These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: The CCP Mystery Code: Demystified

First post First post
Author
X3M XplaYer
Lepton Analysis Brotherhood
#121 - 2013-10-13 20:50:23 UTC
Can't wait for the pacage to arrive :)

Just had to write, a funny thing, that CCP choose my birthday for the shipping date :D Too bad it won't be actualy traveling at warp speed, as then I would really get it on my B-Day :)
But still... all I read... it will be a present worth waiting for :)
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#122 - 2013-10-13 21:45:38 UTC
Edmark I wrote:
Well, I love it as well, have two accounts, have spent a lot of real cash because I think Eve payoffs.... but cant understand why just a few countries where eligible to order the Pack...

......anyway, there is a horde of players out here and looks like CCP is not providing enough attention to...

Edmark I out, still with some hope of getting the Pack someway.

The EVE store ships to quite a few countries, check it out here

You can also see the list in the 'Region' part of the navbar at the top of the screen
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#123 - 2013-10-13 21:49:26 UTC
X3M XplaYer wrote:
Can't wait for the pacage to arrive :)

Just had to write, a funny thing, that CCP choose my birthday for the shipping date :D Too bad it won't be actualy traveling at warp speed, as then I would really get it on my B-Day :)
But still... all I read... it will be a present worth waiting for :)

I do hope it arrives in time! Big smile
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#124 - 2013-10-13 21:55:24 UTC
Serenity 159080 wrote:
Just when I couldn't believe you would outdo yourself, you release such a gorgeous cybernetic arm. Big smile

Sensitive subject: will the ‘Phanca’ Cybernetic Arm or the AU-79 'Auroral' pod be available publicly at a later point, similar to the sleeve tattoo's, or are they truly exclusive to the SDCE, and will not be released later. Just weighing up how much I want one of them. Big smile

Hi! Smile

Well I guess it depends how you define 'publicly' as if you decide not to use them then you have the option of trading them in the market so other players who don't own the box technically could purchase them there.

But the items included in the box will not be given away generally for free at any point (such as for Holiday gifts and so on)
Edmark I
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#125 - 2013-10-13 21:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Edmark I
CCP Doom wrote:
Edmark I wrote:
Well, I love it as well, have two accounts, have spent a lot of real cash because I think Eve payoffs.... but cant understand why just a few countries where eligible to order the Pack...

......anyway, there is a horde of players out here and looks like CCP is not providing enough attention to...

You can also see the list in the 'Region' part of the navbar at the top of the screen

Doom, thanks but I already checked for Central or South Americas and those arent included. (looking for Brazil specifically).
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#126 - 2013-10-14 09:37:32 UTC
Edmark I wrote:
CCP Doom wrote:
Edmark I wrote:

Doom, thanks but I already checked for Central or South Americas and those arent included. (looking for Brazil specifically).

Ah ok, got it!

The only thing I can suggest is that maybe Amazon US ship to Brazil? Sorry that I can't help you more with this.
lollerwaffle
Perkone
Caldari State
#127 - 2013-10-14 11:31:08 UTC
The only disappointing bit about this devblog was the lack of "IT'S A TEMPLAR, AN AMARR FIGHTER USED BY CARRIERS" on the first page of the comments thread.
Mirajane Cromwell
#128 - 2013-10-14 13:33:21 UTC
Do those cybernetic arms have hidden weapons like in Deus Ex? Hangar bay "pigeon hunt" would be something... Blink
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#129 - 2013-10-14 15:25:15 UTC
Mirajane Cromwell wrote:
Do those cybernetic arms have hidden weapons like in Deus Ex? Hangar bay "pigeon hunt" would be something... Blink

I'm afraid not, the 'phanca' cybernetic arm is more of a decorative piece as the description reveals...

"the F-706.574 'Phanca' Cybernetic Arm, is unique among heavily mechanized capsuleer accoutrements in that rather than focusing primarily on the future, it draws on a dark part of ancient empire history - one that's either completely barbaric or unquestionably devout, depending who you ask.

Its origins lie in an Amarr decree where a member of the oligarchy - who was whimsical, powerful and, it is speculated, quite astoundingly insane during the tail end of her life- demanded that all current and future heirs of a particular royal house have their right hand amputated. They acquiesced, but had the hands replaced with cybernetic models in a silver coating.

The first heir who suffered this fate took great pride in it, and his silver hand is on display in the open court of the Amarr Royal palace. When capsuleers - themselves the unquestionable elite of New Eden - started taking to cybernetic arms, it was only natural that this be one of the first models put into public use."

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#130 - 2013-10-14 16:04:40 UTC
CCP Doom wrote:
Mirajane Cromwell wrote:

I'm afraid not, the 'phanca' cybernetic arm is more of a decorative piece as the description reveals...

"the F-706.574 'Phanca' Cybernetic Arm, is unique among heavily mechanized capsuleer accoutrements in that rather than focusing primarily on the future, it draws on a dark part of ancient empire history - one that's either completely barbaric or unquestionably devout, depending who you ask.

Its origins lie in an Amarr decree where a member of the oligarchy - who was whimsical, powerful and, it is speculated, quite astoundingly insane during the tail end of her life- demanded that all current and future heirs of a particular royal house have their right hand amputated. They acquiesced, but had the hands replaced with cybernetic models in a silver coating.

The first heir who suffered this fate took great pride in it, and his silver hand is on display in the open court of the Amarr Royal palace. When capsuleers - themselves the unquestionable elite of New Eden - started taking to cybernetic arms, it was only natural that this be one of the first models put into public use."

You mean my arm won't transform into a weapon like a Terminator's? I was hoping this would happen because 1) I want to blow the door to the station open and walk around and 2) "engage" Dust Mercs once that happens...also, it would be nice to have some nice defense in case somebody tries to make off with my ship!

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#131 - 2013-10-14 16:33:54 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
CCP Doom wrote:
Mirajane Cromwell wrote:

You mean my arm won't transform into a weapon like a Terminator's? I was hoping this would happen because 1) I want to blow the door to the station open and walk around and 2) "engage" Dust Mercs once that happens...also, it would be nice to have some nice defense in case somebody tries to make off with my ship!

That would be very cool although we don't want be seen to encourage wanton vandalism in stations, those doors don't come cheap you know! Blink
Optimo Sebiestor
The New Eden School of trade
Organization of Skill Extracting Corporations
#132 - 2013-10-14 18:10:27 UTC
I can't wait to get my hands on the recording :D IT WILL BE LOUD AND THE NEIGHBOURS WILL LOVE IT!
Stealthy
New Eden Ninja Mining Consortium
#133 - 2013-10-14 21:41:17 UTC
so IF I pay CCP another $150 I get perpetual goodies and a hearty **** YOU to those of us who paid $14.95 a month for over 10 years and counting.

this kinda of like when you live in an apartment complex for 10 years and your rent went up every year and the new guy moving in gets cheaper rent rate than you do .

thanks but no thanks
Rabbit P
Nuwa Foundation
Fraternity.
#134 - 2013-10-15 04:53:35 UTC
Will the Mystery code give us some DUST items in the future?

I am dreaming about playing with shiny "Mystery suit" and killing some mercenary with "Mystery weapon"
PiratePirate
CCP Doom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#135 - 2013-10-15 11:06:06 UTC
Rabbit P wrote:

I am dreaming about playing with shiny "Mystery suit" and killing some mercenary with "Mystery weapon"
PiratePirate

No news on that front I'm afraid but Mystery Code will have benefits for 'future CCP products', we've already announced the Templar MkII Prototype for Valkyrie after all... so stay tuned! Blink
Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#136 - 2013-10-15 15:39:48 UTC
Rabbit P wrote:

PiratePirate
I have to echo this as well. I'd like to see some DUST rewards come with the Mystery Code, considering that the CE contains perks for all EVE-related franchises.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley
New Eden Tech Support
#137 - 2013-10-15 16:14:41 UTC
Katabrok First wrote:
Ok, I've put this complain here on the forums many times. I live in Brazil, and I'm willing to buy the collector's edition. Hell, I even went to fanfest this year, so I must really like this damn game. But the evestore site doesn't have an option to send it here. There isn't anything that can be done? C'mon CCP, couldn't one of you lend me your address, and then send it here to me? Please? Pretty please?

If you want, I can take shipment of your CE and forward it to you as long as you cover the shipping charges or import tariff... totally understand if you don't believe me but the offer stands.

Jam
Edmark I
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#138 - 2013-10-15 21:24:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Edmark I
Jamwara DelCalicoe Ashley wrote:
[quote=Katabrok First]Ok, I've put this complain here on the forums many times. I live in Brazil, and I'm willing to buy the collector's edition. Hell, I even went to fanfest this year, so I must really like this damn game. But the evestore site doesn't have an option to send it here. There isn't anything that can be done? C'mon CCP, couldn't one of you lend me your address, and then send it here to me? Please? Pretty please?

Katabrok, I had the same distaste when I checked that even Amazon wouldn't ship do Brazil !

I was searching and there is some US companies that do the Address Forward Service ( http://www.myus.com ) didnt try because I dont know if its safe or not....

CCP Doom, Can't you post a recommendation to CCP, since its the one who sells through Amazon and set this directive in the Sales Order ? (if not directly selling, the CCP Brand is on it...)

Where is CSM when these guys are needed ?

Sorry to bother, but take it as a compliment... we love the game and want to be part of its entire universe... I just sold my xbox to buy a PS3 in order to play DUST !!!
Rosen Thornn
House of Nightshade
#139 - 2013-10-16 13:05:55 UTC
Is the cyber arm only going to be a right arm, or can you choose which arm it will be when you select it?
NFain
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2013-10-16 15:54:46 UTC
CCP Loktofeit wrote:
Aralez wrote:
quick question. Is this mystery code a one time use item? for example to you have to choose between the item for Valkyrie or the arm? or does ccp mail a new code to use for each item?

The Mystery Code qualifies you for all Mystery Code items. Enter the code once, and it is saved to your account. You will be able to redeem each new item when they are revealed.

Can we have 2 codes linked to one account? :O