These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Screw this - *deleted*

First post
Author
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#1 - 2013-10-13 00:46:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#2 - 2013-10-13 00:47:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#3 - 2013-10-13 00:47:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#4 - 2013-10-13 00:49:06 UTC
TL;DR eating my chicken wings

Blue

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#5 - 2013-10-13 00:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
Baggo Hammers
#6 - 2013-10-13 01:20:39 UTC
Look, Vet or not if you can't afford 14.95 a month to play a video game your priorities are a bit out of kilter...

Begging offers no dignity.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Aurelius Valentius
Valentius Corporation
#7 - 2013-10-13 01:24:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Aurelius Valentius
*deleted*
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-10-13 01:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
1. Lose your attitude.
2. Pick any activity other than the least efficient (mining)
3. Pick any area other than the poorest (hi-sec)
4. Find a good corp, five seconds of googling revealed that eve-uni might be a good fit for you.
5. Get off the treadmill. Scraping pennies together in eve is worse pay than begging at the street corner. A good corp can help you with this.
edit:
5b. Actually do some research, figure out how much/hour you are making vs. what you could do with other activities. Leverage your isk, use it to make more isk. Remember opportunity cost. If you could easily make 50m/hour just cleaning up space junk behind some of the thousands of missions runners out there, there'd better be a good reason for you to do something less efficient, when isk is your goal.

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Michael Turate
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-10-13 01:26:14 UTC
Assuming you're not begging (which isn't allowed) you could just have posted,

'What Eve activity will give me enough isk to buy a monthly plex?'

The most likely answer you'd get back would be incursions.

If you've been playing since 2008 and you haven't got any isk then you must be doing something badly wrong.
Asaryuu
Liquid Words
#10 - 2013-10-13 01:26:55 UTC
Yeah your probably not gonna get any sympathy in GD and not in Eve. But hopefully everything works out for you. Good Luck.
Eram Fidard
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-10-13 01:31:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Eram Fidard
Michael Turate wrote:
Assuming you're not begging (which isn't allowed) you could just have posted,

'What Eve activity will give me enough isk to buy a monthly plex?'

The most likely answer you'd get back would be incursions.

If you've been playing since 2008 and you haven't got any isk then you must be doing something badly wrong.

This guy has it right. There are countless ways to make really good isk, compared to mining change.

Looks like the OP decided against actually reading advice he asked for. Sheesh, you try to help someone....

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-10-13 01:32:29 UTC
Shadowbegging isnt allowed on the forums.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Asaryuu
Liquid Words
#13 - 2013-10-13 01:33:58 UTC
Don't biomass dude there is always 2morrow. Cry
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#14 - 2013-10-13 01:34:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
Do passive isk making. Trading, some manufacture, planets. On youtube user krill sinqlaison has a good tutorial for station trading.
Find a corp that pays plex for doing corp/alliance "chores". Get employed by somerblink to give out prizes. Something like that.
Make some tools, tutorials, guides and at the end say " if this helped u send some isk to me". Teach some class at e uni see if they will employ you in plex ??
There's always....mining. Lol.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#15 - 2013-10-13 02:00:15 UTC
*serviceman*

I love how spending time in the american armed services then means you are factually correct and morally justified in all situations.

Grow the **** up.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Asaryuu
Liquid Words
#16 - 2013-10-13 02:08:26 UTC
Aurelius Valentius wrote:
*reserved*

I would like to point out this to the trolling idiots that can't seem to read and immediately post a rude comment about this being some kind of "begging".

I will excuse such, as you are probably so ignorant, clueless and tactless as to not understand how absolutly rude and insulting posting such is to a service man and I suppose that doesn't matter to the types that post such things. They will never know what it means to do anything for anyone other then themselves... I should have remembered that the internet is where people like this dwell and my mistake for even thinking that anything other that that would ensue.

Yeah dude. This is GD such things as your original post is like blood in the water, But its also all about how you handle it. You failed. F+

Hopefully your IRL situation gets better. Until then fly safe!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#17 - 2013-10-13 02:13:01 UTC
It's at times like these that I really appreciate eve-sarch. Lol
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#18 - 2013-10-13 02:40:01 UTC
To Eve-Search!

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2013-10-13 03:53:17 UTC
Just back from eve-search. Our wonderful OP told us about his military career and how he was injured and how he now plays eve. He asked for our advice on paying for his sub with PLEX. He mentioned his service again, probably because no one besides him got involved in the several wars that the entire western world has been committing forces to for a decade or so, and he most certainly deserves bowing and scraping. Yours truly and probably several other people in this thread certainly can't have been in, because if we'd had we would have be acting entitled because of it.

Someone was flippant with him and he got super mad.

And now you're caught up on the bits OP deleted.

Any advice for our OP on how to pay for his PLEX? I'd recommend theft and murder, personally.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#20 - 2013-10-13 03:57:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Just back from eve-search. Our wonderful OP told us about his military career and how he was injured and how he now plays eve. He asked for our advice on paying for his sub with PLEX. He mentioned his service again, probably because no one besides him got involved in the several wars that the entire western world has been committing forces to for a decade or so, and he most certainly deserves bowing and scraping. Yours truly and probably several other people in this thread certainly can't have been in, because if we'd had we would have be acting entitled because of it.

Someone was flippant with him and he got super mad.

And now you're caught up on the bits OP deleted.

Any advice for our OP on how to pay for his PLEX? I'd recommend theft and murder, personally.

Solid post there Monk. Off to Eve-Search now. Thanks!

*edit* looks as good as promised so far. I served in the US Army myself, which I hardly ever bring up, so it is always interesting to me when I see fellow veterans shove their service in your face and ask for something from other people or the government in return. It also reminds me of a friend who was a ranger captain. He had a qualifying medical condition for disability, yet volunteers himself to go to Afghanistan and then to Iraq so that he could make $100k/year tax free and get the rank of major so that his disability payments would be higher. There is something wrong with this picture.

I knew the OP's name was familiar... I thought initially he was a guy who lost an orca on minerbumping.com, but I was wrong on that (at least not one that was featured.)

But here is where I know him from:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=286067

In this awfully similar GD thread, he blames CCP for the price of PLEX, wants the PLEX price "fixed", and thinks only "rich people" can buy a plex. Instead of his health like be blames in this post, in the other ones he blames the Financial Crisis. He also seems angry at some teenager who wants to blow money on tricking out a car, while he struggles. Oh yeah, he also mentions that he contributes a lot to the Eve universe and wants some sort of entitlement for all that hard work.

My only suggestion is to move to a communist country. If that is not palatable, he could also consider learning how to build some basic wordpress blogs, learn how to get traffic, and build up a sustainable income over time. It can take time, but he can clearly operate a computer and has lots of time on his hands. I have no idea how this may or may not impact the future government benefits. I assume it would not affect it, as I have known plenty of veterans collect a disability check while they work full time doing something else...

*edit* after mentioning serving in the US Army, he says he "went to university." That is a European phrase. In America, we say "I went to college," even if that school happened to be a university. Now I question the whole story, which until this point I automatically assumed to be true.

*edit* also reminds me of an old neighbor who practically stalked me around my own yard to ask me to mow his grass for free "because I am a world war II veteran." I agreed (thinking it quite odd as I had never heard someone from "the greatest generation" ever ask for a handout, let alone use the military card), because I gave him the benefit of the doubt, despite the brand new Cadillac he blocked my driveway with. His grass was so tall, I thought my lawn tractor was about to die. Then he asked me to do it again. I think I did it once more before telling him he's going to have to hire someone, as I am too busy.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

12Next page