These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ishukone Ships and Surrounding issues... Coming SOON (TM)

First post First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#221 - 2013-10-09 21:09:06 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
These forums need a "Hide posts and posts containing quotes" option...
I would hide Jenn ASides posts, but that would not even hide a quarter of the relevant posts as way to many people are jumping in to quote and reply feverishly :S
(And no, I don't really want to ignore Tippia...)

So you only want to see posts that agree with what you already believe? Why visit a discussion forum in the 1st place then.

What I find disgusting is how otherwise intelligent people devolve to the "you are trolling" postion when someone doesn't agree with them. It's pitiful. Trolling is posting to get a rise out of someone, which presupposes that the "troll" gives a crap about the other person and wants to get them mad.

i'm not trying to make any of you mad. I'm commenting on what I see as your behavior as a fellow poster and game player. If your reaction is to call that trolling, it suggest that you might have a problem (deep down) with your own belief in the matter. Good day sir.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#222 - 2013-10-09 21:09:36 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:
My relevant post got stealth deleted =(

Damned thing took forever to type.

I noticed. I blame the illuminati.
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#223 - 2013-10-09 21:12:54 UTC
All these threads which at start are created to fight for a better EVE are turning into a pathetic bickering because you all keep answering to Jenn aSide's trolling page after page. You are as idle as him or what ?
YOU ALL are giving him a huge power, the power to dirty all what we are fighting for.
It's your fault, people. Now let's all stop to answer to his provocations and you will see that the threads will start to looks intelligent beyond the first 3 pages.
I'm really upset, i can't imagine how people who spend their time to play the cunning ones because "EVE is all about being cunning" can permanently fall into Jenn aSide's traps. You cunning ? You all deserve to be scammed with Ishukone ships.
I have nothing against the fact that everyone write their opinions here, Jenn aSide included. I'm all for democraty, but democraty is not giving to one person so much space. And YOU give him so much space. By doing that, our common credibility is stained.
Or maybe through him, it's you, by answering endlessly, who want more space than the one post which should be enough to express your opinion ? Maybe Jenn aSide is only the reflection in your mirror.
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#224 - 2013-10-09 21:15:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Murk Paradox
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

Damned conspiracies!

At any rate, I think full disclosure is not something thats too large of a demand in regards to award presentations.

I mean, it's for service to the community right? Why hide it from the community to begin with?

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#225 - 2013-10-09 21:17:14 UTC
Tao Dolcino wrote:
All these threads which at start are created to fight for a better EVE are turning into a pathetic bickering because you all keep answering to Jenn aSide's trolling page after page. You are as idle as him or what ?
YOU ALL are giving him a huge power, the power to dirty all what we are fighting for.
It's your fault, people. Now let's all stop to answer to his provocations and you will see that the threads will start to looks intelligent beyond the first 3 pages.
I'm really upset, i can't imagine how people who spend their time to play the cunning ones because "EVE is all about being cunning" can permanently fall into Jenn aSide's traps. You cunning ? You all deserve to be scammed with Ishukone ships.
I have nothing against the fact that everyone write their opinions here, Jenn aSide included. I'm all for democraty, but democraty is not giving to one person so much space. And YOU give him so much space. By doing that, our common credibility is stained.
Or maybe through him, it's you, by answering endlessly, who want more space than the one post which should be enough to express your opinion ? Maybe Jenn aSide is only the reflection in your mirror.

Uh, it isn't really a trap if you aren't being disingenuous.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#226 - 2013-10-09 21:20:45 UTC
Erotica1 hit the nail on the head with her post about the Telsa company and how to handle these kinds of issues with integrity.

CCP seems to have lost what little integrity it had left post Wrangler, T20, Incarna and now this disaster.

What a shame.Oops
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#227 - 2013-10-09 21:30:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Jenn aSide wrote:
But no, you arne't entitled to fair treatment, you are entitled to that you and the other party agree to.
…and being a multiplayer game implicitly includes the entitlement to a level playing field, or it's not really an sandbox MMO any more, but rather a kiss-up-to-devs popularity contest. If that's the game CCP wants to provide, they need to alter their advertisement.

Quote:
You can voice your opinon as a customer, but so can others. As a customer, I'd like to tell CCP that I think what they did is perfectly acceptable and none of my business (also, thanks for making the game and death to high sec).

That's nice. So why aren't you doing that instead of dismissing other people's opinions and calling them silly and stupid, or instead of addressing their numerous points and concerns? Because you're doing that far more than you're telling CCP anything.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#228 - 2013-10-09 21:32:00 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Murk Paradox wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

Damned conspiracies!
Sorry about that. Your post probably got deleted as it was a reply to a post that was deleted for breaking the forum rules. And no, CCL is not part off the illustrious Illuminati, so it is not a conspiracy either.

That said, I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!
The rules:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

6. Racism and discrimination are prohibited.

Racism, gender stereotyping and hate speech are not permitted on the EVE Online Forums. Derogatory posting that includes race, religion or sexual preference based personal attacks and trolling can result in immediate suspension of forum posting privileges.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

EDIT: Additionally, moderating takes time. Next time I could lock the thread pending moderation, but as the discussion continued I thought it best to let it stay open.
11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#229 - 2013-10-09 21:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Oh cmon guyz... Can't we all just get along? Lyfe is two days and Carnival is three... le'ts all just sing YOLO with Jenacide and the Dev and pew pew on those shiny Scorpionz... Twisted
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#230 - 2013-10-09 21:36:46 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

Damned conspiracies!
Sorry about that. Your post probably got deleted as it was a reply to a post that was deleted for breaking the forum rules. And no, CCL is not part off the illustrious Illuminati, so it is not a conspiracy either.

That said, I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

As the topic is a series of gripes people have with CCP, perhaps it would be best not to hide comments of people elaborating on their issues with CCP and specific actions CCP has taken, as those don't fall under any of the rules you just quoted. I'm quite peeved at the actions CCP took here, and you deleting my and other's description of why is ... counterproductive ... in a thread that's been started to try and have a discussion with the community on the issue.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#231 - 2013-10-09 21:37:08 UTC
But trolling is a art.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#232 - 2013-10-09 21:40:47 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
But trolling is a art.

An*

Jus' sayin'

Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#233 - 2013-10-09 21:42:43 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

Killjoy.

I did have a quote in it I was replying to though.

/sigh

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#234 - 2013-10-09 21:49:33 UTC
Murk Paradox wrote:

Don't worry, it's been preserved. Blink
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#235 - 2013-10-09 21:49:38 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Symoblism (and symbols) ARE unimportant when compared to things of actual substance. This "scandal" isn't that bad, it's a private company doling out their private (imaginary) property to people they want to (unlike the t20 thing were a guy was doing unauthorized things). What's worse than what CCP has done is a community believing that their 15 bucks entitles them to a say in how the company operates. What they are entitled to is leaving if they don't like certain things.

What's worrysome is to see the ONE alliance which has always depicted themselves as a philosophy model to fall down to hi seccer butthurt standards.

I mean, in few days they proved to care for bear ships (weren't they all about disposable Drakes and such?), to feel entitled due to subs (typical hi seccer reaction: "we are PAYING CUSTOMERS) and so on.

While I previously talked about my own dislike for this CCP lack of transparency, I also see some GS unprecedented butthurt that reminds me when Incurisioneers got their cake taken away!
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#236 - 2013-10-09 21:53:12 UTC
Rhetoric.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#237 - 2013-10-09 21:54:57 UTC
Kate stark wrote:

i'd have thought that CCP of all people would have realised giving things away in secret to groups of players never ends well...

Stop over-estimating them, you'll live happier if you don't expect anything decent. When you get it, you'll be pleasantly suprised, when you don't, you will be able to say: "I knew they were bad".

And the sad thing is, that CCP is incommensurable leagues better than many other companies. Signed by someone who witnessed the umpteenth EA / BW SWTOR dramatic fiasco right in these days.
Shai 'Hulud
#238 - 2013-10-09 21:55:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Murk Paradox wrote:

I blame you P

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#239 - 2013-10-09 22:17:04 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
I just noticed... borrowing Dinsdale's tinfoil hat.. think about this:

- The CFCs last victory was largely grounded in ISK (e.g. to pay BL), or lack thereof on TEST side
- SOMER is an enitity with _a lot_ of ISK (despite some estimations beeing grossly wrong)
- TheMittani.com is basically run by Goonswarm (authors are payed by them)
- The Mittani, calling himself a Solar Spymaster, likely knew of the vacation ahead of time by himself or via a source
- The I-Scorpion issue was published on TMDC on the exact Saturday half of CCP was on vacation on the countryside
- Goonswarm members are dominating the drama threads

I am not saying I really believe this, but it sure does look very fitting...
What would happen if SOMER decided to not only sponsor AT teams or Ganked roams, but full out wars?

I am not saying this is all true.

But I am not saying it is all false either.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Tron 3K
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#240 - 2013-10-09 22:25:36 UTC
My posts get deleted yet the troll is still rampant.. go figure..