These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Jimmy Farrere
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1281 - 2013-10-07 20:39:21 UTC
You will all be pleased to hear that because of the uproar from the community SOMER Blink have decided to redistribute this new-found wealth in the most appropriate way they can think of, by generating true, ingame content.

Over the coming weeks the Scorpion Ishukone Watch that were gifted to SOMER Blink members will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be donated to Goonswarm Federation and the CFC. In turn, the CFC will use this isk to form and fund a new squad which will be dedicated solely to taking over hi-sec POCOs when Rubicon goes live. This will serve to accelerate the changes that CCP have made to the game and give both nullsec and hisec players weeks if not months of new content.

I for one would like to thank SOMER Blink for doing the right thing and returning their questionably gained wealth back into active players hands.
Bronco Platz
Doomheim
#1282 - 2013-10-07 20:40:31 UTC
Disdaine wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Stuff

Thirteen posts in the last two pages. Roll

Thread has allways be in top. How this happens doesn't matter.

This signature is under NDA. Sorry.

Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1283 - 2013-10-07 20:43:48 UTC
Bronco Platz wrote:
Thread has allways be in top. How this happens doesn't matter.
Indeed.

People don't say "there's a thread of 65 pages filled with varying opinions",
they say "there's a 65 page threadnaught about how CCP ****** up".

*gggggg*

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1284 - 2013-10-07 20:44:39 UTC
Disdaine wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Stuff

Fourteen
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1285 - 2013-10-07 20:46:31 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Fourteen
You do know that you are indirectly helping the side that opposes your opinion,
simply by posting in this thread ... right ?

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1286 - 2013-10-07 20:48:28 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
To Be Me wrote:
If u guys unsub i will unsub too
already got too much **** up with this game, company srsly

But that's the point, we (or at least I) don't want to unsub, we are hoping (perhaps in vain) to keep from getting to that point by having our voices heard. If only there was some group who could represent us.

Too bad that group has no power of any kind. Regardless of their purported mandate, they can only do what CCP allows them to do. CCP Pokethulu has already staked out his position. What the CSM thinks or wants is totally irrelevant. No matter what you say, no matter how long this thread goes, no matter how many people shoot monuments, no matter what the CSM does, CCP will keep right on doing whatever they want as long as people keep logging on.

If you want to do something, log off. You don't have to unsub yet, but you should definitely log off. If the CFC or other major alliances posted a message to the effect of "we're logging off in protest" and the concurrent logons fell below 10k average, you can bet your sweet ass they'll take action. Everything else is pointless. Logging on is the same as voting yes for more of the same.
Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1287 - 2013-10-07 20:48:33 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Disdaine wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Stuff

Fourteen

We are here because we have something to defend.
You are here because you have nothing.
Just as each time you post. Since years.
leich
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#1288 - 2013-10-07 20:50:33 UTC
He should be a man and do the right thing trash the lot.
Zondrail
Formic Hive
#1289 - 2013-10-07 20:51:00 UTC
First... isn't themittani.com basically the Fox News of EVE? Hasn't he basically said he wants to control "the media" in EVE? Are people really freaking out this much just because an article told them to?

To compare this to the T20 stuff just seems absurd. To say that they need to be more transparent about this or assess the reality of providing these items is fine, and justifiable, but to start talking about CCP employees secret plans to print their friends ships, just seems a little far to me.

I think one thing that needs to be clarified and defined in words, is the value of aesthetic items. In most games, people don't give a crap about giving out aesthetic items, because they have no value. But if you can turn around and sell that aesthetic item for the in-game currency equivalent of a small fleet of capital ships, I don't think it's quite as clear-cut as before. And I think that's where the problem lies with doing things like this in EVE. There are enough collectors in EVE that these are worth a ton of money, that can turn into real-game power.

It's not the stats of the ship I would ever be worried about, it's the value in ISK they immediately hold from being rare. The problem is that ANYTHING would be like this, because it's EVE. Unless you make it a ship you can't fly or blow up, or trade and sell, the problem will always exist. Whether it's a custom ship, or a diamond monocle, someone can sell or destroy it. And to remove that, would make it not EVE.

So if you want to keep things EVE-y, they need to be sellable and destroyable, which means I don't think you can really have a way to recognize in game groups with a reward unless you accept the above problem of those items then being extremely valuable ISK wise (even if they are useful themselves).
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1290 - 2013-10-07 20:51:23 UTC
Tao Dolcino wrote:

We are here because we have something to defend.
You are here because you have nothing.
Just as each time you post. Since years.

Sanity regarding this incident seems it might be in need of defense.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1291 - 2013-10-07 20:55:14 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Fourteen

Who cares? It's a video game board. What's gonna happen, the NSA gonna come get me for supporting CCP.

By the way, if any NSA agents are watching, I LOVE the current President, his family, even his dogs. No need to fire up the black helicopters!

(i could never advocate this in real life because of my job, but here I say "you fellows need to light up some of that "good green" and let your cares fly away" Big smile )

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1292 - 2013-10-07 21:01:27 UTC
Jimmy Farrere wrote:
You will all be pleased to hear that because of the uproar from the community SOMER Blink have decided to redistribute this new-found wealth in the most appropriate way they can think of, by generating true, ingame content.

Over the coming weeks the Scorpion Ishukone Watch that were gifted to SOMER Blink members will be auctioned off and the proceeds will be donated to Goonswarm Federation and the CFC. In turn, the CFC will use this isk to form and fund a new squad which will be dedicated solely to taking over hi-sec POCOs when Rubicon goes live. This will serve to accelerate the changes that CCP have made to the game and give both nullsec and hisec players weeks if not months of new content.

I for one would like to thank SOMER Blink for doing the right thing and returning their questionably gained wealth back into active players hands.

rubbish, give it to test alliance. don't ignore them

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Vembuvend
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1293 - 2013-10-07 21:02:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Vembuvend
The only issue is the items that are being given out. If CCP wants to give fan content some recognition, why hand out something that impacts purely game's economy while not denting CCP-s revenue slightest bit?

They took the easy road to not spend a penny and put the players to pay for their gift.

In the end, we should be looked as the gifters, but has CCP asked our advice? Has any polls been made recently?

(I saw this thread spin up few days ago while on a trip and immediately wanted to say that showing appreciation to fan sites is good. After letting it settle in I came to the conclusion that CCP-s method is wrong.)
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1294 - 2013-10-07 21:09:04 UTC
Vembuvend wrote:
The only issue is the items that are being given out. If CCP wants to give fan content some recognition, why hand out something that impacts purely game's economy while not denting CCP-s revenue slightest bit?

They took the easy road to not spend a penny and put the players to pay for their gift.

In the end, we should be looked as the gifters, but has CCP asked our advice? Has any polls been made recently?]

how is that possible, it was supposed to be secret

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#1295 - 2013-10-07 21:10:41 UTC
Still waiting....

The Tears Must Flow

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1296 - 2013-10-07 21:16:04 UTC
Vembuvend wrote:

In the end, we should be looked as the gifters, but has CCP asked our advice? Has any polls been made recently?

(I saw this thread spin up few days ago while on a trip and immediately wanted to say that showing appreciation to fan sites is good. After letting it settle in I came to the conclusion that CCP-s method is wrong.)

The same can be said for every unique item ever given. That being the case I assume you have an issue with the Alliance tournament ships as well?
Kirren D'marr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1297 - 2013-10-07 21:18:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Kirren D'marr
Jenn aSide wrote:
If CCP did something that was bad enough to make me angry, I'd just leave till they fixed it or not. But ranting about what people do with things that don't beloing to you seems to me alike a form of entitlement thinking.

Some have already unsubbed, but while their accounts still have time, are here expressing their views in hopes of something productive coming from it. Others feel that it is premature to cancel accounts before we have heard an official response from CCP; there may be other details or issues we are unaware of that influence the decision, or CCP may come up with a resolution which placates some of those upset by this issue.

Either way, if you don't give your two cents, how do you expect to get any change?

Quote:
I'm calling it endemic because the notion that it's ok for the devs to hand out special favours to specific groups for no adequate reason has spread from just one person to a whole bunch of them. What was just a single dev being stupid is now endemic in all of them (and this spread of a bad idea is then trotted out as an excuse for this behaviour).
You might have worded it the wrong way, or i misinterpret "endemic".
Saying it spread from one guy to the others implies that CCP thought
"hey, t20 did it ... we should too" ... which clearly isn't the case.
Language barrier ?

I'm pretty sure you are thinking of "epidemic", not "endemic" (the use of "endemic" here is referring to the first adjective definition, "natural to or characteristic of"). Don't worry, the two are often confused as even most native English speakers don't understand the difference.

Why a switch on/off? Because the new animation doesn't add anything to gameplay and it's graphically annoying. In other words, it's worse than bad: it's useless. Simple as that.     _ - Kina Ayami_

Vembuvend
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1298 - 2013-10-07 21:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Vembuvend
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Vembuvend wrote:

The same can be said for every unique item ever given. That being the case I assume you have an issue with the Alliance tournament ships as well?

I don't have any issues with those particular items at all. What I wanted to point out is that there are better and less disruptive gifts a big company like CCP could give.
YesYes NoNoNo
Karmic Rebalance
#1299 - 2013-10-07 21:26:40 UTC
Jimmy Farrere wrote:

[citation needed]?
Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1300 - 2013-10-07 21:33:51 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Fourteen

Who cares? It's a video game board. What's gonna happen, the NSA gonna come get me for supporting CCP.

By the way, if any NSA agents are watching, I LOVE the current President, his family, even his dogs. No need to fire up the black helicopters!

(i could never advocate this in real life because of my job, but here I say "you fellows need to light up some of that "good green" and let your cares fly away" Big smile )

Tactical Trolling 101: Every time someone posts, the thread is bumped to the top. It doesn't matter what they post, since most people won't read past page 1. If you own the thread, this is good. If you're against the thread, this is bad.

If you had any brains at all, you'd let the thread die. But, please, keep posting.