These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1361 - 2013-10-08 08:02:58 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

i bolded the part thats important. you people didn't stop playing with the ref, your still playing while runnning up and down the street comploaining about how unfair it is and that ref will cause the end of the world.

I'm sorry that CCP giving some people some crap ships makes the game less fun for you. It does not for me.

But please, for the love of all that's good, stop descending to the level of the idiots we all usually laugh at. No one is trolling you, no one is trying to get a response from you. Even suggesting thyatr is unworthy of an intelligent man.

We disagree and think that your reaction is silly. It's not being any kind of CCP white knight or fanboi, we're not on SOMERs payroll. We simply think all of this is stupid.

We're pointing out to you that your reaction is silly, the same way we'd point it out to the guy playing a non-professional pick up game of soccer who ended up punching the ref in the mouth and getting hauled off to jail for assault, all of something that just doesn't matter one bit. Just find a new ref.

Sigh, ok, I'll explain yet another thing I thought should have been obvious.

The reason we haven't stopped playing yet, and that we're continuing to play while at the same time basically shouting "what are you doing, ref! That's mental!" is because... drum roll please... we like our hobby. We like our little just-for-fun past time. Our default position is that we want to keep doing it. So when the ref makes a mental call, we don't immediately quit the thing we like doing forever - now THAT would be childish - we continue playing, but call the ref out for an obvious mistake, in the hopes that he'll realise it was wrong and to the detriment of this little hobby that we all play for fun

The fact that you have repeatedly called people childish is why I pondered the possibility of trolling. How can you talk about maturity, what is worthy of an intelligent discussion, when all of your posts are laced with ad hominem and implications that you're smarter and better than everyone else? That reeks of trolling, mate
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1362 - 2013-10-08 08:08:42 UTC
Sparky999 wrote:
I mean as far as im conserned as long as it doesn't effect my gameplay then it really shouldn't matter.

It may not affect your game play today, but we all play in the same sandbox. If CCP decide to give someone billions of isk, they give that person an advantage over everybody else.

They give someone a ship which he sells, and use the money to kick start his market manipulation career, which again enables him to make even more isk. This would never had been possible without CCP intervention, and in the end you don't what he will do with the isk he has earned.

If that person decided to spend it all on building a new high sec awoxing empire, you may be affected by the reward he initially revived from CCP. The isk CCP has given someone today, are still going to be in their wallet for the rest of their eve career.

CCP made the butterfly effect video, to explain how player actions within the sandbox affect other players, that video explain why CCP can't secretly give isk to selected individuals.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Riyal
invidious Squid
#1363 - 2013-10-08 08:30:14 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Anomaly One wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just find a new ref.

LOL. How many space-themed sandboxes do you think are out there? I know there's Vendetta but that's about it.

We shouldn't have to leave eve.. WTF Shocked

Checkmate

Eve is only a game, is a good game and unique in many ways, but its only a form of entertainment.

If CCP do not want to run their game in a professional way then there are many other companies that will gladly accept more customers.

Personally I have a stack of steam sale games that I have yet to play.

In hindsight my post should have had more psssshhhh

embrel
BamBam Inc.
#1364 - 2013-10-08 08:35:06 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

The same can be said for every unique item ever given. That being the case I assume you have an issue with the Alliance tournament ships as well?

there's the slight difference of communication. It's public knowledge how you can try to get such a tournament ship.

If CCP wants to hand out things to contributors, fine, that can be good PR.

Doing it in secret on the basis of some criteria no-one knows is doing it wrong and leads to players feeling that there's favoritism in-game. This is bad PR and even dangerous.

it's not about being jealous, but about how a company is managed. Not my business you say, well, you're right. The way CCP has chosen was silly nonetheless and I do have personal issues with mismanagement.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1365 - 2013-10-08 08:42:23 UTC
dexington wrote:
Sparky999 wrote:
I mean as far as im conserned as long as it doesn't effect my gameplay then it really shouldn't matter.

It may not affect your game play today, but we all play in the same sandbox. If CCP decide to give someone billions of isk, they give that person an advantage over everybody else.

They give someone a ship which he sells, and use the money to kick start his market manipulation career, which again enables him to make even more isk. This would never had been possible without CCP intervention...

no really
1) he could loan it from friends
2) he could sell PLEX
3) he could scam
4) ....
5) 1001 more ideas where to get ISK

So in the end he got these ISK from CCP. Yes, i'm jelly too but.... In RL we have people who "has it all" and who doesn't. This is how we live.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1366 - 2013-10-08 08:57:26 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
dexington wrote:
Sparky999 wrote:

They give someone a ship which he sells, and use the money to kick start his market manipulation career, which again enables him to make even more isk. This would never had been possible without CCP intervention...

no really
2) he could sell PLEX
3) he could scam
4) ....

So in the end he got these ISK from CCP. Yes, i'm jelly too but.... In RL we have people who "has it all" and who doesn't. This is how we live.

The problem is the 6 option, get the isk from CCP. Option 1 to 5 is all based on someone working to make isk, playing by the in-game rules. The 6 option is based on promoting the game, and getting something from CCP.

I did something out of game, so CCP secretly gives me a big pile of isk in-game. It would be okay in most other mmo's, it just don't work in eve.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

John Tomplin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1367 - 2013-10-08 09:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: John Tomplin
I imagine this is the sort of thing that would have gone down at a staff meeting. Its not some shady back dealing of a few CCP guys of course. I myself believe
1. that I can't have any expectation to be privy to the internal workings of CCP (fat chance, its just not happening)
2. In addition, gratuities and handshakes are a big part of business. I don't know if it was done best, or what options were available I wasn't at that meeting.

I don't buy claims to the contrary but with those two points made. My only trifle is a lot of money was exchanged in a way that made a lot of players feel alienated it seems. Fundraising is important for player operated initiatives and this sort of thing really spits in the soup when contributions are held back for fear of what will be said about who gave them, and what conspiracy was going on.

I for one, enjoy the Eve fiction and illustrated fiction that could be seen in an organized publication, and would like to support any projects that produce the type of content that would be seen there. Fundraising may be in my future, and getting ISK from EVE players is already like pulling teeth....

People really do get overly excited though. Some people get a company car. These guys got a ship in a game, and the price was one small car for their entire website. The fallout is its all over the EVE community for the last month. We will kill them off, for sure. The force will be made whole again. There are just many cakes, and in the future I hope CCP will not try to have and eat them all at the same time.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Teacher Part One novella in progress! Comments are welcome at John's EVE Fiction forum post for his novella. Keep writing and fly dangerous!
corbexx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1368 - 2013-10-08 09:44:32 UTC
so are we attually going to get a ccp responce?
Kate stark
#1369 - 2013-10-08 09:45:46 UTC
corbexx wrote:
so are we attually going to get a ccp responce?

yeah we got it days ago on some gaming site i never new existed.

scorp refines in to 1 trit, it's nbd.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#1370 - 2013-10-08 09:49:18 UTC
Cool, but is that 1 unit of trit still worth 15 bil ?
Kate stark
#1371 - 2013-10-08 09:54:39 UTC
Mra Rednu wrote:
Cool, but is that 1 unit of trit still worth 15 bil ?

if some one miss-clicks, it could be.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#1372 - 2013-10-08 10:23:17 UTC
dexington wrote:
March rabbit wrote:
dexington wrote:
Sparky999 wrote:

no really
2) he could sell PLEX
3) he could scam
4) ....

The problem is the 6 option, get the isk from CCP. Option 1 to 5 is all based on someone working to make isk, playing by the in-game rules. The 6 option is based on promoting the game, and getting something from CCP.

I did something out of game, so CCP secretly gives me a big pile of isk in-game. It would be okay in most other mmo's, it just don't work in eve.

Sadly you're right. Isk spawned from nowhere which could create an butterfly effect especially in the market sector.
Bad CCP bad. But they know that, think it's about time we get a response and move on. This has lasted long enough.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1373 - 2013-10-08 10:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project's Alt
Cierra Royce wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
This thread now turned into the thread of lots of spoiled little kids...

So many kids complaining about how the other guys soup is better,
but at the same time refusing to leave the table out of protest.

"I shouldn't have to unsub"

Decadent, spoiled masses.
May CCP never give in. You don't deserve it.

That basically was Jester's point in a nutshell, Shut up or GTFO.

No point in trying to persuade anyone they are wrong kinda attitude, just ride this train and you don't complain about the conductor pissing in your soup whilst giving some other dude he likes champagne, super fine soup and caviar, if you don't like it get the **** off at the next stop.

No replacement soup and no conductor getting a severe beating to put an end to his shenanigans.

However, CCP have seen the error of their ways on many occasions following player protest and complaint, doesn't always happen immediately, and doesn't help that certain player councillors appear to be running interference for them these days, but why just give up without a fight?
Please snap back to reality.
It's a forum.
You write text.

You are *not* putting up a fight !

If you were to put up a fight, in context, you *would* unsub,
because that would seriously get their attention.

Text in a forum doesn't.
As you can see.

You're crybabies, nothing more. If you were serious,
there would be some *real* consequences for CCP.

All you people are are spoiled, decadent children.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Kate stark
#1374 - 2013-10-08 11:00:04 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Please snap back to reality.
It's a forum.
You write text.

You are *not* putting up a fight !

If you were to put up a fight, in context, you *would* unsub,
because that's an aggressive act. Text in a forum isn't.

You're crybabies, nothing more. If you were serious,
there would be some *real* consequences for CCP.

All you people are are spoiled, decadent children.

reality? the reality is we don't want to leave the game, we love it.
however equally; we aren't going to sit by and say nothing while ccp does something dumb.

we don't want to have a knee-jerk reaction and unsub all of our accounts because ccp got something wrong. we'd rather say "hey ccp, you ****** up, what are you going to do about it?" and then if that goes unanswered or we're given an unsatisfactory answer, THEN is the time to unsub, and not a moment before.

spoiled crybabies will unsub and provide "real" consequences the moment things don't go their way; people with a bit more maturity on the other hand will open a dialogue and see if the issue can be resolved before taking other actions.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1375 - 2013-10-08 11:03:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Mycool Jahksn
BOO HOO CCP spawned some useless ships again. That's cute.

CCP manifest specifically stated that:

Quote:
The IshScorp was never meant to be limited at all or "capped" at a certain number--hence why it only refines for 1 Trit and is worse gameplay-wise than the normal Scorpion. There will be more given out in the future by the comm team and others (I will likely give out some some via social and through PR) and I am sure the price will go down--kinda like the pirate noobie frigs we gave out at events.

You all should get out more. This only hurts people who invested in Ish scorps thinking they'd get more valuable. Bad investment, happens all the time.

Also, do you really think Chribba hasn't received ANYTHING at all from CCP for all his work? Really? REALLY? Are you really that dumb to think that SOMER is the only organization that has gotten recognition from CCP over the years?

Move on.

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1376 - 2013-10-08 11:07:24 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

Exactly. I'll add that if you don't move your as* to fight against unfairness at such a relative small scale, then you will certainly not move it neither when you will witness something bigger. It's a question of ethic, justice, moral, conscientiousness... you name it.
It's as important in the details as in the big picture. If you don't feel that anymore, then you are losing your humanity.
John Tomplin
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1377 - 2013-10-08 11:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: John Tomplin
People have an exaggerated sense of how fast CCP ought to respond to things, but if they start alienating the base of players they draw upon for ISD volunteers, for example, it won't do them any good.

Most of the people on this thread are trying to better the game of EVE I would hope, and I am not sure labelling an entire thread "spoiled" and "crybabies" does that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devaluation_(psychology)

____________________________________________________________________________________
The Teacher Part One novella in progress! Comments are welcome at John's EVE Fiction forum post for his novella. Keep writing and fly dangerous!
Kate stark
#1378 - 2013-10-08 11:10:35 UTC
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

that's also not the issue.

Mycool Jahksn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1379 - 2013-10-08 11:21:04 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Mycool Jahksn wrote:

that's also not the issue.

Doesn't matter wether the issue is that CCP secretly donated them or if it's the monetary value of said items. They suck, they are not T2 BPO's that u actually can put to good use.

You are free to leave. Cancel your accounts, buh bye.

My interests include but are not limited to throwing rocks at bee hives.

There are more stars in the universe than all of the grains of sand on earth.

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1380 - 2013-10-08 11:22:07 UTC
Sparky999 wrote:

Ok yes, I can see where some of you are coming from when you say they shouldn't have tried to hide it, but does it really effect how you play the game? I don't really think so. I think you guys will live from not getting free stuff.

Yes, it can affect you. Say CCP gave someone 500b ISK and that someone bought up 500b in dreads and carriers and then gave them all to your worst enemy. How do you think that affects your game? I would assume quite negatively.