These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why I want a Mackinaw BPO

Author
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-10-14 04:05:26 UTC
Invention is fine. I don't mind it that much, really. But there is something that I find I have to do constantly.

It's the math. How many Macks can I build now? What's missing from making more? The most I can find out without doing math is 8 Macks on a BPC. Don't get me wrong, I'm good at math, I can handle it. But I constantly have to either write down a bunch of numbers and do math or input it into a spreadsheet.

Whatever. This is the game I play. I enjoy this game. Despite this little corner of tedium. Smile
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#2 - 2013-10-14 04:28:38 UTC
... build T1?

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#3 - 2013-10-14 05:22:40 UTC

I hate to sound like Doc, but surely there is a better place in the forums to write a blurb about why you want to do something and make it a thread. Maybe reword it something like this:

Dear Diary,

Yesterday I told the forum that I want a Mackinaw BPO. Today I got ganked by one of those guys. I'm confused.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#4 - 2013-10-14 05:24:04 UTC
Macks tend to last longer than Hulks, which is what you should be building if you are into making Exhumers. You'll sell a lot more product, I can assure you.

As for a BPO. I wouldn't turn one down if CCP asked me if I want one, but invention is fine for making them. Invention keeps people occupied with all the busy work you need to do before you even get to the actual invention attempt. In other words, it's a time sink. And good luck trying to get a company to remove (or improve the efficiency of) a time sink in an MMO.

Mr Epeen Cool
Heinky
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2013-10-14 07:23:03 UTC
How about building up a T2 production project,

Get 9 alts, 3 account, 2 posses and make 40k t2 mods a week? Pletny of math to do for the 6b a week profits... run it for half a year and im sure you satified your feeling and can buy a some cheap t2 bpo's by that time.... and when that time is there... contact me and i might sell one out of 5 mack bpos i own LolLol
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#6 - 2013-10-14 07:44:11 UTC
Welcome to spreadsheets in space Smile

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2013-10-14 10:49:06 UTC
^What Cribba said and welcome also to the moment you realise that getting more Mack BPO's in game would make your product worthless. Also, you have the heart to steal all the sheanigans from the ole Jita nerds and alliances having such BPO's? Bad and nerd-disrespectfull person what you are. Lol
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#8 - 2013-10-14 11:25:09 UTC
Smohq Anmirorz wrote:
But I constantly have to either write down a bunch of numbers and do math or input it into a spreadsheet.

Erh, have to admit that this is exactly what I find fun, and why I play EvE Big smile

Including setting up Gantt diagrams for optimized use of slots (and alts).

But the Mackinaw stash from before the patch seems to be a bit to large to get into production of new ones just yet.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#9 - 2013-10-14 11:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
When I did T2 I just kept a minimum inventory of everything, did a count once a week and reordered more stuff from jita if it got too low. No spreadsheets required (for this part, anyway). You shouldn't ever need to have missing items come up if you go to manufacture something.
Smohq Anmirorz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-10-14 20:27:32 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

I hate to sound like Doc, but surely there is a better place in the forums to write a blurb about why you want to do something and make it a thread. Maybe reword it something like this:

Dear Diary,

Yesterday I told the forum that I want a Mackinaw BPO. Today I got ganked by one of those guys. I'm confused.

Well I'd put it in 'Science and Industry' but I'm not really asking any question, I'm just making conversation. I could put it in 'Features and Ideas' but I'm not really asking for any changes. Again, I'm just making conversation, sharing my experience of tedium.

Not to worry, I am enjoying this game. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash ink off my hand; I've been doing more math.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#11 - 2013-10-14 20:53:50 UTC
Enter Mackinaw, voila the math is done for you:
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprints/calc.php