These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1221 - 2013-10-07 19:14:39 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
After years of getting genuinely angry at stuff like this, I grew out of it, because it's silly.

So you admit that in the years you genuinely got angry about stuff like this,
you simply were silly ?

You know ... I've noticed that we often agree on things.
We even agree with this, to some extent.

I personally don't care that CCP did it ...
... but there seem to be enough people who care, so i care with them.

Your opinion is yours ... but saying that people are silly ...
... while at the same time admitting that you were like that ...
... "genuinely" ... makes you look like a questionable character in my eyes.
(i lack words to properly describe how i perceive this)

Not sure if it's hypocrisy. Think about it.

You yourself say you got genuinely angry, but now you have grown out of it and it's silly.

That's bull and in no way mirrors a "grown up" opinion.
For when *you* do it, it's genuine,
but now as you don't, it's silly.

Please correct me if i understood you wrong.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Musca Sklir
Doomheim
#1222 - 2013-10-07 19:16:10 UTC
hello ccp are you there!?

or do we need to emphasize our need for an official update somehow?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1223 - 2013-10-07 19:16:52 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

All the above would be fine. OR if I did find a problem with it, I'd make exactly one post about it, wait to see if it changed, and then leave. Because I don't own ccp or EVE online (and the thousands upon thousand of actual hours I've spent playing it and loving it and worshiping the Holy Mach, blessed be it's name, doesn't change that).

The problem is that some of you do feel like you own it. CCP lets you feel that way, Even created a group it lets you vote for to cement that feeling of ownership. But it's just a feeling, a false one at that. At the end of the day, CCP can do as it pleases with it's private property, as can all of you (with your money, or without your time that you use to make plex).

And the whole community isn't reacting negatively (which IMO is what burns the over-reactors, turning you loit into Over-Reactor IIs with extra powergrid bonus). There are many of us who really don't give 2 flips about CCP handing out some inferior ships. I'm sorry, but something a private company does just doesn't rise to the level of genuine concern for me. I find your concern silly.

Nullbears that spend all day running anoms in 'the Holy Mach, blessed be it's name' don't have much stake in the game at large so I can see how you would be ignorant of the repercussions of something like this.

Which is cool.

The only annoying part is when they start spewing their ignorance into other people's discussions.

In an idiotic thead, that one takes the cake...The sexy cakes.

This is proof if what I'm talking about. You are litterally mad at me for calling the situation what it is (silly), and went so far as to dismiss my opinon by citing what portion of imaginary space I play in. That's beyond dumb.

It goes to show that some of you are too close to this game and need to back up off it some (excuse the ebonics). CCp handedn some imaginary ships worth imaginary money (unless you RMT lol) to some folks who basically run an imaginary gambling site. Big whoop.
Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1224 - 2013-10-07 19:19:13 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Soooo… T20? Good idea, or best idea?
I don't understand why people bring this up.
People at CCP didn't know he was doing it, so how do people draw a connection ?
These are completely different issues.

It's just superficially connected by the fact that somebody got stuff and nobody talked about it.
Back then, though, it was only one guy who didn't have the blessings of CCP to do it.

Buy Solstice Project for PLEX4GOOD ! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=301266 (this alt-character will get deleted once the sale is done, on 6th of december)

Ghost Phius
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#1225 - 2013-10-07 19:19:32 UTC
62 pages and CCP still has no integrity.
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1226 - 2013-10-07 19:20:59 UTC
Solstice Project's Alt wrote:

These days its known as Snowflake Syndrome.

Not today spaghetti.

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#1227 - 2013-10-07 19:21:15 UTC
Musca Sklir wrote:

I think theyre busy removing all these other Special Edition ships and a few Sabre BPOs they spawned.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1228 - 2013-10-07 19:21:48 UTC
Musca Sklir wrote:

two csm people alreaady pointed out you need nothing

1 trit

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1229 - 2013-10-07 19:22:03 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
There are many of us who really don't give 2 flips about CCP handing out some inferior ships.
…and guess what? That's not the concern here.

So, what, exactly, is your concern (not to preempt you, but if it's "favoritisim", ccp can favor who they like)? What is your stake, and how does this action affect you, me and the general community?

Quote:

That was a rogue employee. You could almost (but not quite) say he was stealing by generating stuff for people. This action is apperently ok with the powers that be at CCP (ie the owners of the game). You have a right to dislike what you want, I'm saying that dislike is irrational.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1230 - 2013-10-07 19:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Jenn aSide wrote:
You are litterally mad at me for calling the situation what it is (silly)
As long as you state it as an absolute, he's more in the right than you are.

Quote:
CCp handedn some imaginary ships worth imaginary money (unless you RMT lol) to some folks who basically run an imaginary gambling site. Big whoop.
Yes. Big whoop. It's a game where there is an expectation of the devs staying impartial and not unduly favouring any one part. Their proving themselves partial and favouring specific entities for no adequate reason is a problem, no matter how much you want to dismiss it and the people pointing out this fact.

Jenn aSide wrote:
So, what, exactly, is your concern (not to preempt you, but if it's "favoritisim", ccp can favor who they like)?
The big concern is favouritism because, no, it is not something the devs can do. It's against their own rules. It's why we have the CSM and IAD and GMs: to ensure that no-one is being handed special dev favours under the table.

It is also not something they should do because it kills all trust in the system. Meta-game and just being better than the other guy is one thing; having the devs alter the world to your benefit is another.

Quote:
That was a rogue employee.
So? It was still CCP doing whatever the hell it pleases. It was a much smaller donation than this. It actually went to a contributor to the community and one that generated game content. All the excuses they're trotting out for this case of favouritism applies to the old one as well (again, except that T20 was on a smaller scale).
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1231 - 2013-10-07 19:22:27 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Irony.

Finally someone got it.

Still /popcorn Blink

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1232 - 2013-10-07 19:26:22 UTC
Tippia wrote:

It's just superficially connected by the fact that somebody got stuff and nobody talked about it.
Back then, though, it was only one guy who didn't have the blessings of CCP to do it.

Well put. I think peopel are trying to rile up others by connecting this non-event to something that was a bit more shady.

People respond negatively to others who don't respond the same way to a situation as they do, and they try to figure out why by speculating. It's either "you don't know the whole story" or in my case "you play in null sec, wtf do you know, nullbear".

But those "tactics" are concrete proof of emotional thinking, because a less emotional response would be along the lines of "I understand this doesn't mean much to you, this is why I'm concerned...."
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1233 - 2013-10-07 19:26:31 UTC
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69 wrote:
Irony.

Finally someone got it.

Still /popcorn Blink

I thought you had more taste than that Scultz...

Naming your alt IHaveCandyGetIntTheVan69.... cmon man.

Not today spaghetti.

Musca Sklir
Doomheim
#1234 - 2013-10-07 19:27:53 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Musca Sklir wrote:

1 trit

i don't give a **** about csm, as you can see they are a joke and not respected enough by ccp.
Sugar Von MurdererTits
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#1235 - 2013-10-07 19:28:22 UTC
Musca Sklir wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and predict you won't get one. Or if you do it will be completely shite and not address the issue at all. That's the reason I unsubbed this account after the previous Somer debacle: money seems to be the only language CCP talks, unfortunately.

In the interests of truth I will say that I'm keeping one of my accounts active but that's only because I foolishly paid a year in advance in September. Cry
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1236 - 2013-10-07 19:29:20 UTC
Musca Sklir wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Musca Sklir wrote:

1 trit

i don't give a **** about csm, as you can see they are a joke and not respected enough by ccp.

Oh ho ho... good one Big smile

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Solstice Project's Alt
Doomheim
#1237 - 2013-10-07 19:29:46 UTC
Sexy Cakes wrote:
I thought you had more taste than that Scultz...

Naming your alt IHaveCandyGetIntTheVan69.... cmon man.
The one is definitely not an alt of the other.

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1238 - 2013-10-07 19:30:10 UTC
Quote:

I used to do something that was stupid
I have grown out of it and realized I shouldn't do it so I no longer do this thing
It is no longer stupid?
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1239 - 2013-10-07 19:30:42 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Well put. I think peopel are trying to rile up others by connecting this non-event to something that was a bit more shady.

People respond negatively to others who don't respond the same way to a situation as they do, and they try to figure out why by speculating. It's either "you don't know the whole story" or in my case "you play in null sec, wtf do you know, nullbear".

But those "tactics" are concrete proof of emotional thinking, because a less emotional response would be along the lines of "I understand this doesn't mean much to you, this is why I'm concerned...."

I swear you come off like a first semester psychologist on like every single post. Why do you feel the need to break down people's posts to the motives behind them?

Learn to take things at face value and not debunk people's comments based on your (badly) perceived reasons behind their post.

Not today spaghetti.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1240 - 2013-10-07 19:33:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Tippia wrote:
Because they're both a case of devs secretly handing out hundreds of billions to select groups based on nothing more than “I want to”.

Just because the current dev has more backing than the previous one doesn't change the nature of what they're doing. It only shows that the cronyism has become endemic, which is actually worse than a single guy doing it on his own. They're not different issues — they're the exact same issue with different layers of excuses to cover for it.

The only difference between the two is one of scale: T20 was a lot smaller in size and effect, and less troublesome in terms of policy.