These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#1121 - 2013-10-07 12:09:58 UTC
Chance Harper wrote:
I would understand the rage, if they would have get some ueberships or super rare BPOs but thats not the case.

Erm, you can sell those ships for 450b isk and buy yourself some uberships or super rare BPOs.
Kirren D'marr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1122 - 2013-10-07 12:13:30 UTC
Chance Harper wrote:
wow 56 pages filled with whine. You all act like a bunch of 9yr olds. Aslong it is not destroying the balance in the game, its not your damn business, what CCP is giving away to who.

I would understand the rage, if they would have get some ueberships or super rare BPOs but thats not the case. They got some ships that doesnt even perform aswell like their standard counterparts.

How far must the balance be tipped before it is considered "destroyed"?

Maybe some are interested in righting that balance before it gets that far.

Why a switch on/off? Because the new animation doesn't add anything to gameplay and it's graphically annoying. In other words, it's worse than bad: it's useless. Simple as that.     _ - Kina Ayami_

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1123 - 2013-10-07 12:13:37 UTC
Things have value in this game... who knew?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1124 - 2013-10-07 12:44:19 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

but when somebody ganks you or steals your stuff "it's just the game, relax and have fun" Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1125 - 2013-10-07 12:45:40 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

but when somebody ganks you or steals your stuff "it's just the game, relax and have fun" Cool

Because it was done by a player.

Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#1126 - 2013-10-07 12:49:08 UTC
I don't get mad when someone checkmates me in chess because it's just a game.

I do get mad when someone cheats at chess because it's just a game.

In both cases it's just a game, but they represent enormous differences in the implications.

The apologist obtuseness is beyond contempt.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

TinkerHell
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#1127 - 2013-10-07 12:58:26 UTC
They should refund the fanfest tournament people their plex back, it seems we are the only people who have actually paid for this ship now. I didn't mind giving away 30 plex to enter as it was a bit off fun(I say a bit because it was so badly organised it was unreal) and for charity, but truth be told my main incentive was the ship as a rare ship collector I cant help feel I should sell everything I have and just have my isk in my wallet before CCP devalues my entire asset worth overnight.
Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1128 - 2013-10-07 13:02:11 UTC
Chance Harper wrote:
wow 56 pages filled with whine. You all act like a bunch of 9yr olds. Aslong it is not destroying the balance in the game, its not your damn business, what CCP is giving away to who.

I would understand the rage, if they would have get some ueberships or super rare BPOs but thats not the case. They got some ships that doesnt even perform aswell like their standard counterparts.

They basically handed out the ISK equivalent of a supercapital hull to 30 people. I'm sure that will not affect the balance in any way.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#1129 - 2013-10-07 13:06:52 UTC
I always try to understand the other side in an argument, but I just can't see it this time.

If they had given 30 special scorps to Goons, the game could literally have collapsed by now from unsubbing. That's the problem. The fact that it was Somer and not Goons is meaningless.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Kate stark
#1130 - 2013-10-07 13:08:43 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:
I always try to understand the other side in an argument, but I just can't see it this time.

If they had given 30 special scorps to Goons, the game could literally have collapsed by now from unsubbing. That's the problem. The fact that it was Somer and not Goons is meaningless.

next time it might be.
it might also be nyxes not scorpions.

and this is why allowing them to hand out **** to people in secret is a terrible idea.

Yay, this account hasn't had its signature banned. or its account, if you're reading this.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1131 - 2013-10-07 13:12:01 UTC
If the CSMs response to this is along the lines of "this is fine, anyone who doesn't agree is just a child who is jealous" then... haha, oh wow

I'll be glad to be done with this company, and with this community, if thats how it works
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1132 - 2013-10-07 13:12:41 UTC
Ra Jackson wrote:
Chance Harper wrote:

They basically handed out the ISK equivalent of a supercapital hull to 30 people. I'm sure that will not affect the balance in any way.

30 supercapitals is what? it's like 2-3% of PL fleet?

Last time i've heard about PL they had 1500 members and each of them had titan or supercarrier (public info from Shadoo on Alliance Tournament)

yea, these "30 supercapital hulls" will really HEAVILY AFFECT ballance Shocked

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1133 - 2013-10-07 13:20:57 UTC
CCP is always good for a laugh.

You have to appreciate people taking actions without thinking about the consequences.

Maybe one day I can start a marginally popular video game company and do stupid sh!t just because I feel like it.

Not today spaghetti.

Ra Jackson
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1134 - 2013-10-07 13:21:47 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

Last time i've heard about PL they had 1500 members and each of them had titan or supercarrier (public info from Shadoo on Alliance Tournament)

yea, these "30 supercapital hulls" will really HEAVILY AFFECT ballance Shocked

I'm sure there are entities in this game that WILL be affected if their enemy shows up with some additional supers. Mate, not everyone in this game is in PL (yet).
And what will it be next time? 30 titans? 20 stations? What is your price?
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1135 - 2013-10-07 13:23:42 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
If the CSMs response to this is along the lines of "this is fine, anyone who doesn't agree is just a child who is jealous" then... haha, oh wow

I'll be glad to be done with this company, and with this community, if thats how it works

I run 6 'main' accounts and 5 for training toons to sell. If I lose any isk on the SIW I currently possess, it will be due to CCP allowing blink employees to engage in insider trading with them for ~6 weeks. Simply unacceptable. So, I have started letting my accounts lapse, it will be -11 on my end when all is said and done if CCP doesn't do something to fix this and make sure it doesn't happen again. GG.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1136 - 2013-10-07 13:37:52 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

That's your right brother, and I'd miss you.

But at the end of the day, CCP is a company that neither you nor I own. The only thing they owe us is access to EVE online when we pay them our sub, and only so long as they offer EVE online as a service. God knows they've made move after move I've disliked in my 6 years of playing. If they do something I can't stand, Im simply going to quit and go play something else (like SC, since it's going to kill EVE anyway).

The posistion of the CSM members who are saying this is no big deal is correct. I'm not saying that because I'm getting anything for it (*me waits for Ishukone Scorp with ghetto rims from CCP*), but because I simply find all this crying unworthy of a mature community. It looks more like WoW forums around here than what you'd expect from a game populated by grown men.

Anyone who dones't like what the game company does should ball up and unsub and be done with it.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1137 - 2013-10-07 13:39:23 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

I run 6 'main' accounts and 5 for training toons to sell. If I lose any isk on the SIW I currently possess, it will be due to CCP allowing blink employees to engage in insider trading with them for ~6 weeks. Simply unacceptable. So, I have started letting my accounts lapse, it will be -11 on my end when all is said and done if CCP doesn't do something to fix this and make sure it doesn't happen again. GG.

if you carry thourgh on this, all good, at least you'll be putting your money where you mouth is, no matter how silly I think it is to stop playing a game because the game maker gave someone else some pixels.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1138 - 2013-10-07 13:40:23 UTC
"I don't care to understand the issues involved, I just know that people are always wrong when they're complaining about something." - Jenn aSide

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1139 - 2013-10-07 13:45:30 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

But at the end of the day, CCP is a company that neither you nor I own. The only thing they owe us is access to EVE online when we pay them our sub, and only so long as they offer EVE online as a service. God knows they've made move after move I've disliked in my 6 years of playing. If they do something I can't stand, Im simply going to quit and go play something else (like SC, since it's going to kill EVE anyway).

The posistion of the CSM members who are saying this is no big deal is correct. I'm not saying that because I'm getting anything for it (*me waits for Ishukone Scorp with ghetto rims from CCP*), but because I simply find all this crying unworthy of a mature community. It looks more like WoW forums around here than what you'd expect from a game populated by grown men.

Anyone who dones't like what the game company does should ball up and unsub and be done with it.

I think the main cause for outcry here is the repeated attempts by CCP to regain the trust they lost from incidents like BoB and Incarna.

Go back and read Hilmar's letter of apology after the 'Greed is Good' incident and take it into account with this situation.

Actions speak louder than words and this is a lot like what CCP does time and time again, favoritism for whatever reason without regards to the bulk of their playerbase.

If this was the first time something like this happened there would be whining but not of this magnitude.

Not today spaghetti.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1140 - 2013-10-07 13:48:49 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
"I don't care to understand the issues involved, I just know that people are always wrong when they're complaining about something." - Jenn aSide

You know better than that James. i do exactly understand the issue, and find that "issue" unworthy of anger be a grown man. If you don't like what is happening, don't be a whiney child about it.

Have the balls to unsub, walk away and don't give CCP your money and tell all your freinds to not play EVE online. But don't you try to look down on me because I'm not reacting immaturely like you are.