30 day (not 21!) free eve trial offer atm.

http://www.markeedragon.com/catalog/EVE_Online_30_Day_Free_Trial_Code.html
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#9 - 2013-10-11 17:37:03 UTC
YesYes NoNoNo wrote:

Of course he does, he's in bed with Somer.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#10 - 2013-10-11 17:48:17 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
YesYes NoNoNo wrote:

Of course he does, he's in bed with Somer.

Good point.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#11 - 2013-10-11 21:19:26 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

Somewhat depends on what you feel is the best value. Each offer is best for someone depending on their financial situation or feelings about paying cash versus isk. As far as I know, you can still buddy refer yourself for essentially 51 free days of game time on the new account. Power of 2 is often a good deal for many people where you pay something like half price on the second account for like 6 months. Sales seem so frequent, I wouldn't be too rushed to making a decision unless you have a time constraint like helping Harry take down goons in the next 24 hours.

When is power of two going to come out again, it's handy.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#12 - 2013-10-11 23:16:37 UTC
There is an offer currently running.

Start a sidekick.
https://secure.eveonline.com/SecondaryAccountSignup/
Frillo Teslar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2013-10-15 11:05:52 UTC
Still haven't gotten around to starting the new account. Any offers I have missed that you know about? Bear
Sheogorath666 Shikkoken
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2013-10-15 11:12:29 UTC
In order for you to get any of the options for a buddy invite, the second account MUST subscribe through CCP only. Any GTCs, steam account startups, or in game PLEX used during the first months sub will forfeit your buddy invite reward.

Trust me I've tried the above, failed, petitioned a GM about it, and ^^^ is the answer they gave me.
Frillo Teslar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-10-15 11:16:24 UTC
Sheogorath666 Shikkoken wrote:
In order for you to get any of the options for a buddy invite, the second account MUST subscribe through CCP only. Any GTCs, steam account startups, or in game PLEX used during the first months sub will forfeit your buddy invite reward.

Trust me I've tried the above, failed, petitioned a GM about it, and ^^^ is the answer they gave me.

Not entirely true.. the starter packs work with the buddy invite