These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Carriers in low sec

Author
Garbad theWeak
#1 - 2011-11-16 19:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
So now that scaps are being nerfed to prevent logoffski, what about a similar change to prevent carriers from logging off or redocking to avoid a defeat in low sec?

Perhaps make it so if a carrier is repping or takes aggro, it cannot redock at the station for 5 minutes or until 1 minute after it stops taking damage. This will make it so a carrier can't undock, rep or fight with impunity, then redock without risk. A similar change would help with POSes -- force people who commit ships to battle actually have a risk, not be able to coast into saftey using a retardedly large buffer relative to a nonblobbed foe.
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2 - 2011-11-16 19:37:50 UTC
Doesn't the logoffski nerf affect all ships?
Daedalus II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2011-11-16 19:38:02 UTC
You do know that the mechanic is changed for all ships, not only supers right? Carriers will be unable to log off while being under fire, as will any other ship, from frigate to titan.
Denidil
Cascades Mountain Operatives
#4 - 2011-11-16 19:38:33 UTC
the loggoffsky change affects all ships. if you attempt to log with aggression you remain 15 minutes, or longer if someone is actively shooting you.

also, grown men don't use terminology that refers to other demographics of people as a derogatory.

Tedium and difficulty are not the same thing, if you don't realize this then STFU about game design.

IIIAsharakIII
The League of Extraordinary Assholes
Leviathan.
#5 - 2011-11-16 19:48:44 UTC
There's always a bigger fish.

GET OVER IT.

Bernard Schuyler
Thundererz
#6 - 2011-11-16 19:48:50 UTC
All ships do this kind of station games crap. Just fight off the station and problem solved.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-16 19:56:58 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
So now that scaps are being nerfed to prevent logoffski, what about a similar change to prevent carriers from logging off or redocking to avoid a defeat in low sec?

Perhaps make it so if a carrier is repping or takes aggro, it cannot redock at the station for 5 minutes or until 1 minute after it stops taking damage. This will make it so a carrier can't undock, rep or fight with impunity, then redock without risk. A similar change would help with POSes -- force people who commit ships to battle actually have a risk, not be able to coast into saftey using a retardedly large buffer relative to a nonblobbed foe.

Sure, as long as regular subcapital ships that agress on station are subject to the same rules.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Garbad theWeak
#8 - 2011-11-16 19:58:42 UTC
Bernard Schuyler wrote:
All ships do this kind of station games crap. Just fight off the station and problem solved.
I'm thinking more of this -- fight breaks out, someone undocks a carrier. The carrier can rep without drawing aggro, and once aggroed it doesn't particularly matter since it can easily tank a gang long enough to redock. Thus, the carrier has no risk and ruins the pvp for others. Sure, other ships can do it but nothing else can realistically have 1.5 mil ehp and rep for thousands of damage a second while costing little.

Nerf caps in lowsec.
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#9 - 2011-11-16 20:01:12 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:

Good job on completely misinterpreting the rules, retard
Naso Gomez
#10 - 2011-11-16 20:01:56 UTC
Bring a dread next time?
Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#11 - 2011-11-16 20:03:53 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bernard Schuyler wrote:
I'm thinking more of this -- fight breaks out, someone undocks a carrier. The carrier can rep without drawing aggro, and once aggroed it doesn't particularly matter since it can easily tank a gang long enough to redock. Thus, the carrier has no risk and ruins the pvp for others. Sure, other ships can do it but nothing else can realistically have 1.5 mil ehp and rep for thousands of damage a second while costing little.

Nerf caps in lowsec.

Bring more DPS next time. Or hot drop them with a Titan. I got along fine in low sec, killing peeps and avoiding carriers.
Blood Fart
Rock Hard Productions
#12 - 2011-11-16 20:04:11 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bernard Schuyler wrote:
I'm thinking

I thought I smelled something burning....don't hurt yourself.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#13 - 2011-11-16 20:05:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Morganta
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bernard Schuyler wrote:

Nerf caps in lowsec.

awwww widdle baby can't play station games cos of the big mean caweer?

biomass your toon and unsub please because your thinly veiled cry for a 15 minute agro timer on the redock is not going to fly
Jita Alt666
#14 - 2011-11-16 20:06:46 UTC
Denidil wrote:

also, grown men don't use terminology that refers to other demographics of people as a derogatory.

Language is in a constant state of flux with the meaning and intentions of words shifting at all times. To illustrate my point; I am not sure why you are offended by the OP's use of a verb meaning, level of skill in collecting together a bunch of sticks.
TrollFace TrololMcFluf
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2011-11-16 20:18:31 UTC
activate tri

tanks your pathetic fleet for 5 mins

redock once out of tri

Famble
Three's a Crowd
#16 - 2011-11-16 20:18:52 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Denidil wrote:

Language is in a constant state of flux with the meaning and intentions of words shifting at all times. To illustrate my point; I am not sure why you are offended by the OP's use of a verb meaning, level of skill in collecting together a bunch of sticks.

Or cigarettes

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Garbad theWeak
#17 - 2011-11-16 20:28:22 UTC
Zions Child wrote:
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bernard Schuyler wrote:

Nerf caps in lowsec.

Bring more DPS next time. Or hot drop them with a Titan. I got along fine in low sec, killing peeps and avoiding carriers.
bringing 40 people or a 65bil ship to counter a 1 bil alt isn't reasonable

why do you need a crutch to avoid pvp carebear?
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#18 - 2011-11-16 20:52:56 UTC
Nothing to do with carriers and everything to do with docking games. Reason carriers are used in low-sec is that they provide the biggest/sturdiest platform available .. you also get loads of midslot heavy ships playing peek-a-boo while acting as remote "everything" boosters for dock monkeys, just as bad (or worse due to cost efficiency).

The two ideas I consider most likely to sort it are:
- Size dependant docking aggression timer so that capitals need five minutes or so rather than the "standard" 60s (someone elses idea)
- Prohibit any non-tanking module/item activation within docking range, bubbling entrances still possible with careful placement. Shrink/harmonize zones around the more silly stations ("lol" 40km docking range!) and provide beacons of sort on corners so it can be seen as it were (my own concept).
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#19 - 2011-11-16 20:55:26 UTC
Where is this logofski nerf please?

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#20 - 2011-11-16 20:59:44 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Where is this logofski nerf please?

Quote:
Logoff timer

After a player logs out, there is a check for player aggression every 15 minutes. If you have been aggressed, the timer extends for 15 minutes; if you have not been aggressed, you disappear as before. Note: this is only for player aggression and will not change what happens when you log off during fights against NPCs.

From Devblog

123Next pageLast page