These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#1341 - 2013-10-08 02:56:55 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Where does the "secrecy" come into play? I see Somer asking for secrecy but not ccp

ccp clearly agreed to do it under the table.

This is pure guesswork unless someone can prove Navigator asked for it to be done in secrecy
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#1342 - 2013-10-08 03:23:09 UTC
Just hit me that CCP employees who play in secret (as required) may not really understand the value of isk. Do they get their side accounts for free or do they have to really join the rest of us in forking up cash each month or working our asses off to PLEX?

Root of evil?
Naradius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1343 - 2013-10-08 03:42:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Naradius
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Kate stark wrote:
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Where does the "secrecy" come into play? I see Somer asking for secrecy but not ccp

ccp clearly agreed to do it under the table.

This is pure guesswork unless someone can prove Navigator asked for it to be done in secrecy

This is true, although it does seem to have been a conscious decision by CCP to keep things quiet.
From the time line it seems that these gifts were given before the shitstorm of the magnets and vexor prizes. There was a big announcement from CCP about that, but they chose to still be quiet about the Scorps.

Anyway after considerable consideration, I've decided to develop an Evebook website, with plex to play Amarrville and Caldari Crush plex to play games. Set up my own plex selling store, and every time somebody buys through that store, they get an extra life bonus on games. People will be able to invite friends to play for a bonus (based on standings). Obviously this will create mind numbing addiction, which will, in turn, create plenty of isk for me, but more importantly for CCP Twisted. I should be on to a winner.

Of course, there will be advertising on my site, based on peoples browsing habits...so I should make quite a bit from SOMERBlink as well Pirate.

Any gifts that I receive, will be gratefully accepted (not that I will tell you reprobates and low lifes about itRoll), which I will dully sell on the in-game market for billions and billions and billions.

Edit to say: Of course once I sell my special and secret gifts from CCP, on the market, I will then purchase my "It wasn't like I was given a TII BPO" TII BPO....because any idiot should realise that a 20bill one trit, hanger ornamant, is still 20bill...and with 30 of them...ooooooooooooooooooooh :P

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Lady Areola Fappington
#1344 - 2013-10-08 03:42:31 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Just hit me that CCP employees who play in secret (as required) may not really understand the value of isk. Do they get their side accounts for free or do they have to really join the rest of us in forking up cash each month or working our asses off to PLEX?

Root of evil?

I can't state specifically for CCP of course, but I've had a few friends work in-house for reasonably large MMOG companies. Their policy was, in-house staff got accounts free, and could get "stuff" spawned for their chars, within reason.

No super rare game breaking things on the "play" chars, but it typically wasn't an issue to fire off an E-mail with "Hey, can you set me up with a lvl 90 Death Magician with typical gear for the level? Don't feel like grinding"

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1345 - 2013-10-08 04:10:58 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

i bolded the part thats important. you people didn't stop playing with the ref, your still playing while runnning up and down the street comploaining about how unfair it is and that ref will cause the end of the world.

I'm sorry that CCP giving some people some crap ships makes the game less fun for you. It does not for me.

But please, for the love of all that's good, stop descending to the level of the idiots we all usually laugh at. No one is trolling you, no one is trying to get a response from you. Even suggesting thyatr is unworthy of an intelligent man.

We disagree and think that your reaction is silly. It's not being any kind of CCP white knight or fanboi, we're not on SOMERs payroll. We simply think all of this is stupid.

We're pointing out to you that your reaction is silly, the same way we'd point it out to the guy playing a non-professional pick up game of soccer who ended up punching the ref in the mouth and getting hauled off to jail for assault, all of something that just doesn't matter one bit. Just find a new ref.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1346 - 2013-10-08 04:14:19 UTC
Well I've let my alt sub expire. I see no reason to continue skilling up my industrial alt when CCP can give my competition hundreds of billions of free ISK. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game, no?
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1347 - 2013-10-08 04:17:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaivar Lancer
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just find a new ref.

LOL. How many space-themed sandboxes do you think are out there? I know there's Vendetta but that's about it.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1348 - 2013-10-08 04:19:16 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
How many space-themed sandboxes do you think are out there?

as far as MMOs with at least 10,000 players online throughout most of the day? none, since about a year ago or so

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1349 - 2013-10-08 04:25:49 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just find a new ref.

LOL. How many space-themed sandboxes do you think are out there? I know there's Vendetta but that's about it.

We shouldn't have to leave eve.. WTF Shocked

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1350 - 2013-10-08 04:41:05 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Just find a new ref.

We shouldn't have to leave eve.. WTF Shocked

Checkmate

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1351 - 2013-10-08 06:33:47 UTC
This thread now turned into the thread of lots of spoiled little kids...

So many kids complaining about how the other guys soup is better,
but at the same time refusing to leave the table out of protest.

"I shouldn't have to unsub"

Decadent, spoiled masses.
May CCP never give in. You don't deserve it.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1352 - 2013-10-08 07:01:04 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

It might be filled with spoiled kids, but i see self righteous hipsters taking over in the near future....

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1353 - 2013-10-08 07:04:53 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
tears about tears

I want better soup.
Cierra Royce
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1354 - 2013-10-08 07:12:09 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

That basically was Jester's point in a nutshell, Shut up or GTFO.

No point in trying to persuade anyone they are wrong kinda attitude, just ride this train and you don't complain about the conductor pissing in your soup whilst giving some other dude he likes champagne, super fine soup and caviar, if you don't like it get the **** off at the next stop.

No replacement soup and no conductor getting a severe beating to put an end to his shenanigans.

However, CCP have seen the error of their ways on many occasions following player protest and complaint, doesn't always happen immediately, and doesn't help that certain player councillors appear to be running interference for them these days, but why just give up without a fight?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1355 - 2013-10-08 07:13:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

i bolded the part thats important. you people didn't stop playing with the ref, your still playing while runnning up and down the street comploaining about how unfair it is and that ref will cause the end of the world.

I'm sorry that CCP giving some people some crap ships makes the game less fun for you. It does not for me.

But please, for the love of all that's good, stop descending to the level of the idiots we all usually laugh at. No one is trolling you, no one is trying to get a response from you. Even suggesting thyatr is unworthy of an intelligent man.

We disagree and think that your reaction is silly. It's not being any kind of CCP white knight or fanboi, we're not on SOMERs payroll. We simply think all of this is stupid.

We're pointing out to you that your reaction is silly, the same way we'd point it out to the guy playing a non-professional pick up game of soccer who ended up punching the ref in the mouth and getting hauled off to jail for assault, all of something that just doesn't matter one bit. Just find a new ref.

Not everyone's a Gen Y and thinks the world and everything in it is discardable. You know, just give up and take ball home when things don't go the way they like.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1356 - 2013-10-08 07:29:12 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

heh, people may not unsubb now but if CCP continues like this over time the subs will gradually decline on their own.
Sparky999
Tyrant's
Short Bus Syndicate
#1357 - 2013-10-08 07:33:01 UTC
I don't get why people are making a big deal of this.....

I mean as far as im conserned as long as it doesn't effect my gameplay then it really shouldn't matter. Then again I guess I just think differently then most of you do. Im pretty sure ill live when im not getting a gift or free stuff from CCP.
Ok yes, I can see where some of you are coming from when you say they shouldn't have tried to hide it, but does it really effect how you play the game? I don't really think so. I think you guys will live from not getting free stuff.
Like I said though. its just my opinion.
YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#1358 - 2013-10-08 07:49:38 UTC
With these ships being given out to buddies, and CCP being strangely nearly completely silent on the matter - it makes me wonder what else was given out? o_O
Stoogie
Cadre Assault Force
#1359 - 2013-10-08 07:50:54 UTC
But it does effect you. Go back and read the thread to find out why. Its been explained about 50 times at least. These "thank yous" are worth isk if they are sold and that isk can be used to change the sand box. This means its not a level playing field and if your enemies are giving this advantage then you are directly affected.
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1360 - 2013-10-08 07:57:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaivar Lancer
Sparky999 wrote:
I don't get why people are making a big deal of this.....

I mean as far as im conserned as long as it doesn't effect my gameplay then it really shouldn't matter. Then again I guess I just think differently then most of you do. Im pretty sure ill live when im not getting a gift or free stuff from CCP.
Ok yes, I can see where some of you are coming from when you say they shouldn't have tried to hide it, but does it really effect how you play the game? I don't really think so. I think you guys will live from not getting free stuff.
Like I said though. its just my opinion.

I don't care about getting free stuff. I care about my OPPONENTS getting free stuff. This isn't Hello Kitty Online. If your opponents get free stuff and you don't, you are LOSING your edge. Do you like the dealer deliberately handing other players pocket aces? This is what you would call RIGGED.