These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Octoven
Stellar Production
#1421 - 2013-10-08 12:26:57 UTC
This doesn't shock me at all, but it is very disturbing on CCP's part. If they keep this up I really may get to the point where i don't want to play this game anymore. For once it wont be because of the game but its developers. As for SOMER blink I have played it occasionally but I wont be using that site anymore. I'm boycotting and i hope more players will join me in that sentiment.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1422 - 2013-10-08 12:28:18 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Sigh, ok, I'll explain yet another thing I thought should have been obvious.

The reason we haven't stopped playing yet, and that we're continuing to play while at the same time basically shouting "what are you doing, ref! That's mental!" is because... drum roll please... we like our hobby. We like our little just-for-fun past time. Our default position is that we want to keep doing it. So when the ref makes a mental call, we don't immediately quit the thing we like doing forever - now THAT would be childish - we continue playing, but call the ref out for an obvious mistake, in the hopes that he'll realise it was wrong and to the detriment of this little hobby that we all play for fun

And that, brother, is entitlement thinking. it's why i've had to break up fights at play grounds and street basketball pick up games. Those peopel liek their hobby to, but if it aion't working, it ain't working.

This isn't an isolated incident. This has happened over and over and over again in one form or another. It will happen again and again because CCP is CCP and you lot complain rather than speak with the only language a business understands, money.

Quote:

The fact that you have repeatedly called people childish is why I pondered the possibility of trolling. How can you talk about maturity, what is worthy of an intelligent discussion, when all of your posts are laced with ad hominem and implications that you're smarter and better than everyone else? That reeks of trolling, mate

That's you reading into it (and if you think I'm implying that I'm smarter than you, it means that somewhere deep down, thats what YOU think).

I'm simply calling it like I see it. Rubbish.

It's like how people talk about what CCP is doing with "my" money when talking about DUST or some other thing. It's not your money anymore. if CCP wants to blow it all on hookers and booze in Amsterdam one day, that's their right.

Well, same here, If CCP whats to hand somer blink or anyone else 50 Jovian Navy Machariels, it's none of my business, nor is it yours. If it still bothers you, you should man up and leave.
Kate stark
#1423 - 2013-10-08 12:29:08 UTC
Bronco Platz wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Dude, I'll contract 5 scorpions to you right now. They're exactly the same as Ishscorps only the paint is slightly different. Would that make you happy?

You had actually a look at the market? You can read numbers? Or are you one of these guys, who get their Minerals for free, if you mine them yourself?

on the bright side, the 5 scorpions he will give me will be worth more than the sum total of the 30 blink received because normal scorpions refine to more than 30 trit last time i checked!

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1424 - 2013-10-08 12:35:01 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Far from it. I'd say your tinfoil mentality is just too funny.

Just because they can spawn items in silence to anyone without anyone knowing doesn't actually mean they do that on a regular basis.

Get a grip man.

"Just because the politicians stole our taxes, doesn't mean they do it on a regular basis. Get a grip guys! Shut up or get out you whiners!"
Some funny guys in here. Keep going.
Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1425 - 2013-10-08 12:40:18 UTC
Kate stark wrote:

then again you seem fine with that situation so i don't really know why you're still posting other than you'd like to demonstrate how ignorant you are?

If you think the leadership of CCP would actually consider giving out T2BPO's in secret again after the T20 scandal not only are you the actual King of Tinfoil but you're probably insane as well.

30 People who have greatly contributed to the EVE community got some free painted Scorpions. Boo ******* hoo.

Next time it will be Chribba, oh wait, im pretty sure he already got tons of stuff.

Accept that hard work pays off.

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.

Josef Djugashvilis
#1426 - 2013-10-08 12:41:03 UTC
Mycool Jahksn

And you still can't grasp the fact that CCP can do whatever they want without your permission. If you don't like it; leave. You don't want to cancel your accounts, fine. Then accept the situation and move on.

You seem to have a very limited understanding of the issue this threadnaught is about, but your tough guy - deal with it - posting just makes you seem so adorably cute and cuddly.

This is not a signature.

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1427 - 2013-10-08 12:41:37 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
...Just because they can spawn items in silence to anyone without anyone knowing doesn't actually mean...
...they should.

CCP can give anyone or any group what ever they want, but why do it in silence?

Awards/rewards are give in the open, unless there is something to hide/fear.

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#1428 - 2013-10-08 12:43:04 UTC
@Jenn aSide

Only to be sure.
If I´m dissatisfied with something, all I can do is GTFO? It is not allowed to me to point the issue, so it could be worked on to get solved?

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1429 - 2013-10-08 12:50:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Mycool Jahksn

You seem to have a very limited understanding of the issue this threadnaught is about, but your tough guy - deal with it - posting just makes you seem so adorably cute and cuddly.

Your tears taste soo good. Bring moar!

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1430 - 2013-10-08 12:53:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
...Just because they can spawn items in silence to anyone without anyone knowing doesn't actually mean...
...they should.

CCP can give anyone or any group what ever they want, but why do it in silence?

Awards/rewards are give in the open, unless there is something to hide/fear.

CCP fears what the Knights of Justice, you, will stir up because someone got rewarded for their hard work.

This threadnought would have happened anyway even if it happened in the open and you know it. Just like it did with the Golden Magnate issue, only difference is that anyone could win those and a threadnought still happened.

People in EVE are so petty and narrow minded it's insane. I for one am happy that people get rewarded for their hard work.

It's the negativity of the community that is leading this game into the Abyss. No joy is ever to be had, ever.

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#1431 - 2013-10-08 12:55:25 UTC
[ ] Mycool Jahksn got the point

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Kate stark
#1432 - 2013-10-08 12:56:16 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
This threadnought would have happened anyway even if it happened in the open and you know it.

nope.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1433 - 2013-10-08 12:58:27 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
This threadnought would have happened anyway even if it happened in the open and you know it.

nope.

Yes it would have happened. Saying no after what happened with the Golden Magnate issue only proves how incredibly stupid you are.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1434 - 2013-10-08 13:01:51 UTC
Bronco Platz wrote:
@Jenn aSide

Only to be sure.
If I´m dissatisfied with something, all I can do is GTFO? It is not allowed to me to point the issue, so it could be worked on to get solved?

After years of the same thing? Yes.

In another thread (or maybe this one) a dude used an analogy about marriage, basically saying "What, should I just up and leave and get divorced if we disagree?". My answer is yes, because once you've caught your spouse cheating, that's one thing, but when it happens OVER and OVER again with different people, you're staying makes you nothing more than a fool.

I've lost count how many times the same people have exploded in anger over something CCP did.

You know why CCP was confident enough to say" we"ll worry about what they DO instead of what they SAY" during incarna/monocle gate?

Answer, YEARS of community responses like this. Massive threadnaughts backed up by next to zero action because the participants care enough to complain or shoot digital monuments, but not enough to stop giving the game maker money.

i think this reaction is silly, but if I didn't, I'd back up my words with action. Some people claim to be unsubbing, but the real truth is they aren't or they'll be back shortly, because all this blather is just that, blather.
Kate stark
#1435 - 2013-10-08 13:03:16 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

nope.

Yes it would have happened. Saying no after what happened with the Golden Magnate issue only proves how incredibly stupid you are.

stop being so tinfoil hat, it's hilarious and your tears are delicious.

Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#1436 - 2013-10-08 13:04:11 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

nope.

The only one stupid in this thread is you!
Keep up the **** posting and proving how completely moronic you are!
At least this thread is entertaining again!

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Perfect description of the biggest problem with Eve. 

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1437 - 2013-10-08 13:04:58 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

It's the negativity of the community that is leading this game into the Abyss. No joy is ever to be had, ever.

Now adays when I think of the eve community, This comedian comes to mind.
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1438 - 2013-10-08 13:05:21 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

If you think the leadership of CCP would actually consider giving out T2BPO's in secret again after the T20 scandal not only are you the actual King of Tinfoil but you're probably insane as well.

30 People who have greatly contributed to the EVE community got some free painted Scorpions. Boo ******* hoo.

Next time it will be Chribba, oh wait, im pretty sure he already got tons of stuff.

Accept that hard work pays off.

Maybe you should understand the T20 scandal before using it in this context.

How have they greatly contrbuted to the Eve community ?

Got a link of Chribba getting his tons of stuff ?

Hard work does pay off, Somer's corp gets a buttload of isk off other people through running a lottery, the content they provide is basically encouraging people to buy a plex and put the isk from that plex right into Somer's own wallet.

Sponsorship of events is not creating content unless they actually organise they whole thing it is marketing and advertising money.

Oswald Bolke
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1439 - 2013-10-08 13:06:22 UTC
I'm formerly tendering my request for BNI to be given 30 of these ships as well, for the purpose of us laughing whilst losing them in a rain of fire. Just think of the service we provide the community, not only do we give a mumble for spys to hang out in, we also provide valuable cannon fodder in lowsec or null. Alongside this, we take anybody we can find and have half the trial accounts in the game currently enrolled.

as a tertiary role, we are a repository of extra cash given away as pointless war-decs.

So CCP, Where are our special edition battleships?

Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#1440 - 2013-10-08 13:07:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
We can as a last resort give EVE online the "santorum" treatment. For those that don't know that's where we create a webpage highlighting the dev misdeeds and outline why people who believe in fairplay and integrity should avoid playing the game and we google bomb it to the top of the search ratings.