These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Increasing life in low-sec

Author
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#21 - 2013-10-08 11:00:08 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
To bring back Lowsec to life just make it NPC null space -0.01
Gate baubles / doomsdays - no npc standing hit etc etc , all good stuff :)

FW space could be SOV space owned by one of the FW sides.

NPC-00 != Lowsec

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#22 - 2013-10-08 11:04:02 UTC
Barry Filler wrote:
I would rather see people getting the power to better protect themselves against gate campers, instead of simply making the sentry guns stronger. More sandbox in my opinion

It's an issue that plagues the entire empire realm.

• Logically why are faction police incapable of crushing enemy militia in their home territory?
  • Why are sentry guns which are basicly OP drones not engaging criminals and enemy militia as soon as they uncloak at the gate? Or as soon as they undock - irrespective of session timer?
  • Why are there no faction police in lowsec? CONCORD not being there is justified but no faction presence whatsoever in what is meant to be sovereign territory is strange and has no reason.
  • Why do soveriegn entities not use capitals to defend their home territory - as they'd be fully entitled to do?
  • why are there no pirates stations in lowsec?
  • why is there no 'faction warfare' for pirate NPC space?
  • why can't you buy boosters from FW stores (limited to specific types and listed as 'navy booster' so as to be legal)?
  • why is there so little incentive to help new players from a small corporation point of view? Aren't these the potential lowsec recruits we really need? Why are they more or less instructed to stay away from lowsec?
  • Why is the security rating system so illogical and hamhanded?
  • Why is there so little incentive to play POS warfare in lowsec and therefore need carebears to mine for you etc etc? Is that there are too many NPC stations to base out of? Would lowsec benefit from having max 1 NPC station in a constellation and if so - where? The border system to highsec?

These are the kinds of questions I ask myself when it comes to lowsec. Go figure.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#23 - 2013-10-08 11:04:46 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:

NPC-00 != Lowsec

Well you have to admit that aside from bubbles it pretty much is the same animal.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#24 - 2013-10-08 12:08:46 UTC
Strange as it may seem to most of you in this thread many of us who live full time in LowSec manage to have quite a bit of fun without resorting to noob slaughter, HiSec entry camping, special toys or the inability to "roam" in less than 40+ man fleets with only the FC doing any thinking.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#25 - 2013-10-08 12:49:48 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:

NPC-00 != Lowsec

Well you have to admit that aside from bubbles it pretty much is the same animal.

Exactly the lack of them (of massive bubble camps on stations and gates and you name it where), of bombs, DDs etc is what makes lowsec different from 00. If they were allowed in lowsec, there would be no lowsec any more.

Samillian wrote:
Strange as it may seem to most of you in this thread many of us who live full time in LowSec manage to have quite a bit of fun without resorting to noob slaughter, HiSec entry camping, special toys or the inability to "roam" in less than 40+ man fleets with only the FC doing any thinking.

Nice comment. Smile

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-10-08 12:52:45 UTC
lowsec isn't broken
the people who play there are

and that's entirely out of ccp's remit
Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-10-08 13:23:31 UTC
What is the point of making carebears come into low sec if they won't die?

Might as well add more hisec.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-10-08 13:25:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander Ted
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

And frigates being on gates, and titans, and having to worry about stealth bombers.

If you actually pvp there it is totally different.

If we make sentry guns more powerful it will kill any small scale on gate pvp. People who are evenly matched will never engage each other unless a negative 10 player just sits there and hope someone shoots him, which if they aren't evenly matched will not happen.

It is a **** idea.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=174097 Separate all 4 empires in eve with lowsec.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#29 - 2013-10-08 20:04:16 UTC
I can't help it if you need to park your tousch on a gate to win. If the idea is to have more fights let's create something worth fighting over first.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#30 - 2013-10-09 11:34:13 UTC
Commander Ted wrote:
What is the point of making carebears come into low sec if they won't die?

Might as well add more hisec.

Don't be obtuse.

Carebears will die by the droves sure, because they're idiots.

Genuinely new players making their first steps in to lowsec, being utterly mauled by the sharks that live there is a different matter. There's no gradual progression from high to low. This ties in to what I said above and in many other posts I've made.

SO HERE GOES:

TRUE HIGHSEC: CONCORD PROTECTION and faction police (capital faction support)

HIGHSEC: as above sans capital support

LOWSEC: Faction police with capital support

TRUE LOWSEC: Sparse faction police, no capital support

KEY NOTES:

Gate guns and faction police now instantly engage enemy militia members and -10's on sight. Damage scales upwards with time. In TRUE HIGHSEC capitals will deploy to engage undesirables that kill off the standard faction police. Capitals immediately deploy to engage any enemy militia member spotted in a battleship.
HIGHSEC, as above sans capitals
LOWSEC, faction police patrol the system and sit on the gates, engagements normally some cruisers and frigs but scales over time. They engage 'hostiles' quickly.
TRUE LOWSEC: Faction police escalates no higher than cruisers, they never attack you off gates.

The next step is incentivising use of lowsec. Since making it marginally safer is not going to be enough, there needs to be a credible reason to go there in the first place.

LOWSEC, border systems to highsec contain the relevent factions FW station and nothing else. TRUE LOWSEC systems bordering 0.0 have the regional pirate station.

LOOK AT the spawn rate of gravimetric and gas sites, CONSIDER increasing them in lowsec constellations. Give credible reasons to base in lowsec with a POS. People want low to be null-lite? With so many NPC stations per constellation that is just simply asking too much.

I could write an entire manifesto of my 4 years of playing this game in and out of lowsec. Am I going to? At this point I just might, collaboratively with other lowseccers preferred.
Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#31 - 2013-10-09 12:04:35 UTC
These posts...

beside the wrong assumptions:

"LS is broken"
"we need to bring more ppl in LS"

beside the wrong answer to wrong assumpttion:

"make a softer and safer grey area in LS"

But, beside all this, have you never noticed as people living in LS is generally happy of it? HS rsidents: never ending cries, null residents: never ending cries... The only category of players not complaining are WH and LS residents; have you ever tried to think that maybe is because these areas work fine as they are?

Sura Sadiva
Entropic Tactical Crew
#32 - 2013-10-09 12:07:10 UTC
Also, about these ideas related to creating a "softer" area in between HS and LS... why they always involve eroding and making safer low sec? If you really think a soft area is needed why don't we make more dangerous HS instead? Like removing concord from 0.5-0.6?

Bischopt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-10-09 12:11:54 UTC
Yolo wrote:
Low-sec is for the main part dead, there is far from the life inteded and one of the main reasons is how easy it is to tank the sentry guns.

I suggest, that without any other changes. tests should be made that if the basic traveling, docking and undocking was made safer by more powerfull sentry guns, activity could incease in low-sec.

Maybe, just maybe, this will be enough to get activity going. All bets are still off at anomalies, asteroid belts and so on. But this will help people get there and force the pirates to chase rather than camp.

Basicly the idea would be that due to sabotage of billboards and sentryguns, there has been problems around gates for a long time. Now the jove has offered an upgrade that will make sentry guns way more powerfull.

Flame away.

You're not completely wrong. Risk aversion is why low sec is a little bit quiet.

It's not about gate guns or stations guns though. It's the fact that people can't go into belts, static sites, missions or any other spot in space without being at risk. So it's the lack of CONCORD that makes people avoid low sec. That's not going to change.

To increase traffic in low sec, people need to grow some balls and be willing to fight.
Seriously though, to really populate low sec, CCP would have to make low sec even more profitable than it is now. Even then it wouldn't do much because people seem to prefer safety over reward.
Kenpo
The Guardians of the Beam
#34 - 2013-10-09 12:21:37 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
lowsec isn't broken
the people who play there are

and that's entirely out of ccp's remit

^^^^^ this so much this. Lowsec dwellers are their own worst enemy. Rather than let the area flourish and thrive you instead feed endlessly on anything that moves, you created a wasteland, and then have the audacity to come to the forums and whine about it, that my friends is irony.

For the record I will state that not ALL lowsec dwellers are bad.

Caution, rubber gloves and faceshield required when handling this equipment.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#35 - 2013-10-09 12:55:36 UTC
Sura Sadiva wrote:
Also, about these ideas related to creating a "softer" area in between HS and LS... why they always involve eroding and making safer low sec? If you really think a soft area is needed why don't we make more dangerous HS instead? Like removing concord from 0.5-0.6?

Isn't that exactly what I just did?

A problem with lowsec is the cliff falloff from concord to nothing you get by a single jump. There is no progression, just gatecamps from useless pirates with blinged out T3's.
Commander Ted
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2013-10-10 14:50:24 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

Isn't that exactly what I just did?

A problem with lowsec is the cliff falloff from concord to nothing you get by a single jump. There is no progression, just gatecamps from useless pirates with blinged out T3's.

Someone should go fit a pvp ship to fight them then.

In all seriously maybe 1/6 entry gates are camped at any one time. You can wander low sec for 20 jumps without seeing a soul on a gate who wants to shoot you.

Previous page12