These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[Service] < --- Saeg's Third Party Service --- >

First post
Author
Tigerras
Smash Incorporated
#21 - 2013-10-03 14:06:35 UTC
Saeglotakk wrote:
Thanks to Chribba for checking the post and having some input. I very much appreciate his comments and I understand why he would not wish to have any involvement in another third party service.

As a number of you have mentioned, trust is the key issue and how can anyone believe that I am not a scam artist?

The only way I believe I can become a trusted third party is to actually broker deals. My intention is to look for a handful of sellers who are willing to take a risk on me and in return I would not charge a fee, provided they agree to give a reference. Stating that my intentions here are honest may well be futile but I hope i can reward the trust someone might place in me.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me.

I welcome your comments and feedback.

Kind regards,

Saeg

People think you are a scammer because you play eve, and under the right circumstances, everyone is a scammer (I don't even consider Chribba an exception to this, I think if given the right motivation, he too would scam someone. I doubt that motivation exists in eve currently, and I think he is by far the most trustworthy person in the game, but it is still possible).

Other considerations: Your entire forum posting history is this one thread. Your character, for the sake of this forum, doesn't exist except here where you are trying to convince people to let you hold large amounts of money. Can't really correct this now, but post all your alts too, if you want trust. I find it hard to believe a pilot that has been around since 2009 has never asked one question on a subforum, or sold/wtb something either. Possible, but as I said, doesn't make you trustworthy.

One of your bits of proof is your alliance's entry requirements. So basically, we have to trust your corp's opinions that you are an upstanding citizen. Not likely to fly, especially without any testimonials.

I think this character has a low chance of becoming a trusted 3rd party, so you might want to try again with someone with some forum history. Most 3rd parties get started with their friends and corpies having them do trades for them, and the trust builds from there. Nobody from Yulai has popped up to say "hey, this guy is awesome, he helped me trade a mom, real awesome". In fact, the only way I would user you to facilitate a trade is if I had full collateral from you sitting in my hangar while we did it, and even then, that wouldn't lead to a good recommendation.

Trust is the most valuable commodity in Eve.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-10-04 08:30:25 UTC
Hey Tigerras,

Sorry for the slow reply, I can only reply to the post once per day (as per forum rules)!

I just wanted to come back on some of the points you raised in your previous post.

Firstly, thanks for your constructive criticism, I think it's fair to say nearly everyone who has commented has been constructive in some way.

So regarding my forum history, this is my main character and yes this is my first forum post. I guess having always resided within Provi has meant that I've never needed to use these forums until now, as we have forums (which I am very active on) for our region. As you say, that definitely doesn't look good and I completely understand that.

My alts for reference are Andro Glosoli and Kyro Aesir. I also used to have a character called Unip, which i gave to a friend at the start of 2012 and I believe is no longer subbed (The EVE learning curve got the better of him i think)

I haven't advertised this within my corp/alliance yet, bar with the CEO to check that he would be happy for me to try this. If you would like references, I can provide them. As you have said, references from within my alliance aren't likely to cut it much with the wider EVE community.

One of the things which I am finding difficult is to not come accross as trying too hard, whilst trying to show that I have genuinely good intentions! I am concious that 99% of people here will think I'm trying to start a scam, which makes me concious of all my actions.

Once again, thanks for your input and from your comments I appreciate that there would have been better ways to go about setting this service up. I'll persevere and hopefully start to build a client base with your comments in mind for advertising a service in the future.

Kind regards,

Saeg

Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2013-10-08 14:59:36 UTC
bump
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-10-09 13:54:09 UTC
Back to the top
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2013-10-11 09:07:30 UTC
Bump
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2013-10-14 08:19:01 UTC
To to top
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2013-10-15 13:22:17 UTC
Bump
Kregan Gadhar
Helion Production Labs
Independent Operators Consortium
#28 - 2013-10-15 15:54:59 UTC
I start by saying I have no stake in his success or failure and I am pretty sure that I am red to him. I just preface this before I go into my opinion on this post.

Even Chribba or any "Trusted" third party had to make a start in Eve with some one trusting them to pull off the deal without a scam. Granted, the posting and active in the community does play a part with the name being well known, but The Mittani falls into this same category and I wouldn't trust him to hold onto my Ibis. People have gotten too jaded with all the scams here lately and even the big ones in the past that brought so much light to Eve. Now we are waiting for who is going to get hit next, or in the recruiting process of letting in a spy/corp thief, and so those who want to start an honest business are shunned from the get go as scammers.

I don't know Chribba personally, so I can't say whether he has a price that he would steal or scam someone, but I do believe there are people who take their morals very seriously and that carries over even into a game. I do think there are people who would not under any circumstance actually steal or scam people, but how do you come up with a vetting process? Really you can't unless you know someone who knows this guy.

Kind of sad that we have turned to the point that we are more willing to call him a scammer than actually think he could be running a legit service.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-10-16 08:45:21 UTC
Kregan Gadhar wrote:
Kind of sad that we have turned to the point that we are more willing to call him a scammer than actually think he could be running a legit service.

Thanks Kregan,

I do think it is a sad state of affairs, but to be honest, I genuinely cannot blame any single person who has had their say on this post for the opinion which they have put forward. In EVE online, which is the more likely?

EVE can be hard work, it takes time and effort for people to get the things which they want and they don't want to take unecessary risks. As previous posts suggest, there is little for me to show which can really highlight the fact I'm trustworthy. I've nothing to gain by scamming here except tarnishing an unflawed character, something which I have absolutely no intention of doing.

I'm still hopefull that someone outside my corp/alliance will take a chance on me and then provide me with a positive reference. I'll be as sure as hell to let you guys know if and when that happens!

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has had an input (and not for flaming me to the ground!!!).

Kind regards,

Saeg
Sperion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-10-16 17:22:14 UTC
Great 3rd party service! I think he said I was one of his first out-of-alliance patrons and I couldn't be happier with the service. He facilitated a WH sale with professionalism and speedy service. Ten out of ten, would recommend to all.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-10-16 17:23:32 UTC
Thanks for that Sperion!

Fingers crossed, that's a good start for anyone else who was considering my service.

Cheers,

Saeg

Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-10-17 13:00:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Saeglotakk
First fully independent (not related to my corp or alliance) transfer completed. Looking to help more clients. Offering 0% commision terms, provided you can give feedback of my service on this thread.

Cheers,

Saeg
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-10-18 13:24:18 UTC
Bump :)
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2013-10-18 20:45:52 UTC
Still 0% transfers available in return for feedback on this thread.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-10-19 22:32:23 UTC
Back to the top
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2013-10-20 16:07:45 UTC
Bump - One WH transfer completed, looking to continue to build my rep, 0% commission available.
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-10-21 10:38:34 UTC
Bump
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2013-10-22 12:41:47 UTC
Bump
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-10-24 17:29:00 UTC
Bump - Still looking to continue to build my rep. Ask me for references or check the thread :)
Saeglotakk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-10-26 18:09:18 UTC
Back to the top... Feel free to convo me in game guys :)
Previous page123Next page