These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP Shills on the CSM

First post First post
Author
Kate stark
#301 - 2013-10-08 09:36:51 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Malacanis is doing a pretty good job of expressing my view point.

your viewpoint is that you're also totally oblivious to the issue?

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Signal11th
#302 - 2013-10-08 09:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Kate stark wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:
Why would you expect any less? They traded in their player advocate hats a long time ago in exchange for ~improved access~ (fat lot of good it did them here, hey?). Don't let the election fool you, they don't represent players anymore. For all intents and purposes, they are CCP employees, with the only notable distinction being that they're dumb enough to work without pay for a for-profit corporation.

*sips mojito

i'll admit, i only took a brief glance at the last page of this thread.

but at a glance, i guess you've decided to come back and troll rather than actually address the player concerns?
still, it seems to be more than CCP are doing right now.

No offence but it seems to be the same people over and over instead of a majority of people.... I'm not a fan of what they have done but I'm sure if I had received one of these ships I'd have been happy., I haven't and to be honest I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I'm not sure why Somer need these ships as they probably have more money than anyone in the game but it's CCP's decision to make not yours or mine.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Kate stark
#303 - 2013-10-08 09:42:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kate stark
Signal11th wrote:
No offence but it seems to be the same people over and over instead of a majority of people.... I'm not a fan of what they have done but I'm sure if I had received one of these ships I'd have been happy., I haven't and to be honest I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

obviously, who wouldn't be happy if they'd been given a fist full of isk from their buddies at CCP?

not that any of that changes the fact that malcanis has missed the point, every time he posts.

i'll illustrate the point, again.
nobody cares that blink got ships
nobody cares that scorpions were handed out.
people are upset because ccp giving anything they want, to any one they feel, without a word about it is a massively bad idea.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#304 - 2013-10-08 09:43:45 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

obviously, who wouldn't be happy if they'd been given a fist full of isk from their buddies at CCP?

not that any of that changes the fact that malcanis has missed the point, every time he posts.

Simply because you believe it so does not make it fact.
Kate stark
#305 - 2013-10-08 09:44:57 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

Simply because you believe it so does not make it fact.

no, him missing the point every post makes it fact.

Signal11th
#306 - 2013-10-08 09:48:04 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

What can he do? He may or may not have resgistered his misgivings about it but apart from that what can he do?
He can agree with what's happened or disagree. If people aren't happy then they will vote next time as to which direction they aren't happy with.

There's not point going over the same stuff trying to get him to change his viewpoint if he isn't inclined to do it. The CSM is there in it's entiritey to reflect the majority viewpoint of the playerbase. If you are having no luck with one CSM rep try another one....

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#307 - 2013-10-08 09:48:54 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:
Why would you expect any less? They traded in their player advocate hats a long time ago in exchange for ~improved access~ (fat lot of good it did them here, hey?). Don't let the election fool you, they don't represent players anymore. For all intents and purposes, they are CCP employees, with the only notable distinction being that they're dumb enough to work without pay for a for-profit corporation.

*sips mojito

Thanks for your input. Roll

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#308 - 2013-10-08 09:48:56 UTC
Thus demonstrating why you are completely missing our points. That just because he disagrees does not mean he is 'missing the point' nor does it mean he's some CCP mouthpiece. It means he has an opinion. And simply repeating 'you are missing the point' is not going to change it. Logic might if you can find the right logic.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#309 - 2013-10-08 09:50:47 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Thus demonstrating why you are completely missing our points. That just because he disagrees does not mean he is 'missing the point' nor does it mean he's some CCP mouthpiece. It means he has an opinion. And simply repeating 'you are missing the point' is not going to change it. Logic might if you can find the right logic.

Yeah no.
He is missing the point.
Whether it's willfully or not is hard to say.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kate stark
#310 - 2013-10-08 09:50:54 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
What can he do? He may or may not have resgistered his misgivings about it but apart from that what can he do?
He can agree with what's happened or disagree. If people aren't happy then they will vote next time as to which direction they aren't happy with.

There's not point going over the same stuff trying to get him to change his viewpoint if he isn't inclined to do it. The CSM is there in it's entiritey to reflect the majority viewpoint of the playerbase. If you are having no luck with one CSM rep try another one...

i shouldn't have to have "luck" with the CSM members understanding an issue, regardless of their viewpoint towards the issue.

Kate stark
#311 - 2013-10-08 09:52:26 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

considering he's yet to comment on the issue, it's unknown where he actually stands.

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#312 - 2013-10-08 09:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Snow Axe
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Yeah no.
He is missing the point.

Spoiler alert: He doesn't give a **** because it doesn't matter what he thinks because CCP is going to do whatever they want anyway. Malcanis is a lot of things, but stupid or slow he isn't.

It's a wonderful misdirection he's part of, though, whether he even realizes he's part of it or not. Keep everyone arguing about the CSM and their role and who thinks what instead of keeping the vitriol pointed where it should be.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Kate stark
#313 - 2013-10-08 09:55:56 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Yeah no.
He is missing the point.

Spoiler alert: He doesn't give a **** because it doesn't matter what he thinks because CCP is going to do whatever they want anyway.

It's a wonderful misdirection he's part of, though, whether he even realizes he's part of it or not. Keep everyone arguing about the CSM and their role and who thinks what instead of keeping the vitriol pointed where it should be.

thankfully we have a nearly 70 page thread keeping to the point.
shame within those 70 pages there are 0 ccp replies.

Signal11th
#314 - 2013-10-08 10:01:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

There's not point going over the same stuff trying to get him to change his viewpoint if he isn't inclined to do it. The CSM is there in it's entiritey to reflect the majority viewpoint of the playerbase. If you are having no luck with one CSM rep try another one...

i shouldn't have to have "luck" with the CSM members understanding an issue, regardless of their viewpoint towards the issue.

??? Why not, I've have a viewpoint about something in my street that I have brought up with my local councillor, have I had any luck with it...no I haven't, so next year I'll be voting for someone else.

You have presented your opinion he obviously doesn't agree/care with/about it so move on and vote/talk for/to someone else.

I don't agree with what they have done as already noted.

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#315 - 2013-10-08 10:03:48 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
thankfully we have a nearly 70 page thread keeping to the point.
shame within those 70 pages there are 0 ccp replies.

And if one comes, it'll be wholly unsatisfying. They always are.

Want to speak a language they understand? Cancel your sub, and make it very clear why. Maybe try to organize others so they do the same. Make a thing about it in the outside gaming media (they're lazy as ****, so if you do the work for them they'll run with it).

Of course, this begs the question: do you care enough about this issue to bother? Any sad sack can post on a forum over and over again. Do you want to actually take a stand on a thing, or is this all hot air?

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Othran
Route One
#316 - 2013-10-08 10:06:04 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Snow Axe wrote:

*sips mojito

i'll admit, i only took a brief glance at the last page of this thread.

but at a glance, i guess you've decided to come back and troll rather than actually address the player concerns?
still, it seems to be more than CCP are doing right now.

That's pretty much all he ever does, I gave up reading his drivel months ago.
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#317 - 2013-10-08 10:06:49 UTC
Malcanis- "...I said I thought the lack of transparency was not the best way..."

Kate stark wrote:
i'll illustrate the point, again.
nobody cares that blink got ships
nobody cares that scorpions were handed out.
people are upset because ccp giving anything they want, to any one they feel, without a word about it is a massively bad idea.

Isn't transparency the issue and didn't Malcanis disagree with how it was done?
Kate stark
#318 - 2013-10-08 10:07:49 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

??? Why not, I've have a viewpoint about something in my street that I have brought up with my local councillor, have I had any luck with it...no I haven't, so next year I'll be voting for someone else.

You have presented your opinion he obviously doesn't agree/care with/about it so move on and vote/talk for/to someone else.

if he didn't agree, that would be fine.
however he has systematically demonstrated that he doesn't *understand* the issue.

at least ripard demonstrated he understood the issue.

Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#319 - 2013-10-08 10:09:55 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
however he has systematically demonstrated that he doesn't *understand* the issue.

Why do you care if he understands or not? What purpose does any of this serve, aside from propagating the myth that the CSM has, or will ever have, a say in anything like this?

Signal11th
#320 - 2013-10-08 10:11:31 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Signal11th wrote:

Again, talk to something else then? If I have a problem with my car I don't go and talk to a plumber. It's a group of people on the CSM not all of them understand every aspect of the world of EVE so try someone who you think does.