These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishukone Ships and Surrounding issues... Coming SOON (TM)

First post First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#241 - 2013-10-09 22:37:28 UTC
Shai 'Hulud wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
My relevant post got stealth deleted =(

Damned thing took forever to type.

I noticed. I blame the illuminati.

I blame you P

I know, I am the illuminati. You just got Illuminated.
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#242 - 2013-10-09 22:52:43 UTC
Tron 3K wrote:
My posts get deleted yet the troll is still rampant.. go figure..

Lol tell him you are from CCP and you will give him a job. He will quiet for a little. Lol
Xurr
Wasted Potential.
#243 - 2013-10-09 23:58:58 UTC
I'm glad this is getting addressed.

I'd rather see people/sites be rewarded with game time or even plex rather than unique items.

The SCL folks are great, I'm glad they were noticed and rewarded. Even so I still don't like the idea of creating limited items for rewards.

While I strongly doubt you'll stop making items out of nowhere hopefully this will show that players do care about unique and limited items.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#244 - 2013-10-10 00:17:59 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
I just noticed... borrowing Dinsdale's tinfoil hat.. think about this:

- The CFCs last victory was largely grounded in ISK (e.g. to pay BL), or lack thereof on TEST side
- SOMER is an enitity with _a lot_ of ISK (despite some estimations beeing grossly wrong)
- TheMittani.com is basically run by Goonswarm (authors are payed by them)
- The Mittani, calling himself a Solar Spymaster, likely knew of the vacation ahead of time by himself or via a source
- The I-Scorpion issue was published on TMDC on the exact Saturday half of CCP was on vacation on the countryside
- Goonswarm members are dominating the drama threads

I am not saying I really believe this, but it sure does look very fitting...
What would happen if SOMER decided to not only sponsor AT teams or Ganked roams, but full out wars?

That I think is the primary issue. EvE is all about ISK. Most Isk will go to funding PvP, what else is there to do with it other than save it up. How do you or I know where and what Somer funds, they could have or could be funding wars.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#245 - 2013-10-10 00:23:14 UTC
Turns out Somer Blink is actualyl funding Goons.. and all of this drama is jsut a part of their polictal misdirection metagame

*now to remove the tin foil hat and return to realaity*
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#246 - 2013-10-10 00:33:50 UTC
Garandras wrote:
Turns out Somer Blink is actualyl funding Goons.. and all of this drama is jsut a part of their polictal misdirection metagame

If they were that'd be fine. No one could argue that they couldn't if they wished. What isn't fine is that they potentially could change the game with the fee isk they got from CCP. What isn't fine is that a corp or alliance could lose a war in the future if CCP decided to gift free isk to their competition. Its not tin foil hattery at all.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Shai 'Hulud
#247 - 2013-10-10 00:47:02 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Garandras wrote:

If they were that'd be fine. No one could argue that they couldn't if they wished. What isn't fine is that they potentially could change the game with the fee isk they got from CCP. What isn't fine is that a corp or alliance could lose a war in the future if CCP decided to gift free isk to their competition. Its not tin foil hattery at all.

This is an example of why anyone who says "this didn't affect me" is almost certainly wrong.

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#248 - 2013-10-10 00:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Garandras
Infinity Ziona wrote:

But Somer Blink already makes a bucketload of Isk.. so the injection isk from the potential sale of a few rare ships probally wouldnt make a great diffrence.

I'm of the view good on them for getting gift a free ships they do a good job..

I disagree with the gifts not being made public.

Actually the whole debate about the ships and the prizes origonally annouced for their EvEvages party probally has made them more isk then the worth of the ships that have been handed to them..

I myself am a regualr player of blink.. it makes me isk alot quicker than ratting and means more time for PvP
but the last few weeks has seen the payout counter gonig up alot quicker then the usual as they are getting alot more exposure so more people are going to try it out and see what the fuss is about... which in turn racks up a bigger profit margin for blink. (hence my joke about it secretly being Goon run)
Shai 'Hulud
#249 - 2013-10-10 01:19:20 UTC
Garandras wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

But Somer Blink already makes a bucketload of Isk.. so the injection isk from the potential sale of a few rare ships probally wouldnt make a great diffrence.

I'm of the view good on them for getting gift a free ships they do a good job..

I disagree with the gifts not being made public.

Actually the whole debate about the ships and the prizes origonally annouced for their EvEvages party probally has made them more isk then the worth of the ships that have been handed to them..

I myself am a regualr player of blink.. it makes me isk alot quicker than ratting and means more time for PvP
but the last few weeks has seen the payout counter gonig up alot quicker then the usual as they are getting alot more exposure so more people are going to try it out and see what the fuss is about... which in turn racks up a bigger profit margin for blink. (hence my joke about it secretly being Goon run)

I think many underestimate the total value gifted to SOMER (I try to avoid talking about it for the most part, because I feel these gifts were wrong, regardless of value). As a collector of unique ships myself, I would estimate the total value at the time the gifts were given is around 5.5 trillion ISK! Basically, SOMER was given roughly the same value that PL won in the last AT.

Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#250 - 2013-10-10 01:57:39 UTC
Shai 'Hulud wrote:
I think many underestimate the total value gifted to SOMER (I try to avoid talking about it for the most part, because I feel these gifts were wrong, regardless of value). As a collector of unique ships myself, I would estimate the total value at the time the gifts were given is around 5.5 trillion ISK! Basically, SOMER was given roughly the same value that PL won in the last AT.

Well thats it.. plenty of allainces/corps have been given rare ships worth a decent amount..

I personally think your estimate is high.. putting the scorps at 275bil a peice (given that there were 20given)..

but your price is also purely based on if they were able to sell all of the (now less rare) ships at the price state above..

Also of people like to hang onto their rare ships as a bit of a epeen and only sell them off when they actually need a influx of isk for a actually useful super

to me a ship sitting in a hanger is worthless.. and if i found myself with one of these scorps it would be blown up within 2 months (would be quicker..but i would need to trail skills to actually fit it) as i throw it into combat
Shai 'Hulud
#251 - 2013-10-10 02:14:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Shai 'Hulud
Garandras wrote:
Shai 'Hulud wrote:

Well thats it.. plenty of allainces/corps have been given rare ships worth a decent amount..

I personally think your estimate is high.. putting the scorps at 275bil a peice (given that there were 20given)..

but your price is also purely based on if they were able to sell all of the (now less rare) ships at the price state above..

Also of people like to hang onto their rare ships as a bit of a epeen and only sell them off when they actually need a influx of isk for a actually useful super

to me a ship sitting in a hanger is worthless.. and if i found myself with one of these scorps it would be blown up within 2 months (would be quicker..but i would need to trail skills to actually fit it) as i throw it into combat

I'm only pricing the scorps at 10b a piece (value at time of gift). 1 trillion each for the one of five ships, x5. So I rounded up from 5.3 trillion. I have confirmed these general price estimates with players much more knowledgeable about such things than myself, too. I think you will find the prices to be rather accurate.

Edit: Also, they were given 30 of the scorps, not 20.

Betty Bly
Doomheim
#252 - 2013-10-10 02:50:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Betty Bly
Seems relevant...

"The dead know only one thing: It is better to be alive."

Vigilant
Vigilant's Vigilante's
#253 - 2013-10-10 04:57:07 UTC
The only solution now is give a Ish Scorpion to everyone with a active account Lol

Kate stark
#254 - 2013-10-10 05:21:32 UTC
woke up,
see that the thread's still active,
good stuff.

now we just need a dev blog.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#255 - 2013-10-10 05:44:04 UTC
This gives me an idea for a scam... oh wait... CCP beat me to it.
Kalindra Chan
#256 - 2013-10-10 05:46:10 UTC
CCP, please dont see the Ishukone incident as your only problem, because the value of those ships is just a drop of water into the ocean in comparison to the isk Somer blink is making with 3rd party tools with in my understanding is or should be against your EULA. In-Game scams are ok, but Somer blinks gambling site ist not!

I'm a trap!

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#257 - 2013-10-10 05:53:53 UTC
Vigilant wrote:
The only solution now is give a Ish Scorpion to everyone with a active account Lol

Making the ones who bought the legitimate Scorps loses billions. By legitimate I mean those that were given them for actually doing something other than making trillions of isk through a betting website.

Having a look at their site they're also offering free blinks if you buy a GTC which is kind of weird since if I offered to sell something on the net with the chance to win isk that would be trading isk for real life money in a roundabout way.

Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#258 - 2013-10-10 06:12:53 UTC
It's fun to see how the posting dynamic changes when it's a dev thread. c'mon trolls, where you at?
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#259 - 2013-10-10 06:21:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Vigilant wrote:

Making the ones who bought the legitimate Scorps loses billions. By legitimate I mean those that were given them for actually doing something other than making trillions of isk through a betting website.

Having a look at their site they're also offering free blinks if you buy a GTC which is kind of weird since if I offered to sell something on the net with the chance to win isk that would be trading isk for real life money in a roundabout way.

That' an easy fix which I lay out here:

They can just issue the original owners of the Ishukone Watch Scorpion a free gold magnate. Present owners of gold magnates can be offered free all expense paid trips to Iceland to compensate. If said trip winners are already the recipient of an all expense paid trip to Iceland conflicting with identical dates, then there may be a $25k cash option, which should not be construed as CCP trading in game assets directly for cash. This is different. If one person is eligible for more than one $25k cash option, then the player may, at his sole discretion, add the cash awards then multiply by 2. There are limited prizes available. For a tie-breaker mechanism, we have decided to choose a random description of a corp. If your corp matches this random description, you will win. We just drew the criteria out of a hat. If the first word in your corporation starts with an S, you win. If there is a further tie... Oh **** it, if your corp is spelled Somer Blink, you win. Wow we have a winner. I can'[t believe it- it's a friend of mine. What are the odds, with all these safeguards we put in place?

I still don't get the requirement that I register on a third party website and give them my information to win a CCP prize. That would be like the president of the United States saying hey, this whole buying health insurance thing. Well, I have a buddy who works at XYZ Health Insurance Corp, and as president of the United States, I am telling you that the US government 100% supports this dude and knows he's a swell guy. So um, what you um need to um do is give my buddy all your personal info and I will enter you into a drawing to win free healthcare. Because of all the things this XYZ Health Insurance Corp does for the community, such as supporting the economy by buying TV ads, paying for lobbyists, etc, I am giving the employees of those companies free healthcare 100% funded by the dime of the taxpayer.

You are upset at that? Let me go talk to some high priced consultants and get back with you in the next um, well sometime, and I'll tell you what you want to hear after we do some poll testing. Um gotta run, don't forget to pay your taxes due soon!

edit* obviously I am kidding. But Andski and countless others have used analogies like this to drive the point home... the outrage is because of what was done not how it was communicated. Let's all understand that we can laugh about these things along with CCP and move forward. If anyone rage quits this game over a single decision or series of terrible decisions, instead of because they no longer like the... game.... then I don't know what to tell those people.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

OldWolf69
EVE-RO
Goonswarm Federation
#260 - 2013-10-10 07:57:39 UTC
Dear CCP Manifest. We ty for looking into this problem, and also hope you had a good time in that most convenient vacation. Somehow, i was hoping on a oficial position in this problem, not on the fact you saw it happening. Will this be another "we saw it, yes. so what?" thing?
It's not important that exactly Sumer did recieve free cookies. Sumer's right to recieve stuff is a problem that should be discussed separately. And i don't bite on CSM's attempt to put Sumer in front of this. Then marketing him being legit and blabla. Damage Control is for Test guys to bite on.
It's important that the cookies were given. And i must presume that there were also other occasions when CCP gave out in a arbitrary and hidden way goodies, since noone does bother to have a official position about this. And pretty shure this is the top of the Eisberg, what we see.
Do we deserve a honest explaination about this? Probably.
We will get a answer, officially? Probably.
Will that answer be honest? Probably.
"Probably" means not beyound all doubt. It doesn not even mean "posible".
Under the "Posible" section we could put a lot of implications of this unfortunate happening here. Thing of wich you, CCP Manifest and CCP per assemble should be aware, because it hits some really unpleasant out-of-game things about money.
So?
How's gonna be?
Surprise us!Lol