These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Pilot

Author
Cyrus Dilinger
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-10-06 19:01:06 UTC
I just started today and so far, im handling everything alright. If anyone would have and ISK, starting items or general advice for me, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#2 - 2013-10-06 19:46:10 UTC
Just so you're aware begging is not allowed on these forums...

However, when you are ingame click on the speech bubble in the chat window and type in 'the angel project' (minus the ' marks)
Sindel might be able to help you.

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#3 - 2013-10-06 23:29:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Erica Dusette
Welcome and good luck! Smile

Since you're completely new then I've advise simply playing through the tutorials to begin with. They'll help you get a feel for everything, give you some starting items and ISK.

Once you've found your feet then maybe poke around to find a good corporation to join. They'll likely help you with all of those aspects too.

Edit: I see you've found a corp. They should be your first port of call for support if they're worth their salt Blink

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-10-07 07:03:21 UTC
Begging for ISK/items here is not allowed.

And in general people frown upon those who do and you will likely be target of mocking more then being helped.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#5 - 2013-10-07 07:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nerath Naaris
J'Poll wrote:
Begging for ISK/items here is not allowed.

And in general people frown upon those who do and you will likely be target of mocking more then being helped.

Ah, I would say that´s usually because people tend to include rage in some form, this is of course an absolute no-go and leads to being mocked.
But on the other hand I have read some rousing sob stories in my time as well. Just make sure you get the right mix of helplessness and determination, people like that.

Edit: Also don´t beg directly, people hate that. Just tell of your tragic story and ask for advise, the ISK will flow on its own...

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Ugy Lunjers
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-10-07 07:43:01 UTC
Start over using someones buddy invitation link. Some of them offer you starting money and even equipment just for using their link. More if you upgrade your account later. So you can end up with several hundreds of milions of ISK as the start up money.
Steve Lau
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-10-07 10:30:41 UTC
Cyrus Dilinger wrote:
I just started today and so far, im handling everything alright. If anyone would have and ISK, starting items or general advice for me, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks!

You may be new but this is a bad start. Asking for advice is good, asking for items is bad. Welcome to EvE hope you get far, so we can blow you up!

<3
Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#8 - 2013-10-07 10:45:32 UTC
Run the tutorial missions. These should net you some ISK, Skillbooks and other stuff.

Also, Begging is bad.... will likely get you blown up.

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.