These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Battleships

Author
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-10-12 03:57:47 UTC
Quick Question:

Why not give all battleships the bastion module? Battleships are for battle not missions which is primarily what they're used for now. Why not leave the Marauders as they are and simply do that?

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2 - 2013-10-12 04:14:24 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Quick Question:
Why not give all battleships the bastion module? Battleships are for battle not missions which is primarily what they're used for now. Why not leave the Marauders as they are and simply do that?

Because I like my RNI the way it is and would prefer it un-neutered?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-10-12 04:15:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Quick Question:

Because I like my RNI the way it is and would prefer it un-neutered?

Dood, bastion moded RNI ffs. It would rock. Besides how many times can you shoot that Zor and his henchmen before you go totally insane and self destruct it on Jita undock with SB's.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4 - 2013-10-12 04:32:16 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Dood, bastion moded RNI ffs. It would rock. Besides how many times can you shoot that Zor and his henchmen before you go totally insane and self destruct it on Jita undock with SB's.

Yeah, but no way it gets Bastion without being nerfed into the stone age. Forget Zor - it's that damsel that drives me up the wall...

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#5 - 2013-10-12 05:12:39 UTC
No. Battleships are fine.

Katrina Oniseki

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-10-12 05:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

They are not fine. They're the least used general combat ship for non-fleet PvP. They're outclassed by most cheaper smaller ships in almost every way including dps (that is actually applied dps not paper dps).

Hatsumi Kobayashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-10-12 05:21:52 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

They are not fine. They're the least used general combat ship for non-fleet PvP. They're outclassed by most cheaper smaller ships in almost every way including dps (that is actually applied dps not paper dps).

wat

No sig.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#8 - 2013-10-12 05:26:12 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:

That's because most people who PvP are cheap bastards.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-10-12 05:29:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Hatsumi Kobayashi wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

wat

Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

That's because most people who PvP are cheap bastards.

:)

Well Yeah a BC is much cheaper, but it also is faster, has much better ability to apply DPS and has a lock time that's almost 2.5 times faster than a battleships.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#10 - 2013-10-12 05:31:35 UTC
Echo...

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-10-12 05:33:04 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Echo...

Apparantly she didn't quite get what I said the first time :)

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#12 - 2013-10-12 06:33:50 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Well Yeah a BC is much cheaper, but it also is faster, has much better ability to apply DPS and has a lock time that's almost 2.5 times faster than a battleships.

Maybe. We'll see after the new RHMLs are introduced with Rubicon. Anything over $25m ISK is generally too expensive for low-sec anyway. We have to be careful to avoid feeding the wildlife.

Tragedy
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-10-12 06:39:08 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

They're used more then any other ship in fleet pvp though. So what would it do to the game to have already good ships all of a sudden get massive tanks and damage projection bonuses? Just because they're not used for small gang stuff as much as other ships doesnt mean theres something wrong with battleships. They're filling their role well. Giving them bastion would be OP as hell.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2013-10-12 08:04:09 UTC
Tragedy wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

They're used more then any other ship in fleet pvp though. So what would it do to the game to have already good ships all of a sudden get massive tanks and damage projection bonuses? Just because they're not used for small gang stuff as much as other ships doesnt mean theres something wrong with battleships. They're filling their role well. Giving them bastion would be OP as hell.

Its frustrating when people say something would be OP but don't give any reason why. Why would it be OP as hell. I.n a fleet fight it would mean all battleships going into bastion or none or some while others use speed as a counter. I don't know but it seems at worst you would have more pew pew time before you pop.

In terms of missioning it would be moot since they're already trivial anyway. In terms of small gang solo, mobility is very important but at worst more pew pew time for battleships at the loss of being able to move.

Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#15 - 2013-10-12 11:47:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Icarus Able
They arent used for small scale pvp because its small scale....When a 10 man team goes on a mission you dont send in huge support ships.Battleships have their place.

And no. Bastion module isnt needed on battleships.It would be OP cause well it would be OP...Being able to feild that many 60km Blaster megas for that price would be insane.
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#16 - 2013-10-12 12:51:07 UTC
Battleships have their place, don't fix what's not broken. Some more mobile BS can still be used in small gangs to good effect but their main strengths (as you mentioned) are big tanks, big damage and big projection, which are exactly what is needed in a fleet and general PvE, and most BS have a place somewhere in one of those except for a few sad bunnies. Forget OP, Bastion for all BS would create more problems than it solves in terms of balance, it's difficult to theory craft exactly what will happen till it happens, at which point it would likely need to be balanced which would upset the balance of everything else.
Whisperen
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2013-10-12 16:05:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Whisperen
IMO most BS need more buffer ~20% more for gall and cal ~30% more for ammar. Minnie bs need ~35% more base speed or 10% less sig and 20% more base speed.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#18 - 2013-10-12 18:36:22 UTC
Whisperen wrote:
IMO most BS need more buffer ~20% more for gall and cal ~30% more for ammar. Minnie bs need ~35% more base speed or 10% less sig and 20% more base speed.

The buffer isn't the problem, it's the ability to hit anything smaller than a battlecruiser that's the achilles' heel.

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-10-12 18:49:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
that's what frigates and cruisers are for

you want something slow/immobile pounded into dust ... send in the battleships
you want something fast/agile pounded into the dust ... the battleship is the wrong tool.

[edit]

@ OP

I don't support your proposal btw .. it's a terrible idea
as it would lead to a rather large amount of imbalance

I think CCP may have introduced the bastion module to give T2 battleships a role in pvp .. where atm they are purely seen as a pve ship (at least that's my understanding of their current usage)
I could be wrong though .... I don't mind being wrong
so long as people are polite when they point it out Smile
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2013-10-13 03:03:01 UTC
While I concede it may be a terrible idea, simply saying its a terrible idea because of imbalance or it would be overpowered because it would be overpowered really doesn't say much lol. You cannot legitimately claim OP'ness unless you explain why. Without that your claim of OP'ness is just an unsubstantiated likely biased opinion.

There hasn't been a single post which has pointed out WHY it would be overpowered or imbalanced.

123Next page