These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
To Be Me
Doomheim
#1261 - 2013-10-07 20:00:05 UTC
If u guys unsub i will unsub too
already got too much **** up with this game, company srsly

thumbs up if you like :))))

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1262 - 2013-10-07 20:02:19 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:

Although i agree that there are worse things going on in the world
and although i also agree that people might have to rethink their priorities,
you do know perfectly well that everything is just a matter of perspective.

Yes, and i try to give people credit for that. Everyone is not me.

Quote:

"The" rich-white-girl whining about her first world problems still feels bad about what's going on,
even if it seems like a completely ridiculous issue. It doesn't change the fact that the feelings are real.

Or that the issue is still ridiculous lol.

Quote:

You call it silly, while completely dismissing their emotional reality. (is there a proper english term for that ?)

This is not "grown up", but "ignorant of how others feel about things".

it's not being ignorant of how people feel. People could feel the sky is orange when it's blue. I'm not one to personally care about how people feel. I care about "what is". Ishukone Scorps "is" CCPs property, as is all of EVE.

It was like that for me in real life. I worked on a job that I like when the powers that be announced changes to the way we worked (changes that I deeply disagreed with).

People EXPLODED in anger, but most stayed. I left (on good terms) to another agency and when my old boss called and told me that the new management had rescinded the changes (three years later), I went back and it's my current job still. For 3 years people bitched and moaned but stayed put, I just can't understand that (in my line of work, their are always other departments hiring/testing).

If CCP did something that was bad enough to make me angry, I'd just leave till they fixed it or not. But ranting about what people do with things that don't beloing to you seems to me alike a form of entitlement thinking.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1263 - 2013-10-07 20:02:58 UTC
…and that just makes the second case worse than the first.
I didn't judge it,
but i agree that it's a completely different scale.

Quote:
…and I'm saying that he second difference isn't actually a difference in what the issue is: devs favouring a single entity under a veil of secrecy. More of them thinking this bad idea is a good idea doesn't change what it is they're doing.
Yes ...
... but in one case, CCP had no idea and didn't show any "favouritism" whatsoever.

That's a difference needed to be pointed out, because that's how it went.
CCP didn't pull off the "t20", t20 pulled off the "t20". (hahahaha sounds funny XD)

Quote:
I'm calling it endemic because the notion that it's ok for the devs to hand out special favours to specific groups for no adequate reason has spread from just one person to a whole bunch of them. What was just a single dev being stupid is now endemic in all of them (and this spread of a bad idea is then trotted out as an excuse for this behaviour).
You might have worded it the wrong way, or i misinterpret "endemic".
Saying it spread from one guy to the others implies that CCP thought
"hey, t20 did it ... we should too" ... which clearly isn't the case.
Language barrier ?

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1264 - 2013-10-07 20:04:18 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Sexy Cakes wrote:

I swear you come off like a first semester psychologist on like every single post. Why do you feel the need to break down people's posts to the motives behind them?

Well, I did double major in psycology and criminal justice...

But the main point is, I like to get to the bottom of a situation, to see WHY im right and others or wrong or why I'm wrong and everyone else should STFU because I'm never wrong...

I'm not going to change any minds, but again, THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD. If you want a board full of yes men, go make "www.FansofSexyCakes.com" and make one of the rules for posting be "must always agree with Sexy Cakes, because these cankes ain't a lie" or something.

One more thing, the constant pleading about why I'm posting demonstrates a level of insecurity about the position being discussed. I read that in a psycology textbook once a long time ago Twisted

Quote:

Learn to take things at face value and not debunk people's comments based on your (badly) perceived reasons behind their post.

In other words, lie.

No

Christ, you're such a big child.

I don't know you personally but I've followed your posts. I'm speaking to you man to man (don't look at my girl avatar). you're better than this James. Grow up brother.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1265 - 2013-10-07 20:05:16 UTC
To Be Me wrote:

But that's the point, we (or at least I) don't want to unsub, we are hoping (perhaps in vain) to keep from getting to that point by having our voices heard. If only there was some group who could represent us.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1266 - 2013-10-07 20:05:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I am a smart and reasonable person.

Although rich-white-girls' issues might be silly or ridiculous,
the feelings these issues cause still are pretty much real.
Making fun of her would be dumb, but you don't do that anyway.

Thank you. You might be seen in a better light now, too. ^_^

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#1267 - 2013-10-07 20:06:30 UTC
Interesting how fast the EA type practices took to surface.

No time flat. Welcome to the EA world of non-integrity CCP. Enjoy your stay.What?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1268 - 2013-10-07 20:06:43 UTC
You might have worded it the wrong way, or i misinterpret "endemic".
Saying it spread from one guy to the others implies that CCP thought
"hey, t20 did it ... we should too" ... which clearly isn't the case.
Language barrier ?

No language barrier, I think you have it right. There is no link between this and T20. CCP owns the pixels/images whatever. They don't have to justify themselves to anyone.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1269 - 2013-10-07 20:08:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

I know those feelings are real. I deal with people who "feel" like they have a right to other people's stuff lol.

I'm saying that feelings don't matter, the world is what it is. Learn to deal with it or curl up in a ball of feelings.

CCP never promised they wouldn't give away inferior but rare scorps to people lol.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1270 - 2013-10-07 20:11:29 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
To Be Me wrote:

But that's the point, we (or at least I) don't want to unsub, we are hoping (perhaps in vain) to keep from getting to that point by having our voices heard. If only there was some group who could represent us.

I appreciate the truth in this post. I disagree, CCP's dealing with the SOMER employees is none of our business and I think it would be wrong for ccp to take back the ships after giving them out.

Now, realistically, CCP is a company and like they did the 1st time with SOMER, they will fold this time too.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1271 - 2013-10-07 20:11:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project's Alt
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
To Be Me wrote:

You see and THERE lies the biggest issue of them all.

People tend to WAIT, because they hope there's a chance words change anything.
The huge issue with this is that the powers-that-are can exploit this to their advantage ...
... by, for example ...

... artificially creating a different issue to divert peoples' attention.
... waiting it out until people have calmed down or fell into apathy, because it's no use.

For example ... imagine the USA had a huge surveillance network and people complained about it.
Imagine furthermore, the president of the USA wants to go to war, but hasn't gotten public approval.

There are two issues - seemingly unrelated - and the people won't budge,
so the most reasonable thing to do is to create an issue that diverts their attention and/or changes their opinion.

Like ... i don't know ... blowing up manhattan and blaming terrorists.

I have no idea how well Crowd Control Productions is actually doing with controlling the crowds, though.
For some reason i believe they are doing much better than most people would think.

Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1272 - 2013-10-07 20:13:43 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

I know those feelings are real. I deal with people who "feel" like they have a right to other people's stuff lol.

I'm saying that feelings don't matter, the world is what it is. Learn to deal with it or curl up in a ball of feelings.

CCP never promised they wouldn't give away inferior but rare scorps to people lol.

They never promised they wouldn't delete all my items, either, and they have the legal right to do so. You're dumb if you think I shouldn't complain about it if it happens.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1273 - 2013-10-07 20:16:45 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

They never promised they wouldn't delete all my items, either, and they have the legal right to do so. You're dumb if you think I shouldn't complain about it if it happens.

!st, who said you shouldn't complain? You should do as you please, as would I.

The point is, you can comlain if you like it mostly changes nothing and is pretty silly. In some cases, the better move to to let the anger pass and move on. What you end up doing is a matter of your personal preference.
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1274 - 2013-10-07 20:17:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnny Marzetti
Jenn aSide wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
To Be Me wrote:

I appreciate the truth in this post. I disagree, CCP's dealing with the SOMER employees is none of our business and I think it would be wrong for ccp to take back the ships after giving them out.

Now, realistically, CCP is a company and like they did the 1st time with SOMER, they will fold this time too.

But you just said CCP has the right to do whatever it wants! So if they take back the ships, Somer should just deal with it, right?

Edit: never mind, I am dealing with a fool.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1275 - 2013-10-07 20:18:12 UTC

I have no idea how well Crowd Control Productions is actually doing with controlling the crowds, though.
For some reason i believe they are doing much better than most people would think.

10 years of EVE pretty much proves what you say.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1276 - 2013-10-07 20:20:37 UTC
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Johnny Marzetti wrote:
To Be Me wrote:

But you just said CCP has the right to do whatever it wants! So if they take back the ships, Somer should just deal with it, right?

Edit: never mind, I am dealing with a fool.

You're acting like a child. We're talking about a video game man.

If CCP decided to take back the ships, those guys have a right to complain too. That's not the point.

I think people complaining about something that is not their business is foolish, but that's just me. I can't revoke your right to complain, so have at it. But as in all things, I have the same privilage, so i'm going to poke fun at you when you do.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1277 - 2013-10-07 20:26:02 UTC
I, for one, sincerely thank those who have took the time to respond to my questions/words.

Now, though, Joe will help me relax with Mary Jane.

Gamer4liff
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1278 - 2013-10-07 20:31:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Gamer4liff
I'm going to toss this out there, posted this in that CSM forum:
myself wrote:

Mike Azariah wrote:

OR

You shouldn't complain about things given out, demanding they be taken back and instead focus on creating a more equitable system for CCP to issue community gifts.

Me I lean towards the latter.

m

OK, fine, I'll bite, post signer. An ideal and equitable system must have the following qualities:

1. Rewards given by CCP must be entirely impossible to monetize. (i.e. not items that can be sold for isk, or used to gain additional isk) [the only exception being alliance tournament prizes/ships or similar ingame events with open enrollment and correctly publicized]

2. Complete disclosure of the process used to select the people who received the non-monitizeable items or honors, and how ingame entities can become eligible for them.

3. Complete disclosure of who received the items.

Bottom line, no free isk, no transferable items. Find other ways to honor people, put up monuments in their favorite systems, put constellations of stars shaped like a group's leader's smiling head, viewable in their home region (do this with mittani and deklein please). Do something creative for god's sake, in a game as big as eve, I'm sure ways could be found to honor communities that do not involve large amounts of rare ships given to people behind closed doors.

A comprehensive proposal for balancing T2 Production: here

Prince Kobol
#1279 - 2013-10-07 20:31:41 UTC
I understand what Jenn aSide is saying and to some extent I agree.

Myself, I have said what I wanted to say which is I disagree with giving people/groups/entities in game items, especially those of which that can be sold for billions of isk for free and in secrecy.

I have no issue with Somerblink, as far as I am concerned they have done nothing wrong.

I also have no issue with CCP having a partnership with them, whether its personal or business, as it is beneficial to both parties.

I believe it is right for people to let CCP know there feelings on any given matter.

There is nothing worse then people complain about something and then finding out they have done nothing about it.

This will be my last post on the subject as I have said everything I want to say.

Now its time to go and actually play Eve :)
Disdaine
#1280 - 2013-10-07 20:34:53 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Stuff

Thirteen posts in the last two pages. Roll