These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#1301 - 2013-10-07 21:34:48 UTC
leich wrote:
He should be a man and do the right thing trash the lot.

bonfire of the vanities
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#1302 - 2013-10-07 21:40:39 UTC
Totally Lame

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1303 - 2013-10-07 21:51:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I say "you fellows need to light up some of that "good green" and let your cares fly away" Big smile )

Cameron Freerunner wrote:
Tactical Trolling 101: Every time someone posts, the thread is bumped to the top. It doesn't matter what they post, since most people won't read past page 1. If you own the thread, this is good. If you're against the thread, this is bad.

If you had any brains at all, you'd let the thread die. But, please, keep posting.
I'm So Meta Even Trolling Around

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1304 - 2013-10-07 21:53:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Jimmy Farrere wrote:
You will all be pleased to hear that because of the uproar from the community SOMER Blink have decided to redistribute this new-found wealth in the most appropriate way they can think of, by generating true, ingame content.

Over the coming weeks the Scorpion Ishukone Watch that were gifted to SOMER Blink members will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be donated to Goonswarm Federation and the CFC. In turn, the CFC will use this isk to form and fund a new squad which will be dedicated solely to taking over hi-sec POCOs when Rubicon goes live. This will serve to accelerate the changes that CCP have made to the game and give both nullsec and hisec players weeks if not months of new content.

I for one would like to thank SOMER Blink for doing the right thing and returning their questionably gained wealth back into active players hands.

i find this very hard to believe, in fact, i'd wager it's complete bullshit. you got any actual proof?
Charru Kauppias
Doomheim
#1305 - 2013-10-07 22:01:35 UTC
I bet 90% of people posting in this just enjoy the drama.
Kate stark
#1306 - 2013-10-07 22:14:21 UTC
Charru Kauppias wrote:

let's assume you're correct.

that still leaves nearly 7 pages of legitimate concern.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1307 - 2013-10-07 22:19:01 UTC  |  Edited by: PotatoOverdose
Charru Kauppias wrote:

Confirming that Chribba is a drama lama.Roll

If Chribba is criticizing CCP, maybe they ought to rethink their policies.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1308 - 2013-10-07 22:26:38 UTC
Cameron Freerunner wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Fourteen
You do know that you are indirectly helping the side that opposes your opinion,
simply by posting in this thread ... right ?

Who cares? It's a video game board. What's gonna happen, the NSA gonna come get me for supporting CCP.

By the way, if any NSA agents are watching, I LOVE the current President, his family, even his dogs. No need to fire up the black helicopters!

(i could never advocate this in real life because of my job, but here I say "you fellows need to light up some of that "good green" and let your cares fly away" Big smile )

Tactical Trolling 101: Every time someone posts, the thread is bumped to the top. It doesn't matter what they post, since most people won't read past page 1. If you own the thread, this is good. If you're against the thread, this is bad.

If you had any brains at all, you'd let the thread die. But, please, keep posting.

Ok, I wuill, and thanks for teaching how the forums i'v ebeen using since forever work lol.

I'll say again, some of you need to take a break from this, get some perspective. We're talking about a video game.
Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#1309 - 2013-10-07 22:28:34 UTC
Where does the "secrecy" come into play? I see Somer asking for secrecy but not ccp
Kate stark
#1310 - 2013-10-07 22:37:06 UTC
Tasha Saisima wrote:
Where does the "secrecy" come into play? I see Somer asking for secrecy but not ccp

ccp clearly agreed to do it under the table.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1311 - 2013-10-07 22:43:08 UTC
i have read some allegations that CCP Navigator previously worked for Somer blink. is there any confirmation on this?
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1312 - 2013-10-07 22:47:55 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Charru Kauppias wrote:

Totally forgot about Chribba ...
If somebody should have gotten stuff, then him...

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#1313 - 2013-10-07 22:48:03 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

I'll say again, some of you need to take a break from this, get some perspective. We're talking about a video game.

YOU are the prototype drama queen when it comes to protecting the game from "the evil carebaers". And now you try to tell the people that discuss a similar issue to "get some perspective" and "It's just a video game"... It seams you are just a bad troll after all..
Jimmy Farrere
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1314 - 2013-10-07 22:52:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jimmy Farrere
Jimmy Farrere wrote:
You will all be pleased to hear that because of the uproar from the community SOMER Blink have decided to redistribute this new-found wealth in the most appropriate way they can think of, by generating true, ingame content.

Over the coming weeks the Scorpion Ishukone Watch that were gifted to SOMER Blink members will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be donated to Goonswarm Federation and the CFC. In turn, the CFC will use this isk to form and fund a new squad which will be dedicated solely to taking over hi-sec POCOs when Rubicon goes live. This will serve to accelerate the changes that CCP have made to the game and give both nullsec and hisec players weeks if not months of new content.

I for one would like to thank SOMER Blink for doing the right thing and returning their questionably gained wealth back into active players hands.

To clarify for the more gullible among you, this isn't actually happening.

But it could is the the point. By gifting valuable items to a player-run entity CCP is interfering with the sandbox and who knows what the knock on effect of that will be?

Maybe SOMER or their alts are funding that corporation you're at war with? Maybe they use that isk to manipulate the market that you are speculating on? Why are players being handed an in game advantage for participating in something which exists solely to generate income? While you're spending your hard earned isk (or real life $$$'s) you're competing against people that are being funded indirectly by CCP themselves.

Why didn't CCP just send them Rifter Hubs or T-Shirts or...just nothing at all, the same as they've given to all the other great community sites that are out there?

This isn't against SOMER or anyone who has been given these gifts, it's against CCP's stupid decision to arbitrarily pick favourite in-game entities to donate game-changing amounts of isk to. Especially in the shady manner in which this was done.

CCP, stop sh*tting in your own sandbox!
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1315 - 2013-10-07 23:01:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
Jimmy Farrere wrote:

i find this very hard to believe, in fact, i'd wager it's complete bullshit. you got any actual proof?

It's not, but if it were, it would be the only legitimate way to turn this idiocy into something that actually resembles the feeble excuses the devs have offered for why they're doing it.

Of course, if they wanted to do that, they could just have… you know… created a proper event that actually rewarded the community. It still wouldn't really qualify Somer as a “community service” since the ones providing the service would be the actual organisers, so that part of the dev rationalisations is still pure BS, but at least some part of what they've said would no longer be a blatant lie.
Orakkus
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#1316 - 2013-10-07 23:07:32 UTC
I have read much of what has been written here and in another thread about the situation. Strangely enough, the arguments are the same, go figure. Funny enough, so is my response.

To me this whole situation is a non-issue. It doesn't compare with the T2 Scandal or even the recent problem with the TOS. This is a waste of people's time to even be upset about. CCP rewarded Somer for their contributions to our community.. whether you LIKE them or NOT. CCP rewarded us recently with a whole bunch of new toys like the Gnosis and stuff, and didn't consider my feelings at all whether or not I liked you all getting one. And the Gnosis is actually useful, not a glorified white elephant of a prize like the Ishukone Watch Scorpion.

This is not an issue.
This is not even bad.

Move along and get to some real problems and stop wasting rage or brain power on this.

He's not just famous, he's "IN" famous. - Ned Nederlander

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1317 - 2013-10-07 23:09:40 UTC
To all the people trying to dismiss those of us who are complaining, proclaiming us "childish", suggesting that we don't understand that it's "just a game" and that CCP have "every right" to do this...

I'll let you in on a little secret: We know it's a game. It's one of our little hobbies. We compete with each other for fun. We understand that EVE, and what happens in it, in the grand scheme of things isn't of great importance to our lives. We get that.

But it is a fun little hobby of ours, and if it's being messed with, we kinda don't like that.

Let's go with an analogy: Plenty of people play football (soccer) against their friends as a hobby. Nothing of great importance resides on the outcome, and they're in it just for fun. Now lets say that during a friendly match, just for a fun past time, the referee decides that one team is getting handed 3 extra goals. Just because he can do that. People wouldn't like that, and they'd stop playing with that referee.

People would be upset. And it's not because we are mistakenly attributing too great of an importance on what is just a hobby, it's not because we're childish and upset that the other group won... it's because, at the end of the day, such actions reduce the fun we had with that activity. It's that simple. It makes it not as fun any more. If the interference happens enough times, and to large enough degrees, we're going to move away from this particular fun past time onto one which is just more enjoyable.

I'm surprised this has to even be explicitly explained, I would have thought it rather obvious. Or maybe it is, and people are just trolling or trying to defend a company/game they're fans of from any criticism

Mara Maken
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#1318 - 2013-10-07 23:12:05 UTC
Has CCP remained silent outside of the kotaku quote?

First we has TOS, then Somer, now the secret giveaways.. when is someone going to step up and organize a demonstration to show CCP that they are in the wrong.

Eve has thrived because of the hardcore gamers creating content. I would think that the majority of the hardcore gamers who remember T20 and understand the issues with what has been going on have multiple accounts. It's not difficult to show CCP how big a deal this is. I know I have an account or two im willing to sacrifice.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#1319 - 2013-10-07 23:14:41 UTC
Kate stark wrote:
Charru Kauppias wrote:

let's assume you're correct.

that still leaves nearly 7 pages of legitimate concern.

or 7 pages of people with mother issues that are in dire need of a registered therapist.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#1320 - 2013-10-07 23:15:34 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
PotatoOverdose wrote:
Charru Kauppias wrote:

Totally forgot about Chribba ...
If somebody should have gotten stuff, then him...

i duuno man CCP gave Cribbs mintchip... thats worth way more then internet pixles right?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.