These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

comets

Author
Old Man Butcher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-10-10 04:16:50 UTC
i think that comets would be a cool addition to the game and as far as being able to tow/mine it might i suggest a completely random occurrence (maybe show it on a map as if it existed) otherwise the average player will never see it as it would be mined or removed by the time someone like me who only plays at night could even see it.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-10-10 08:11:21 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
why not have comets flying thru, or in orbit, a system, when detected, u can attempt capture it with tractorbeam. When stabilized, it can be mined.

Do not slow down the comet, instead, tie your ship to the comet with bucky cables and mine all the valuables before the comet crashes into something more interesting. Big smile

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#23 - 2013-10-10 08:38:58 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
why not have comets flying thru, or in orbit, a system, when detected, u can attempt capture it with tractorbeam. When stabilized, it can be mined.

Do not slow down the comet, instead, tie your ship to the comet with bucky cables and mine all the valuables before the comet crashes into something more interesting. Big smile

Im dectecting a destructive idea is emerging from my idea lol But a big comet heading for one of the big tradehubs, could be a nasty funny thing to watch.

Yummy Chocolate
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-10-10 09:34:56 UTC
years ago a CCP brought up an idea about comet mining during a fanfest.

since then the idea was pretty much forgotten by just about everyone.

Frostys Virpio > CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase

Felicity Love >... was thinking "moar popcorn"... but now, seeing the truly awesome contribution this thread is going to make to the Greater Glory Of EVE.... imagonnamakkadapizza....

Malcolm Malicious
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2013-10-10 11:36:41 UTC
How about comet anomalies that collide into asteroid belts, kind of like how rats warp in. Then you get random occurrences of mineable ice fields in random asteroid belts.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#26 - 2013-10-10 11:46:26 UTC
Malcolm Malicious wrote:
How about comet anomalies that collide into asteroid belts, kind of like how rats warp in. Then you get random occurrences of mineable ice fields in random asteroid belts.

Actually an good idea that too, like it
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#27 - 2013-10-10 18:19:12 UTC
How about large comets that sometimes pass through a system, widely visible and only minable for a set timer before the comet leaves the system again?

To spice things up, those deep space comets could sometimes drag some kind of space based life form with it, let's call them void kraken.

HighSec: Sometimes void kraken babies emerge from a comet if it is mined. Can be fought of by frigates/destroyers. 25% of all comets have them in it.

LowSec: Void kraken juveniles and strong enough to make serious trouble even for a full-blown combat cruiser. 50% of all comets come with juveniles.

NullSec: Void kraken adults, multiple battleships or capitals ar needed. 50% chance of a void kraken hiding in the comet. (I didn't want to be too mean. Evil)
Femalis Horribilis
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-10-10 19:08:33 UTC
me like +1
Jeanne-Luise Argenau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-10-10 19:35:23 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Rykki Atruin wrote:
Incursions for miners!! Yes :)

I would actually hop into my mining barge if I had to work with other players to 'save' a station from rogue comets.

I'd hop in my catalysts if there was a chance the station would go boom too! Wouldn't THAT be fun? <_<

yeah and if its hit station, local services like bounties will be reduced till the station is repaired. to further the repair effort on station u need to transport some materials to it. the same goes for if a meteor strikes the planet till the emergency relief isnt needed anymore.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2013-10-10 21:00:30 UTC
Jeanne-Luise Argenau wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Rykki Atruin wrote:

I would actually hop into my mining barge if I had to work with other players to 'save' a station from rogue comets.

I'd hop in my catalysts if there was a chance the station would go boom too! Wouldn't THAT be fun? <_<

yeah and if its hit station, local services like bounties will be reduced till the station is repaired. to further the repair effort on station u need to transport some materials to it. the same goes for if a meteor strikes the planet till the emergency relief isnt needed anymore.

and again, my catalysts would like to say hello to your repair fleet.

Now, given that in the books, a Nyx crashing into a station is enough to cripple it and kill everyone inside, what do you think a comet will leave behind?
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
#31 - 2013-10-10 21:51:23 UTC
may the comet bring the station with it and make docking with the station a little mystery :D
Jeanne-Luise Argenau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-10-11 00:09:06 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Jeanne-Luise Argenau wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
Rykki Atruin wrote:

and again, my catalysts would like to say hello to your repair fleet.

Now, given that in the books, a Nyx crashing into a station is enough to cripple it and kill everyone inside, what do you think a comet will leave behind?

u know how massive a nyx is. i dont know how much speed the nyx had on impact i just assume it dropped out of warp and had still a high partial of c so it set a higher amount of damage as a slower more mass rich roid. Than u have the fact that warships are designed to survive a heavy pounding which means it ends up in easilier getting through the station armor plating.

Then the next thing is why doesnt the station in a last ditch with on the station build tower laser defense reducing it to a not destroying but heavily damage the station (the create vapor alse reduces the speed abit).

But mining currently is boring the belts should stay the same but the current grav sites could get more generic and somehow effect the system. And there are alot more ppl here who could find a way to put it into rp too.

Suriv Virus
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-10-11 09:24:58 UTC
Nice Idea Goat :-)
Psychoactive Stimulant
#34 - 2013-10-11 09:35:07 UTC
I think I'm going to try that Chribba trick sometime. I've seen it happen in like 5 or 6 different threads now and it's pretty cool.

Also, thumbs up for that whatever everyone else is talking about...
Titus Balls
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2013-10-11 09:42:04 UTC
Yummy Chocolate wrote:
years ago a CCP brought up an idea about comet mining during a fanfest.

since then the idea was pretty much forgotten by just about everyone.

Just like ring mining
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#36 - 2013-10-11 09:50:30 UTC
Psychoactive Stimulant wrote:
I think I'm going to try that Chribba trick sometime. I've seen it happen in like 5 or 6 different threads now and it's pretty cool.

Also, thumbs up for that whatever everyone else is talking about...

There's no tricks in this universe!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Bleeding RoidRider
Doomheim
#37 - 2013-10-12 23:14:12 UTC
like this idea. +1
Altered Ego
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#38 - 2013-10-13 01:33:32 UTC
Coyote Laughing wrote:
Thirdly, I can see people trying to smash them into planets, stations, P.O.S. or anything that it can interact with - the ultimate in miner bumping.

That sounds awesome! Poor man's pos buster. =)
Toilett Brush
SSansha Empire
#39 - 2013-10-14 14:30:18 UTC
like this idea. +1
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#40 - 2013-10-14 16:10:25 UTC
imo comets should have been the new ice belts.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Previous page123Next page