These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP directly and secretly gifted SOMER Blink 30 Ishukone Scorpions (~450 billion ISK value)

First post First post First post
Author
Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1021 - 2013-10-07 02:14:55 UTC
Maximilian Akora wrote:
So what are the chances this mega thread will actually get a DEV reply this monday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb76AobIgcU
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#1022 - 2013-10-07 02:15:22 UTC
They already said they're going to maintain the policy of opaquely rewarding in-game groups with in-game items.

Official Representative of The Nullsec Zealot Cabal

Deka Ekato
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1023 - 2013-10-07 02:15:26 UTC
Once again CCP are following the exact pattern to their past "mistakes".

Once the media has caught wind of this story, CCP run off to the media first and give some sorry and lame excuse about current issues, leaving their customers, the Eve community still in the dark.

How pathetic.EvilEvilEvil

CCP has not learned, or even care about their past "escapades" and the Eve community.

Thanks CCP for ******* on your customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EvilEvilEvil

To The CSM,

Please remember, you do not represent CCP to the Eve community. You actually represent the the Eve community to CCP

As such, please do, for what you were voted for. Or are you also in it for the free stuff?

Am I angry? Dam right I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EvilEvilEvil

CCP stop this favouritism, and please give the community a response to this issue, soon.
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#1024 - 2013-10-07 02:20:01 UTC
http://themittani.com/news/ccp-secretly-gifted-somer-blink-ishukone-scorpions

Update: CCP Manifest has gotten back to us with an official comment:

We did end up giving Ishukone Ships away to SOMER's people as a "thanks" (as per the email) in a similar manner to our previous issuances of the ship. It's always been meant to be a promo item--for awards, rewards, charity-based efforts, promo items and more. The IshScorp was never meant to be limited at all or "capped" at a certain number--hence why it only refines for 1 Trit and is worse gameplay-wise than the normal Scorpion. There will be more given out in the future by the comm team and others (I will likely give out some some via social and through PR) and I am sure the price will go down--kinda like the pirate noobie frigs we gave out at events.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1025 - 2013-10-07 02:26:22 UTC
Varius Xeral wrote:

We did end up giving Ishukone Ships away to SOMER's people as a "thanks" (as per the email) in a similar manner to our previous issuances of the ship. It's always been meant to be a promo item--for awards, rewards, charity-based efforts, promo items and more. The IshScorp was never meant to be limited at all or "capped" at a certain number--hence why it only refines for 1 Trit and is worse gameplay-wise than the normal Scorpion. There will be more given out in the future by the comm team and others (I will likely give out some some via social and through PR) and I am sure the price will go down--kinda like the pirate noobie frigs we gave out at events.

…and it's still as useless and :ccp: an answer as ever, completely missing the point of the concerns people have. Roll
Varius Xeral
Doomheim
#1026 - 2013-10-07 02:29:29 UTC
CCP gonna :CCP:

Maximilian Akora
It's just business.
#1027 - 2013-10-07 02:34:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Varius Xeral wrote:

…and it's still as useless and :ccp: an answer as ever, completely missing the point of the concerns people have. Roll

CCP missing the point and being entirely clueless on their own game.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS!
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1028 - 2013-10-07 02:46:01 UTC
CCP still being deliberately obtuse? Roll

yeah, we gave them 15bil ships and let them engage in insider trading, but it's ok, because we're going to flood the market with them anyways!
Pr1ncess Alia
Doomheim
#1029 - 2013-10-07 02:54:36 UTC
10 years playing this game.

10 years working hard to earn my isk so I can buy and sell on what I thought was a level playing field.

I remember when we all started talking about all the cool things they could/would do with unique ship skins

...this CCP company, it's like they WANT me to leave them.
They acively undermine what it is we are supposed to like about this game at every turn.

We could have separate LP markets across even spitting out unique ship skins.
We could have a department at CCP that does events that gives these things out.

But no... we have this stupid crap. "here website that runs what is probably a scam, have a half trillion isk worth of stuff"

And to the rest of us that aren't "in the club?" , we should just shut up and pay our subs.

//Oh !!
//and dont' forget to go to scamblink and buy some tickets for blah blah blah !!!
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1030 - 2013-10-07 03:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Money Makin Mitch
Naradius wrote:

OK, I'm going to spell this out for the retards....

1. CCP gave Somer Ish Scorps on the sly (for whatever reason).
2.Somer says to employees - keep it quiet. When you sell them, do it as to not raise suspicion.

Why doesn't Somer want to raise suspicion?
Is it because they knew that they are worth a lot less now than their current market price, because there are actually 40% more available than the rest of the community were led to believe.

Why were they allowed to sell these items into a market that had no idea of their true worth at the time? I can answer that one - because CCP sanctioned it. CCP and Somer knew there were 40% more Ish Scorps seeded...nobody else did.

Somer said herself this was a unique thing CCP was doing for them Shocked

It doesn't matter if it was an Ish Scorp...it's the principle.

i purchased one thinking there were x amount in game... boy was i wrong... nice to see everyone with insider information be able to sell theirs first though for top dollar Roll that pretty much ruins the sandbox for me and invalidates the work i do trading. no sense grinding for billions when the dev can spawn 'limited' items on a whim, give them in secret to their buddies to sell at top rate, and then act like nothing is wrong. we're going to introduce 30 new units when only 90 exist, hand them all to one corp, let them sell them before people figure out whats up.... yeah, that's perfectly ethical. you had no idea it would mess up the market on them... right. i really don't want to do this, but it looks like i'm going to have no choice but to let 6 active, paid accounts lapse within next month... still deciding if i want to keep the other 5 accounts training skills after they run out of time, but probably not. so i guess -11 from me in the end. gg CCP.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1031 - 2013-10-07 03:10:46 UTC
I am becoming more sanguine about this debacle with every passing hour.

Anyone who reads my posts knows that I am accused of tin-foil hattery on a regular basis when I comment about the probability of favouritism by the devs toward certain in-game groups. Most of my posts flag the potential of it, to keep it in the public eye. For that , I am constantly hammered with ridicule.

Well, stuff like this validates my points, which is nice.

But on the other hand, it now seems given that 300 billion ISK handouts seem to be an ongoing thing, are not that uncommon, and meant to be kept secret. It leads me to believe that the concept of a level playing field maintained with the structure of the game is something that not even upper management at CCP pays lip service to.

A sandbox, where everyone has equal opportunity, it clearly put to the lie with these actions. These are not valueless items, since they command in excess of 10 billion each on the open market. 10 billion ISK can alter many a small war, which makes the game rigged.

So for someone like me, trying to fight the good fight in a game supposedly NOT rigged, to say that CCP's actions are disheartening, is an understatement. But it is also liberating, to know that any attempt by any forum poster to suggest that anyone can rise to the upper echelons of the player pyramid is just a complete fabrication, and something I don't have to bristle with righteous anger over anymore.

When the goons and I are on the same side regarding dev favouritism and altering the balance of power in the game (even in a small way), there is something seriously wrong with Eve.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1032 - 2013-10-07 03:18:43 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
The difference, Dinsdale Pirannha, between you and us, is that we don't make such accusations (at least not as anything more than individuals) without any concrete evidence to support it.

There's more than just concrete evidence here, it's been completely confirmed by all parties involved.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#1033 - 2013-10-07 03:22:47 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

...altering the balance of power in the game (even in a small way), there is something seriously wrong with Eve.
30 somewhat-inferior Scorpion variants that CCP never promised as capped in numbers has altered the balance of the game?

Pfftt. Pull the other one - it's got bells on.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#1034 - 2013-10-07 03:27:50 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

...altering the balance of power in the game (even in a small way), there is something seriously wrong with Eve.
30 somewhat-inferior Scorpion variants that CCP never promised as capped in numbers has altered the balance of the game?

they sold for 20bil before everyone realized that CCP magically increased the supply for somer. somer also used this secrecy to engage in insider trading and unload a bunch of them before anyone realized the supply had increased. this is ethical how?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1035 - 2013-10-07 03:29:50 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
The difference, Dinsdale Pirannha, between you and us, is that we don't make such accusations (at least not as anything more than individuals) without any concrete evidence to support it.

There's more than just concrete evidence here, it's been completely confirmed by all parties involved.

apparently it doesn't matter even if it's true

1 tritanium

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1036 - 2013-10-07 03:33:46 UTC
silens vesica wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Well what we know so far, trillions in unique ships + profits from running a lottery based on winning those ships to Somer + around 800 billion in monocles to PL + an unspecified number of monocles and 300 billion in Ish Scorps to Somer.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Anomaly One
Doomheim
#1037 - 2013-10-07 03:36:37 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Well what we know so far, trillions in unique ships + profits from running a lottery based on winning those ships to Somer + around 800 billion in monocles to PL + an unspecified number of monocles and 300 billion in Ish Scorps to Somer.

if I had 0.5% of that I would finally be able to fund my pvp adventures

see where the problem is ? P

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#1038 - 2013-10-07 03:43:06 UTC
Money Makin Mitch wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

they sold for 20bil before everyone realized that CCP magically increased the supply for somer. somer also used this secrecy to engage in insider trading and unload a bunch of them before anyone realized the supply had increased. this is ethical how?

You cited balance or power, not ethics.

400 - 500 B ISK, considering the vast quantities of ISK that the Goons sit upon? That flows through SOMER's vaults every month? NOT a game-changer. A nice thank-you from CCP to some of their favorite pets? Sure, but not a change in balance of power at all.

Now, if you want to cite ethics, I'd agree that making the gift a secret was a bit dodgy, but not all that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. This is a tempest in a teapot, and smells a lot like a temper tantrum when all is said and done.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#1039 - 2013-10-07 03:44:49 UTC
Anomaly One wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
silens vesica wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

if I had 0.5% of that I would finally be able to fund my pvp adventures

see where the problem is ? P

If you want .5% of that, go out and do something to make CCP want to gift you. IOW, you have to WORK for these things, not just wish for 'em.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#1040 - 2013-10-07 03:46:08 UTC
It's perfectly fine, even the csm vice guy said it's ok, so shut up about it already sheesh

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?