These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Discussion of Emergent Gameplay for Carebears and the interdependence of PvPers and their Prey.

Author
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#101 - 2013-10-10 11:27:16 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
It's very dishonest to claim PVP you don't like isn't "real".

it's virtual in most cases.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#102 - 2013-10-10 13:47:20 UTC
Decian Cor wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Fun fact.

You are also more likely to be involved in a road accident than ganked unless you do something stupid.

You are also much less likely to be involved in a road accident than getting ganked if you're busy playing EvE.

Doh.

Unless you are driving down the road while playing Eve on your laptop. I know a guy that did that.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#103 - 2013-10-10 15:10:52 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
Decian Cor wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Fun fact.

You are also more likely to be involved in a road accident than ganked unless you do something stupid.

You are also much less likely to be involved in a road accident than getting ganked if you're busy playing EvE.

Doh.

Unless you are driving down the road while playing Eve on your laptop. I know a guy that did that.

What if you're afk cloaking.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#104 - 2013-10-10 15:13:49 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Andski wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
The only risk in suicide ganking the 30B ISK officer-fit marauder in a hisec mission hub is that the loot fairy will look upon you unkindly.

So you mean that it's just like market trading where you risk losing your investment and not getting any return?

There are so many holes in the "suicide ganking is risk-free" whine. I thought you'd be smarter than that.

1) you ALWAYS get something at the end. be it killmail, hatemail, loot or tears
2) your logic can lead to "shooting monument at Jita is risky: each shot your gun produces makes damage which depends of RNG".

Yes, "so many holes"....

I guess you can loot our own wreck if you're enough of a bad ganker to not kill the target

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2013-10-10 16:17:22 UTC
Without the possibility of some bad guy performing random violence on your ship, you're left with only PvE in an MMO with absolutely the worst PvE of any MMO. Pirates need targets. Industrialists need a challenge. Its a symbiotic relationship.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#106 - 2013-10-10 16:24:36 UTC
No, Alavaria, this guy was most assuredly not afk cloaking. He is a famous bot aspirant miner who has over 100 accounts. Thankfully he did not get into an accident because then people would say something like "grrr goons"

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.