These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Question about the Depots

Author
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#21 - 2013-10-10 04:39:02 UTC

I think it's safe to say at least 2 brand new hobbies/sports will start as soon as Rubicon is released:

1. Hunting down depots and blowing them up- either for drops (if that happens) or for laughs.

2. Racing around the universe tracking down corps with pos's that have not heard of the new game changes. These corps will be targeted with siphons and thousands of players will laugh hysterically when the inevitable forum threads start popping up everywhere something along the lines of "hey what is wrong with my pos" or "hey CCP, you broke POS mechanics/ there is a bug reducing my production."

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Torigoma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-10-10 04:40:49 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:

2. Racing around the universe tracking down corps with pos's that have not heard of the new game changes. These corps will be targeted with siphons and thousands of players will laugh hysterically when the inevitable forum threads start popping up everywhere something along the lines of "hey what is wrong with my pos" or "hey CCP, you broke POS mechanics/ there is a bug reducing my production."
fun game, fun game.
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-10-10 15:49:44 UTC
Torigoma wrote:
Gogela wrote:

Alternatively think of it as a place to stash all that stolen moongoo waiting for the carrier or blackops to jump it out.

Even then It's useless. The Siphon works in cycles.If the cycles are Short, then why not simply bring the Haulers directly to the Siphon? If the Cycles are long, then the Depots are not going to last long enough to be of any use.

Oi! Arsebandit! That's my quote.

Dodixie > Hek

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#24 - 2013-10-10 18:00:43 UTC
Torigoma wrote:
Gogela wrote:
[quote=Torigoma][quote=Gogela]
Think of it as a camp site in the woods rather than a cabin.

This is what it seems like it is gonna be like. Which REALLY sucks.

In Essence, It's a big, scanable Secure Container but with Fitting system.

I understand they are not truly "Finished" yet, but I guess I was hoping this would be the start of the "Smallholdings" System we've been hoping for for years.

I think it is the start of the small holding system. You should give it a chance... I think this is really cool!

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Previous page12