These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1401 - 2013-10-08 12:01:29 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Game changing amounts of isk? 600 bil? Are you insane?

As others have already pointed out, this is enough to replace every ship lost in the last Delve war. I'd call that game-changing.

Quote:
I'd completely understand if this was BPO's because people want bpo's. Who, in their right mind buys a Ish Scorp? Prices on those will drop rapidly now that CCP has stated that they will be given out again.

Except that at the time CCP spawned these in the game, nobody knew that they're about to become common. At that time, they were worth 20b ISK each. And Somer had enough time to sell them before the price dropped. CCP was artificially increaing their price by witholding information.

Quote:
They are only worth isk to collectors, to me, they are garbage.

Fine, give me a Leviathan then. They are only worth ISK to caldari titan pilots, to rest they are garbage.
Kate stark
#1402 - 2013-10-08 12:02:34 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
And you still can't grasp the fact that CCP can do whatever they want without your permission. If you don't like it; leave. You don't want to cancel your accounts, fine. Then accept the situation and move on.

no, i totally understand that. that doesn't mean we have to accept it, however. it's perfectly reasonable for us to say "wait, that's not right. that shouldn't be happening."

why is every one's response "if you don't like it: leave"?

how about i don't leave, how about i stay, voice my opinion and attempt to make the game better. i don't want to quit, i love eve. put up or shut up is not a solution it's just ******* ********.

if you don't like people trying to improve the game that's fine, don't come in here posting complete crap because you don't understand the situation and then end with "put up or shut" when all we're trying to do is improve the game we love.

we post because we care, and you're just trolling because you're quite frankly ignorant of the situation and clearly don't give a damn. if you don't have anything better to do than troll when we're trying to improve something that we love then i honestly have nothing but pity for you.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1403 - 2013-10-08 12:07:47 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
And you still can't grasp the fact that CCP can do whatever they want without your permission. If you don't like it; leave. You don't want to cancel your accounts, fine. Then accept the situation and move on.

However CCP has shown many times that they're willing to change their decisions after player input and discussion. This thread is providing exactly that: players expressing that they're unhappy with the events.

Quitting now would be premature, as we have yet to hear anything official from CCP. We don't know how they will react. For all we know they could reverse this giveaway tomorrow. Quitting without a word is a childish reaction. Being open to discussion, stating our problems and wanting to hear the other side's story is mature.
Bizzaro Stormy MurphDog
B.L.U.E L.A.S.E.R.
#1404 - 2013-10-08 12:08:01 UTC
Abdiel Kavash wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Game changing amounts of isk? 600 bil? Are you insane?

As others have already pointed out, this is enough to replace every ship lost in the last Delve war. I'd call that game-changing.

Quote:
I'd completely understand if this was BPO's because people want bpo's. Who, in their right mind buys a Ish Scorp? Prices on those will drop rapidly now that CCP has stated that they will be given out again.

Except that at the time CCP spawned these in the game, nobody knew that they're about to become common. At that time, they were worth 20b ISK each. And Somer had enough time to sell them before the price dropped. CCP was artificially increaing their price by witholding information.

Quote:
They are only worth isk to collectors, to me, they are garbage.

Fine, give me a Leviathan then. They are only worth ISK to caldari titan pilots, to rest they are garbage.

Dude, you already destroyed what passed for Mycool's argument when you called his bluff and he bailed. Let the poor pubbie fade away . . .

I am not an alt of Chribba.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1405 - 2013-10-08 12:10:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Big difference. A Leviathan is actually useful, a Scorpion is just a Scorpion.

Also, what do you think would happen if they flooded the market with 30 Ish scorps? It's not like people are buying those that already were available on the market at 14 bil isk. Using that value to describe the item value on each of those 30 Ishscorps is wrong because it would take a year to sell all of those at that price.

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1406 - 2013-10-08 12:11:27 UTC
Kate stark wrote:

Because they have been conditioned to never ask any question, to never think. They blindly follow what the guy in (pick your favourit) chasuble, military uniform, white coat, suit and tie... say. That way, they can be endlessly exploited and fooled without ever rebeling.
Kate stark
#1407 - 2013-10-08 12:11:50 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Big difference. A Leviathan is actually useful, a Scorption is just a Scorpion.

Also, what do you think would happen if they flooded the market with 30 Ish scorps? It's not like people are buying those on the market at 14 bil isk. Using that value to describe the item value is wrong because it would take a year to sell all of those at that price.

except you can sell the scorpion and purchase things that are useful. not to mention there's no limits on what ccp can spawn to players, and therein is half of the issue and subsequent danger.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1408 - 2013-10-08 12:13:05 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

no, i totally understand that. that doesn't mean we have to accept it, however. it's perfectly reasonable for us to say "wait, that's not right. that shouldn't be happening."

how about i don't leave, how about i stay, voice my opinion and attempt to make the game better. i don't want to quit, i love eve. put up or shut up is not a solution it's just ******* ********.

if you don't like people trying to improve the game that's fine, don't come in here posting complete crap because you don't understand the situation and then end with "put up or shut" when all we're trying to do is improve the game we love.

we post because we care, and you're just trolling because you're quite frankly ignorant of the situation and clearly don't give a damn. if you don't have anything better to do than troll when we're trying to improve something that we love then i honestly have nothing but pity for you.

Dude, I'll contract 5 scorpions to you right now. They're exactly the same as Ishscorps only the paint is slightly different. Would that make you happy?

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1409 - 2013-10-08 12:14:25 UTC
I think he is stuck in the Somer fanboi rut atm and too blinkered to see past it.
Kate stark
#1410 - 2013-10-08 12:15:02 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

Dude, I'll contract 5 scorpions to you right now. They're exactly the same as Ishscorps only the paint is slightly different. Would that make you happy?

that reply doesn't even make sense but if you want to give me 5 scorpions, go ahead?

you still seem to be unable to grasp the point that the scorpions are irrelevant in this discussion. nobody cares about them, or about blink.

Kate stark
#1411 - 2013-10-08 12:15:42 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
I think he is stuck in the Somer fanboi rut atm and too blinkered to see past it.

i'm not even sure he's a blink fanboy.
i think he's just genuinely unable to read.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1412 - 2013-10-08 12:16:53 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Big difference. A Leviathan is actually useful, a Scorption is just a Scorpion.

Also, what do you think would happen if they flooded the market with 30 Ish scorps? It's not like people are buying those on the market at 14 bil isk. Using that value to describe the item value is wrong because it would take a year to sell all of those at that price.

except you can sell the scorpion and purchase things that are useful. not to mention there's no limits on what ccp can spawn to players, and therein is half of the issue and subsequent danger.

Copy pasted from my other post:

what do you think would happen if they flooded the market with 30 Ish scorps? It's not like people are buying those that already were available on the market at 14 bil isk. Using that value to describe the item value on each of those 30 Ishscorps is wrong because it would take a year to sell all of those at that price.

Suddenly, those ships would be valued at around 2 bil. Far from what the latest Delve war costed.

Also, 600 bil is pretty weak if you ask me. Do you actually mean to tell me that my total ingame assets are worth 20% of what that war costed in total? I think someone needs to find the trigger.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1413 - 2013-10-08 12:19:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:

Far from it. I'd say your tinfoil mentality is just too funny.

Just because they can spawn items in silence to anyone without anyone knowing doesn't actually mean they do that on a regular basis.

Get a grip man.

If they actually did that on a regular basis, spawning items of actual value such as T2BPOs and whatnot, then that would be a cause for concern. Spawning 30 Scorpions for Blink is just meh. It's a joke.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1414 - 2013-10-08 12:19:11 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just find a new ref.

LOL. How many space-themed sandboxes do you think are out there? I know there's Vendetta but that's about it.

That's excuse making.

You have no constitutional or human right to a "space themed sandbox". CCp isn't enslaving you, making you play EVE. People who say that are trying to justify whining.

If the game (or in this case, game maker) keeps F'ing up, tell them they are (once) and if that doesn't work, move on. At least that's how it would work in a rational world. But in this world, CCP has done the same things over and over (and somehow keeps surprising you people when CCP does the same things over and over) and yet you keep subbing. You are PAYING to be abused.

I'm not. I like EVE and I don't mind that a mostly Icelandic company has strange and different ways than I do, nor did i by into the "expectation" that they will some how play fair with folks beyond allowing access to their game for money. So I'm staying because them giving inferior scorps to someone doesn't matter to me (nor does their secrecy matter to me, I'm a customer, not a stock holder).

But you folks should put up or shut up.
Kate stark
#1415 - 2013-10-08 12:19:14 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Copy pasted from my other post:

what do you think would happen if they flooded the market with 30 Ish scorps? It's not like people are buying those that already were available on the market at 14 bil isk. Using that value to describe the item value on each of those 30 Ishscorps is wrong because it would take a year to sell all of those at that price.

Suddenly, those ships would be valued at around 2 bil. Far from what the latest Delve war costed.

Also, 600 bil is pretty weak if you ask me. Do you actually mean to tell me that my total ingame assets are worth 20% of what that war costed in total? I think someone needs to find the trigger.

oh look, you've pasted the same irrelevant comment again.

Kate stark
#1416 - 2013-10-08 12:19:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Kate stark
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:

Just because they can spawn items in silence to anyone without anyone knowing doesn't actually mean they do that on a regular basis.

Get a grip man.

because CCP have never done it before, correct?

oh and, you're wrong. more than just blink have been recipients of scorpions, which means yes they have done it on a regular basis.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1417 - 2013-10-08 12:22:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:

Get a grip man.

They have. Doesn't mean it happens everyday. Get a grip.

Petition to get your name changed to Tinfoil King.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1418 - 2013-10-08 12:24:14 UTC
"It's okay officer, I only murdered a man once. It doesn't happen every day."
Kate stark
#1419 - 2013-10-08 12:25:06 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Mra Rednu wrote:

Get a grip man.

They have. Doesn't mean it happens everyday. Get a grip.

Petition to get your name changed to Tinfoil King.

let's assume they don't do it every day; the very fact that they have done is more than enough justification for us to have a legitimate concern that it could happen again without it being "tinfoil hattery".

then again you seem fine with that situation so i don't really know why you're still posting other than you'd like to demonstrate how ignorant you are?

Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#1420 - 2013-10-08 12:25:07 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

You had actually a look at the market? You can read numbers? Or are you one of these guys, who get their Minerals for free, if you mine them yourself?

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.