These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Support Ships PvP and PvE

Author
Carebearz0r
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-10-10 21:13:16 UTC
Hi, I really enjoy playing the supportive role in every game I play and I was wondering which support ships are the best in which situations in the latest expansion.
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-10-10 21:29:44 UTC
Guardian is the standard for armour repping.

Most of the other support type vessels (ecm boats etc) are all pretty much at a level, it greatly depends on the situation and what is needed to counter it. Not really that helpful i know. But there it is.

Also depending on the corp and what sort of things you are trying to do, we cannot be much more helpful. Are you PvPing? PvE? mining? if you're in a corp they should have a pretty standard sort of doctrine they fly to which can be adapted on the fly when needed.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Chessur
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#3 - 2013-10-10 21:48:53 UTC
Carebearz0r wrote:
Hi, I really enjoy playing the supportive role in every game I play and I was wondering which support ships are the best in which situations in the latest expansion.

What kind of support are you talking about?

Logi- Ships that 'heal' by giving shield / armor reps, and capacitor? Arg / guardian / scythe / scimi

ECM- Ships like recons / EAF's that provide damps / jams / long webs / neuts.... For example a curse with a heavy neut, can neut ships dry with one cycle from 90K- which is extreamly powerful.

Anti tackle / fire support- Ships like the Caracal / Cerberus / ishtar / Scythe Fleet / Nomen / Bellicose: All designed to hold heavy long point / provided webs+ anti tackle DPS for larger ships in fleet.
Orakkus
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2013-10-10 23:13:18 UTC
Carebearz0r wrote:

Chessur makes a good point. What exactly do you mean by "support"? To clarify what Chessur said:

For repairing (i.e. healing) you have the following:
Minmatar Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Scythe/Scimitar - Fast and manuverable. Scythe/Scimitars do not need cap support to repair shields.

Caldari Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Osprey/Basilisk - Better shield repairs than Scythe/Scimitar, but requires cap support (usually from other Ospreys or Basilisks).

Gallente Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Exequror/Oneiros - Similar to the Scythe and Scimitar except it repairs armor instead of shields.

Amarr Race (Tech 1/ Tech 2); Auguror/Guardian - Like the Osprey/Basilisk except that it repairs armor instead of shields.

For E-War or "Crowd Control" you have the following:
Minmatar Race: Vigil/Hyena Frigate class and Bellicose/Rapier/Huginn Cruiser classes - Web range (slow targets down) and Target Painting (make targets easier to hit) Bonuses.

Caldari Race: Griffin/Kitsune Frigate Class, Blackbird/Rook/Falcon Cruiser Classes - Electronic Counter Measure Bonuses (Causes enemy ships to lose their ability to target for a time)

Gallente Race: Maulus/Keres Frigate Class, Celestis/Lachesis/Arazu Cruiser Classes - Remote Sensor Dampening (lowers enemy targetting range and speed), and Warp Scrambling (removes ability for the enemy to warp away) Bonuses

Amarr Race: Crucifier/Sentinel Frigate Class, Arbitrator/Pilgrim/Curse - Tracking Disruption (Lowers Turret rotation speed and optimal ranges) and Neutralizer/Nosferatu (Drain energy from enemy capacitors) Bonuses.

Then you have support in various other fields, like scouting (Covert Ops Frigates), Tackling (most Combat/Interceptor frigates), Bait (Anything that can take a punch for some time).

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

Baggo Hammers
#5 - 2013-10-10 23:33:11 UTC
Orakkus wrote:
Carebearz0r wrote:

Chessur makes a good point. What exactly do you mean by "support"? To clarify what Chessur said:

For repairing (i.e. healing) you have the following:
Minmatar Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Scythe/Scimitar - Fast and manuverable. Scythe/Scimitars do not need cap support to repair shields.

Caldari Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Osprey/Basilisk - Better shield repairs than Scythe/Scimitar, but requires cap support (usually from other Ospreys or Basilisks).

Gallente Race (Tech 1/Tech 2): Exequror/Oneiros - Similar to the Scythe and Scimitar except it repairs armor instead of shields.

Amarr Race (Tech 1/ Tech 2); Auguror/Guardian - Like the Osprey/Basilisk except that it repairs armor instead of shields.

For E-War or "Crowd Control" you have the following:
Minmatar Race: Vigil/Hyena Frigate class and Bellicose/Rapier/Huginn Cruiser classes - Web range (slow targets down) and Target Painting (make targets easier to hit) Bonuses.

Caldari Race: Griffin/Kitsune Frigate Class, Blackbird/Rook/Falcon Cruiser Classes - Electronic Counter Measure Bonuses (Causes enemy ships to lose their ability to target for a time)

Gallente Race: Maulus/Keres Frigate Class, Celestis/Lachesis/Arazu Cruiser Classes - Remote Sensor Dampening (lowers enemy targetting range and speed), and Warp Scrambling (removes ability for the enemy to warp away) Bonuses

Amarr Race: Crucifier/Sentinel Frigate Class, Arbitrator/Pilgrim/Curse - Tracking Disruption (Lowers Turret rotation speed and optimal ranges) and Neutralizer/Nosferatu (Drain energy from enemy capacitors) Bonuses.

Then you have support in various other fields, like scouting (Covert Ops Frigates), Tackling (most Combat/Interceptor frigates), Bait (Anything that can take a punch for some time).

Nice post.

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.